88 DS for sale 23k

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 DS for sale 23k

After lots of thought and back and forth I am selling my M3. It is an 88 DS VIN WBSAK0306J2196132. Here is the deal with it. I bought it almost two years ago intent to restore it. After a deployment and a move I realize that itís not going to happen. I bought the car in Hawaii, put it in my garage and went overseas. When I got back it was time for me to move to Virginia. It was not running (I will get to that soon) so I transplanted an 87 325i motor and transmission into it to get it on the boat. It is now sitting outside in this fresh snow that was dumped on us. I have been in Virginia for 5 months now and I havenít done much to the car. It is all stock as far as I know. What I have done. I removed the S14, Trans drive shaft, radiator, oil cooler and air box. Yes I have them all. I removed the head, since it was the problem. It had a hole it a cooling jacket that leaked into the exhaust port. I bought a used head, dropped it off at the machine shop, and had new valves, guides, springs, spring retainers and top and bottom plates installed new. I have done nothing to the block. It turned over just fine with not bottom end noise. The drivetrain had just over 87k on it, which means yes the body does too. I currently have the head a block reassembled using Turners Head gasket kit. I have not put the cams or timing chain gear on. I have all the other parts in tough boxes. Now for the body. It has dents, dings and cracked and faded paint. All the numbers match. There is a small bubble of rust at the base of the center of the windshield. The interior is all there but the seats are worn and have come unstitched on the driverís side seat. The back seats have also come unstitched on the top center. The central locking only works for the passenger, trunk and gas cap. The drivers has a short. I have attached pictures for you to look at. I also have an extra cam tray, new piston heads, intake plenum and throttle bodies, and the old head to go with the car. If you are interested you can reach me directly at teamsmith2008 at gmail. I am listing it now to let everyone see it but it will not be available until I get back from a short mission on the 7th of March. I will have net access while I am out at sea so I can answer any questions you may have. I know I bit off more than I could chew but I will need 23k or I will just keep chewing away until a later time. Thanks.

Last edited by Reelizmpro; 03-08-2015, 08:11 AM.

I have decided to sell the drivetrain seperate from the car if anyone is interested. I am asking 10.5K for it, from radiator to driveshaft and everything in between. Engine, Tranny, wiring harness, ECU, engine and trans. mounts, oil cooler, airbox and all accessories.

Comment

Here are some more pics of the engine

Comment

Pictures have been uploaded.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
        85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
        91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

If you are selling the S14 separate ($10K) how much do you want for the chassis? Im here in Va Beach we have talked on occasion ... I had the Red M3

Comment

Car has been sold, for more than I expected so I am letting the drivetrain go for 8K.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyM3 View Post
              Car has been sold, for more than I expected so I am letting the drivetrain go for 8K.
              Did you sell the S14?

Comment

I still have the S14, trans, and accessories

Comment

Working...
                X