No announcement yet.

Original 140k White on Black - No Reserve - eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In theory the car should sell with one or two bids at close to listing price.

Unless a new bidder enters the fray OR shill bidding is present I don't see how he can all of a sudden get thousands more for his car.....the market has spoken.

I believe I was shill bid on my M3's. 1st listing was a non paying bidder at $25,200 and relisted. Many bids the second time around and guess what price I won the car at?

You guessed it, $25,200. What are the odds, lol. Although the seller didn't have a reserve on it, he was bidding it up until it meant his minimum.

If he (his shill bidding friend) wins the car, he just says non paying buyer and lists the car again....

Bottom line is if the buyer and seller are happy who really cares....I know in my case, the seller would buy the car back from me at $28k....he knows he let it go for too little.

Sounds like this particular seller is having sellers remorse even before selling the car, hence the hike in price.

Not saying shill bidding is occurring in this particular case thou I did notice he removed the line.....car seems to run excellent..... Good decision to omit that particular line.
    Last edited by 168glhs1986; 11-24-2014, 05:52 AM.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Originally posted by Reelizmpro View Post
      He must have read Gary's post and decided to start it off at $24 w/o BIN...=]
      Well I went and looked at it and if i could figure out how to round up the money without f'ing up a home mortgage from a construction loan I would own it...

For an all original car it looks great. All the small stuff I could take care of, its been waxed so much the piece across the roof had the paint waxed off the back leading edge... II may have told him to change a few things in the add to..-

If he can't sell it for buy now he said he may keep it and just put it in storage and drive it now and then.... He is not hurting for money...
      Last edited by GGray; 11-25-2014, 08:10 AM.
      Gary Gray
      88 M3 Alpine white Track/race car (maybe a turbo in future)
      89 M3 ZinnerBot (restoration project)
      91 VW GTI 2.0 16V
      01 325it Daily Driver/part time track car, not stock

If you can take it apart...you can make it faster...

Comment

If i was basically given a car by my father i wouldnt be in a hurry to sell it either, lol
        Last edited by 168glhs1986; 11-25-2014, 02:18 PM.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
          If i was basically given a car by my father i wouldnt be in a hurry to sell it either, lol
          Well.. more to it than I can say. One of those read between the lines situations...

Gary Gray
          88 M3 Alpine white Track/race car (maybe a turbo in future)
          89 M3 ZinnerBot (restoration project)
          91 VW GTI 2.0 16V
          01 325it Daily Driver/part time track car, not stock

If you can take it apart...you can make it faster...

Comment

Gone for BIN $28,500. Cant shill bid a BIN auction.

Prices still going up I see.

Between this tie last year and March 2014 prices increased drastically.

Will they do it again?

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Hello All, Tom from Northboro Mass here. I just joined today. Yesterday I bought the white M3 from Virginia that you guys have been posting about. Looks to be a nice car with good bones. The car is relatively clean with the exception of the tail and the bumpers in need of paint (no surprises). Zero rust! Engine bay is dirty and neglected. I am a fairly good mechanic and own several other BMWs so I am not worried about making the engine bay right.

The seller was a very nice guy. He is a dentist in his home town with a great reputation. Car is being transported and should arrive at my house on Saturday. Will let you know more when it arrives. I plan to clean it up, show it at local shows, and drive it about 1,000-1,500 miles a year. Will need help with lowering options (struts, plates and CLS wheels).

Comment

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the club! I am not far from you - Natick area. I just bought an M3 in October, nice to see another one moving to the Boston area. My car is in storage until spring :( The Lars Anderson museum has several good German / BMW shows during the summer - hopefully we'll see you there!

-Alan

Comment

Alan,
                  Good to know there are more cars out there in my area. I work at Bose in Framingham not far from you. I have an e36 M3 convert (white/tan/black top) that I showed at BMW day in the clean class. I also go to all of the cars and coffee events. Hope to see your car in the spring. I will be putting mine on the road in March/April) I am going to title it ASAP so the state of mass doesn't tack on an additional 3% sales tax for waiting over 60 days. Going to need a drivers side front marker lens (amber). Have been doing some research but can't find one yet. Hopefully someone will know where I can get one.

Comment

Working...
                  X