This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F/S M3 Caged Chassis No drivetrain

The time has come for me to sell a shell I have here. It is a 12/1987 M3 that I bought from Andrew Taylor some 8 1/2 years ago, # 2197306.
    Many of you have seen this car in my old shop with a S38B36 (never ran) engine under the hood. I have no spare time to take on this project and hopefully can find the "right" person to sell it to. It has the beginnings of a fine race car, if you pick up where Mr. Taylor left off.
    Details can be found below, I could not attach the document.

Photos can be found here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskqGvHLU

$10,500 for everything I have for this car, as I bought it from Andrew.

After a week, I'm likely to post it on Bring A Trailer.

Please DO NOT inundate me with phone calls. I will respond to all replies as they come in.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FOR SALE, 1988 M3 RACE SHELL
    WBSAK0307J2197306
    12/1987 Production M3 Race Prepped Shell

This car was bought for a project that never got off the ground. I have no time to start the project so it is offered up for sale. I would love nothing more than to see it go to an owner whom could bring the car to fruition with proper period correct parts. It should be quite the car if finished where the prior owner left off. It was purchased as shown from a gentleman going through a divorce some 8 years ago. The car has always been stored inside my shop. All the rust shown is very light (surface only) and would need minor work to clean up.

Full 10 point cage, with many extra reinforcement parts added on. Emulating a DTM cage of the period.
    Extras include: Triangulation to front & rear shock towers.
    Cross bar between reinforced rear shock towers.
    Double redundant reinforcement (with cross mount) to front shock towers.
    Cross dash bar with redundant tubes going behind front shock towers to front sub frame mount area.
    Front downtubes are tied into A pillars.
    Rear downtubes are tied into rear subframe mount points.

Willwood top hinged pedal box with biasing cable.
    AP 4 pot calipers front & new AP 2 pot calipers rear. All fixed (non-floating) mounting.
    Floating front discs. 330x28mm.
    Spare rebuild kits also on hand.
    1 brake & 1 clutch master cylinder missing.

Front Gruppe N coil-over Bilstein 300/300 struts with coil-over & tender springs.
    Ohlinís TT44 Rear Triple adjustable, external reservoir shocks. Correct length & travel.
    Many extra Hyperco (race quality) springs, go with sale.
    Roll center spacers added under front struts to knuckles.
    Z3 power steering (quicker ratio) rack.
    Quick disconnect steering hub, missing upper half.
    Genuine BMW cockpit adjustable front & rear sway bars. Missing cockpit cables & levers.
    Rear trailing arms with new bushings and cross bracing.
    Aluminum rear subframe mounts.

Custom metal built in (fully enclosed) race battery box. Mounted on aft right floor.
    SPA lightweight rearview mirror & 1 new spare.
    Genuine DTM side mirrors.
    Custom front splitter. Fully removable.
    Hole & brackets for ATL fuel cell, with fueling door on rear panel.
    Metal cage support for external rear wing.
    Front hood & rear decklid are fiberglass.
    Lower Ĺ of carbon air box.
    Setrab Oil cooler & Goodridge -10 lines.
    DTA Fast E48EXP (older) standalone engine management system, with Raychem Mil-Spec wiring & MS3320 circuit breakers. (Unfinished harness) Never installed or used. Also numerous Mil-Spec Deutche connectors & steering wheel mountable MS2011 push-buttons.
    Magnecor Ignition wire set.
    Numerous A/N fittings & lines. (Part of unfinished project from previous owner)

Don Fields
    MrMCar Inc.
    5144 W. Hurley Pond Rd.
    Farmingdale, NJ 07727
    www.mrmcar.com/

Don Fields
    MrMCar
    www.mrmcar.com

I cant see anything with black writing on the black background

Comment

REPOST
      The time has come for me to sell a shell I have here. It is a 12/1987 M3 that I bought from Andrew Taylor some 8 1/2 years ago, # 2197306.
      Many of you have seen this car in my old shop with a S38B36 (never ran) engine under the hood. I have no spare time to take on this project and hopefully can find the "right" person to sell it to. It has the beginnings of a fine race car, if you pick up where Mr. Taylor left off.
      Details can be found in the attachment.
      Photos can be found here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskqGvHLU

$10,500 for everything I have for this car, as I bought it from Andrew.

