X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 on Boston Craigslist for $30k

I went and saw this car.
    https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/5973418876.html

The seller couldn't give me the VIN (or many details) over the pone and said I had to come see it. Despite my reservations I went anyway, out of curiosity.

When I asked about the obvious repairs that had been done to the rear quarter, the seller denied any knowledge of an accident and did not disclose that it had a salvage title.

When I got home I searched the VIN and found this.
    https://www.copart.com/lot/26506836
    The car was sold at auction 8 months ago as salvage, and has only traveled 370 miles since.

The car is not terrible. It drove well and the motor felt surprisingly strong for the mileage. It has a few small rust spots here and there that are manageable if dealt with immediately. It did have a hack-job aftermarket stereo and butchered door cards, The seller would not budge on the $30k asking price, I tried.

Just an FYI for buyers to beware

Shady that the seller would say that it's a clean title and also tells the potential buyer to "not ask too many questions." I would steer very far away from this car. Thanks for the heads up on the listing.

Comment

VIN for future search: WBSAK030XJ2197851
      1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
      1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
      1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

Typical Boston

Comment

Funny, I was going to say "hey, easy on the Boston guys. There are 10 of us with e30 M3s in the area. All great guys." Then I saw the post; it's Lynn not Boston.

Lynn, Lynn city of Sin; you never come out the way you go in.

Grew up up there back in the day....

Comment

Yes this seller originally had photos of the damage and the work that was put into it in his original CL ad, so it's funny he would deny any knowledge of an accident or salvage title. Yes, as above, the rest of the Boston M3 owners are a great group of guys.

Comment

Mario had mentioned the salvage title on SIG. It looks familiar but not sure of the vin. We had one that needed an engine out my way about 10 years back, it ended up in the scrap yard as ferrous oxide
              Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Saw this car parked on the street on Sunday. Looks like a well used car from a distance. Sad to see it out this time of year with the amount of salt on the New England roads.

Comment

I remember that car on Copart. You know we are these guys worst nightmare. They are working to flip these cars and make a quick buck. These are marketed to people who aren't as knowledgeable or concerned about accidents, titles, etc.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
                  85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
                  91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Is there a database of totaled cars? If not, I think it would be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Reelizmpro View Post
                      I remember that car on Copart. You know we are these guys worst nightmare. They are working to flip these cars and make a quick buck. These are marketed to people who aren't as knowledgeable or concerned about accidents, titles, etc.
                      But the E30 M3 is such a particular car, I would think only knowledgeable people would be interested in buying the car, though I suppose note everyone is as crazy about them as we are.

Comment

Working...
                      X