Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verde2002
    replied
    This car was on the Copart auction site a week ago with a buy it now price of $68,000.00 Google the vin and you will see this was a stripped out track car with full welded in roll cage. Instrument cluster was also changed and previous owner claimed a bit over 100k true miles. Google is your friend.

This post is regarding the white 53k mile car.

Here is the link.

https://www.copart.com/lot/41642637

Leave a comment:

• AWDBOB
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post
    Every car that seller has listed is a wreck repair or salvage,,, this guy is some kind of flipper.
    There is not one "no stories" car in his stable.
    The black M3 has 250+K miles on it, and a "rebuilt" engine,,, (my immediate question is by who haha),,, all the rebuild pictures show it sitting on what appears to be a blue tarp not and engine stand.
    Seems pretty dodgy
    The black M3 he's selling I watched on eBay last year- the item was taken down. Sold for just over $20K and the car was thrashed.

Edit: BAT is tracking it too and just posted an article on it!

https://bringatrailer.com/2017/08/24...e-1990-bmw-m3/

Leave a comment:

• jimmy p.
    replied
    Every car that seller has listed is a wreck repair or salvage,,, this guy is some kind of flipper.
    There is not one "no stories" car in his stable.
    The black M3 has 250+K miles on it, and a "rebuilt" engine,,, (my immediate question is by who haha),,, all the rebuild pictures show it sitting on what appears to be a blue tarp not and engine stand.
    Seems pretty dodgy

Leave a comment:

• b2finity
    replied
    His car is on eBay again.

I got excited at first but decided to do some digging which led me to the r3vlimited thread and the finally here. Buyer beware.

Leave a comment:

• mtuned
    replied
    something is not adding up.

Leave a comment:

• sgtskid
    replied
    Not the only M3 the seller has tried to sell.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-BMW-M3-...-/142301700731

His feedback is all positive and include a couple Ferrari's for $200k +

BTW, I am new here and this is my first post. I have been a long time follower of the forum but never signed up. I have been recently looking for a M3 (more serious than before) and I saw this post about the track car turned street car. I remember when that car was for sale in R3v! I figured I'd post up about the seller's other escapades so hopefully someone doesn't get burned.

Leave a comment:

• Shock(/\)ave
    replied
    That listing was attempted fraud, no doubt about it. The sad part is that if this car were honestly represented it would still sell for respectable money in today's market, but greed is a powerful emotion...

Leave a comment:

• HTM3
    replied
    Rear third light may also be due to regular e30 rear deck shelf is different than the m3 and he would have been stuck with a void there.

Leave a comment:

• ebox86
    replied
    yea thats an e30 interior for sure. Someone found a complete gray e30 sport interior and just swapped it right over. The most telling sign is the dual taillights in the rear. The whole point of them relocating the 3rd brake light to the top of the glass was because of the wing, yet genius whoever installed this didn't think anything of it and just moved the entire shelve over as is.

Leave a comment:

• M-technik-3
    replied
    Selling my E30 M3 which is in SUPER clean condition. Runs and drives beautifully. Engine pulls very strong and it works like new. It has been a CALIFORNIA car its whole life. RUST FREE.

Thinking that might be Will's old car, he moved out that way Mario or Chris can confirm that.

Leave a comment:

• ColinM
    replied
    Can it be reported to Ebay as fraudulent? Also, when you ask the seller a question does it automatically appear at the bottom of the ad, or can the seller choose to suppress the display of the question? If all questions are displayed, then once could ask the seller to explain the huge difference in odo reading and the incorrect interior, and why the car is being fraudulently represented.

Leave a comment:

• 168glhs1986
    replied
    What a damn shame...... I might use my "other " ebay account and win this auction

Should have left it a track car. AW and fully caged, what's not to love

Leave a comment:

• Mick
    replied
    I noticed that interior too, but not all those other clues. Good catch on the track car history. What a scam.

Leave a comment:

• AlpineM3
    replied
    Carfax shows "mileage inconsistency" recorded on 5/5/1998 with 53,397 mi.

Leave a comment:

• L James
    replied
    VIN: WBSAK0308J2197387 Ebay item: 142301700731
    For Future search

Leave a comment:

Working...
X