After a week, I'm likely to post it on Bring A Trailer.

Please DO NOT inundate me with phone calls. I will respond to all replies as they come in.
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

FOR SALE, 1988 M3 RACE SHELL
      WBSAK0307J2197306
      12/1987 Production M3 Race Prepped Shell

This car was bought for a project that never got off the ground. I have no time to start the project so it is offered up for sale. I would love nothing more than to see it go to an owner whom could bring the car to fruition with proper period correct parts. It should be quite the car if finished where the prior owner left off. It was purchased as shown from a gentleman going through a divorce some 9 years ago. The car has always been stored inside my shop. All the rust shown is very light (surface only) and would need minor work to clean up.

Full 10 point cage, with many extra reinforcement parts added on. Emulating a DTM cage of the period.
      Extras include: Triangulation to front & rear shock towers.
      Cross bar between reinforced rear shock towers.
      Double redundant reinforcement (with cross mount) to front shock towers.
      Cross dash bar with redundant tubes going behind front shock towers to front sub frame mount area.
      Front downtubes are tied into A pillars.
      Rear downtubes are tied into rear subframe mount points.

Willwood top hinged pedal box with biasing cable.
      AP 4 pot calipers front & new AP 2 pot calipers rear. All fixed (non-floating) mounting.
      Floating front discs. 330x28mm.
      Spare rebuild kits also on hand.
      1 brake & 1 clutch master cylinder missing.

Front Gruppe N coil-over Bilstein 300/300 struts with coil-over & tender springs.
      Ohlinís TT44 Rear Triple adjustable, external reservoir shocks. Correct length & travel.
      Many extra Hyperco (race quality) springs, go with sale.
      Roll center spacers added under front struts to knuckles.
      Z3 power steering (quicker ratio) rack.
      Quick disconnect steering hub, missing upper half.
      Genuine BMW cockpit adjustable front & rear sway bars. Missing cockpit cables & levers.
      Rear trailing arms with new bushings and cross bracing.
      Aluminum rear subframe mounts.

Custom metal built in (fully enclosed) race battery box. Mounted on aft right floor.
      SPA lightweight rearview mirror & 1 new spare.
      Genuine DTM side mirrors.
      Custom front splitter. Fully removable.
      Hole & brackets for ATL fuel cell, with fueling door on rear panel.
      Metal cage support for external rear wing.
      Front hood & rear decklid are fiberglass.
      Lower Ĺ of carbon air box.
      Setrab Oil cooler & Goodridge -10 lines.
      DTA Fast E48EXP (older) standalone engine management system, with Raychem Mil-Spec wiring & MS3320 circuit breakers. (Unfinished harness) Never installed or used. Also numerous Mil-Spec Deutche connectors & steering wheel mountable MS2011 push-buttons.
      Magnecor Ignition wire set.
      Numerous A/N fittings & lines. (Part of unfinished project from previous owner)

Don Fields
      MrMCar Inc.
      5144 W. Hurley Pond Rd.
      Farmingdale, NJ 07727
      www.mrmcar.com/
      Don Fields
      MrMCar
      www.mrmcar.com

Comment

Don, what model # are the rear AP calipers? I have the fronts that match those but I need to get some rears to match.

T

Comment

Honestly I'm not really sure. I do believe they're in boxes. I'll have to get into the car stored on top of a 4 post lift and look. Is this for your knowledge of a setup you're working on?
          Don Fields
          MrMCar
          www.mrmcar.com

Comment

Don't go digging until someone buys it. When you take it all down if you can see what the model # of the rear calipers are.

I have the full front setup from Bruce H, I just need to put together the tears to match with a balance bar.

T

Comment

Could you arrange delivery to the UK and do you have all relevant docs?

Comment

Obviously I would pay for the delivery

Comment

CLOSED Car is sold. Have a deposit. Thank you
                  Don Fields
                  MrMCar
                  www.mrmcar.com

Comment

Working...
                  X