Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Driver Quality E30 M3

Hello Everyone
    I am new to the site, and to be quite honest, the e30 M3 world in general. But what I can say is that I recently had the chance to drive an e30 M3, and since then I have not been able to get the experience out of my mind. With that said, I am looking for a good driver quality car that may need need some cosmetic work or minor mechanical fixes or refurb. My budget is around $30k. I live in northern California and I will have to contend with smog, so the more stock the vehicle, the better. I own some air cooled porsches so I trade or swap is also a possibility for the right car.
    Drop me a pm.
    Thanks
    J

My E30 will finally be up on Bring a Trailer in the next few days. Be on the lookout. It's an extremely well cared for and maintained driver example. She needs to go to a good home.

Comment

Hi, Jrex19,
      You just missed my northern CA smog passing Zinno E30 M3 which sold on BAT for $30K, and one week later another Zinno went for $A33.25K.
      Larry

Comment

Yes nsubre , it does appear that I am late to the party. Hopefully something will come my way.....

Comment

Hi, jrex19,
          Today I saw another Zinno posted on BAT, probably another $30K example. Go look.
          Larry

Comment

BAT seems to be another EAG, sure I would be selling my car there and not necessarily buying....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oliwer78 View Post
              BAT seems to be another EAG, sure I would be selling my car there and not necessarily buying....
              How so? The BaT listings mentioned are auctions, in theory the cars are going for precisely the market value.

Further, BaT has never set a price for a car as far as I know. Simply a community to share listings and conduct auctions.
              1988 Lachs - sold
              1988 DS - sold
              Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

May have something for you , will also be interested in an aircooled trade

Comment

Originally posted by Konig View Post

How so? The BaT listings mentioned are auctions, in theory the cars are going for precisely the market value.

Further, BaT has never set a price for a car as far as I know. Simply a community to share listings and conduct auctions.
                  Both places tend to Sell for more than every other place you can think of. I saw at least 4 cars on BaT to sell for more than what they were asked for on other websites for exact same car. Last one was swapped e34 which went for more than what the owner was asking for weeks or months earlier. EAG is another story on its own. Certainly both drive the prices way up.
                  Regardless, I admire the work of both.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oliwer78 View Post

Both places tend to Sell for more than every other place you can think of. I saw at least 4 cars on BaT to sell for more than what they were asked for on other websites for exact same car. Last one was swapped e34 which went for more than what the owner was asking for weeks or months earlier. EAG is another story on its own. Certainly both drive the prices way up.
                    Regardless, I admire the work of both.
                    Were these said M3s auctioned on BaT? If so, you know how auctions work right?

Comment

I see you really don't want to get my original point. So here we go again, If you want to sell a car, BaT is the place to go as they reach out to that certain audience who bid and spend more $$ than other places, based on my observations listed above. There is also a big chance that the bids reach out your minimum and the probability of finalize the transaction is higher than let's say ebay. Clear enough?

sigpic

Comment

as a repeat seller on BAT, I would rather sell on ebay. BAT isn't worth it IMO. As strictly an observer, I can see how you (oliwer78) might think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. but deals fall through all the time on there even after winning bids. Buyers decide to renegotiate pending PPIs, etc. etc. It's a risk selling a car there. Ebay much easier, if someone wants it they buy it for your price.

Comment

I lost track on this, sorrry. Correct, I am BaT observer and up to 6 times eBay successful seller. My personal luck with eBay is about 50%, but I consider myself lucky in that department.
                          I believe the percentage of sold cars between eBay and BaT would fall far way on the BaT side, and I am talking SOLD not successfully bid and won. I am also sorry that you have such a bad experience with BaT, which is not what I see within my community. I am hoping that the transactions you couldn't consummate after PPI weren't the outcome of PPI but just bid winners changing their minds for other reasons. Nevertheless, There is something in the format of BaT which makes the bid prices to be higher than anywhere else. Maybe their strictier policy or just that BaT team is more involved in the entire process than Ebay when it comes to the both parties background and subject product itself, offering savier transaction environment. Check how many times s14.net group calls out for cars sold at BaT, establishing new standards in e30M3 pricing, which is what EAG has somehow done for over the last few years, especially in higher sectors. And it is just one car model. I still stand that if I were to get maximum number for something presentable with legit history, BaT would be my first choice.
                          sigpic

Comment

What about cars/autotrader? I am considering selling mine later this year. I like the idea of sitting on it longer to sell it for a better price.

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

Originally posted by noro View Post
                              What about cars/autotrader? I am considering selling mine later this year. I like the idea of sitting on it longer to sell it for a better price.
                              Noric, I'm very interested - if you do decide to sell please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X