Original 140k White on Black - No Reserve - eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original 140k White on Black - No Reserve - eBay

This one should be interesting. It appears to be a mostly original 3 owner white on black M3 with 140k miles. It clearly needs a little work and there is no telling what the condition of the engine is from the description. No indication of service history.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M3-Base-...US_Cars_Trucks

Title appears clean from the AutoCheck (on the eBay listing.) Here's the VIN if someone wants to run a CarFax:

VIN: WBSAK0307J2195636

We have seen plenty of projects in worse shape sell for decent money over the past few months. Asking price on autotrader for this mileage is in the mid-$30k range - it will be very interesting to see how high it goes.
    Last edited by Eiremon; 11-12-2014, 03:48 PM.

I love these type of cars. Lots of Patina, hopefully a little work but a honest driver. I hope he has all the history of maintenance. When I found my car last summer with the full history and one owner I jumped at it. Did my PPI, flew into look at the car and confirmed the sale.

When I imported it into Canada I failed inspection on a brake sensor wire that was fixed on the spot for $60.
    I was lucky I guess. The maintenance history and the fact the car was driven made a great car to buy.
    I REALLY love the handling capability of my M3. I hope this white car pans out to be a good driver for someone.

Just do your due diligence. Don't get EMO about it.

Canuckm3
    1989 E30 M3
    1984 Renault R5 Turbo 2
    2001 Renault Clio Sport V6
    1999 Skyline R34 GTR VSpec
    1972 Datsun 510 KA24 DE - Sold
    1968 Shelby Mustang GT 350 Convertible - Sold

Comment

The lack of a buy it now is interesting as well. Can't wait to see what this Alpine/Black driver goes for....$35-39k
      Last edited by 168glhs1986; 11-13-2014, 12:47 AM.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

It sounds neglected to me. With many bits missing and little things not quite working, I'm certain rust is looming throughout the entire car, not to mention the condition of the engine. It looks like a decent buy if the price doesn't get near 30k.

Comment

Where in VA is this car?
          Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton
          1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
          2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

Register your E30 M3!
          http://www.bmwmregistry.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
            Where in VA is this car?
            Va. Tech, somewhere Republican like south west corner of the state.

11-13- 2014 5 pm update:

67 bids and $20,007. More than 6 days remaining......

This is gonna be fun to sit back and watch, knowing I'm no longer in the market

I do feel a tiny bit bad for those trying to enter the market now. But I suppose next year at this time we will be saying..... Man, I wish I would have bought that Alpine / Black driver on ebay last year for $35....now it's $45k.
            Last edited by 168glhs1986; 11-13-2014, 09:39 AM.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Blacksburg is Western VA.

Comment

" But I suppose next year at this time we will be saying..... Man, I wish I would have bought that Alpine / Black driver on ebay last year for $35....now it's $45k. "

Conversely we could be saying wish I sold last year when prices were nuts! It wouldn't be the first time a segment of the market got nuts and painfully reversed...

81 Ur Quattro
                87 911 M491 Cab
                89 M3
                89 944 T

What can I say,
                I love wide fenders!

Comment

Originally posted by 1st Roundel View Post
                  " But I suppose next year at this time we will be saying..... Man, I wish I would have bought that Alpine / Black driver on ebay last year for $35....now it's $45k. "
                  Conversely we could be saying wish I sold last year when prices were nuts! It wouldn't be the first time a segment of the market got nuts and painfully reversed...
                  I strongly disagree and don't think this segment of the market will ever reversed. Except if we get another economic meltdown, but that would not count. You see, if a buyer knows he overpaid for an M3, why would he sell it for a loss? Unless he is losing his house or life savings.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideM3 View Post

I strongly disagree and don't think this segment of the market will ever reversed. Except if we get another economic meltdown, but that would not count. You see, if a buyer knows he overpaid for an M3, why would he sell it for a loss? Unless he is losing his house or life savings.
                    E30 M3s. The elusive 'sure thing investment'...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hansel View Post

E30 M3s. The elusive 'sure thing investment'...lol

At these prices It really is a can't miss long term investment. Once you get into Sport Evo and DTM money all bets are off. Sellers of those vehicles asking $150k plus are going to sit on their cars for a long time IMO until the values of Base and EVO 2 models catch up.
                      Last edited by 168glhs1986; 11-15-2014, 02:21 AM.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Just look at any for sale ad and you'll see a myriad of reasons for a sale at or below cost. The beautiful redo one on EBay right now. Factoring in the fresh engine and paint, probably a better buy than the white one but I'm guessing not a pure winner of an investment for the seller either.

Originally posted by SlideM3 View Post

81 Ur Quattro
                        87 911 M491 Cab
                        89 M3
                        89 944 T

What can I say,
                        I love wide fenders!

Comment

Question for all of the "M3 as an investment" folks. Just what is your idea of a successful investment? I.E., 10%+ compounded return per year of ownership? Good luck to any one who bought new and drove it 5,000 miles per year. Selling it at or above cost after factoring in Insurance/registration/storage? Or just flipping a barn find or similar after washing it and making sure it runs?

Originally posted by 168glhs1986 View Post

At these prices It really is a can't miss long term investment. Once you get into Sport Evo and DTM money all bets are off. Sellers of those vehicles asking $150k plus are going to sit on their cars for a long time IMO until the values of Base and EVO 2 models catch up.

81 Ur Quattro
                          87 911 M491 Cab
                          89 M3
                          89 944 T

What can I say,
                          I love wide fenders!

Comment

I'm not a car investor but I do have a lot lf cars. My simple mind tells me:

Cars aren't good investments in general but I sure wish I would have bought that Porsche RS America 15 years ago for $35k. With maintenance only that car now is worth $100k +.

Will this happen to the e30 m3? No one knows but I will at least I'm in the ball game.

Most everybody who sold their e30 M wishes they could get it back for the same price they sold it for......do they love the car? Yes but more importantly they love the money and know they sold at the wrong time. Most everyone would sell their car for the right price.

One of my cars owners texts me on the regular and wants to buy his car back.

Well let's see. $2000 wheels a $2400 car detail, $1000 seats, blah blah blah. So min I would ask $10 grand more than what he sold it to me for......but a $5000 profit isn't enough for me right now. I'd take a $10k profit thou right now. Next spring that number will probably increase to $15k profit but who really knows.

If he doesn't want it bad enough it sits in my garage and gets driven and enjoyed on the regular.

Same goes for all my 8 or so toy cars.

All paid for and all for sale if the price is right.

One thing is for certain. These cars at the right price can be sold in a day if you needed the money badly.

It's nice having something desired.
                            Last edited by 168glhs1986; 11-17-2014, 09:22 AM.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
                              Cars aren't good investments in general but I sure wish I would have bought that Porsche RS America 15 years ago for $35k. With maintenance only that car now is worth $100k +. I won't make that same mistake twice
                              i.e. I'm totally going to time the market next time.
                              Last edited by Hansel; 11-17-2014, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X