X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zwaylo
    started a topic FS - 1988 BMW M3 - Diamond Schwartz

FS - 1988 BMW M3 - Diamond Schwartz

For Sale I have my 1988 BMW M3 with an original 98,865 miles, Diamond Schwarz exterior, Black leather interior, a Production date of June 1987, and a Clear Ohio Title. This is originally a Texas car that made its way to the Midwest in August of 1998. I purchased the car in 2014 out of Louisville, KY and have used it as a three season weekend warrior since. The car has all the original panels and is rust free. The motor that is in the car is not the original VIN matching S14 motor, but I do have the original VIN matching motor that I will include with the car along with the engine stand that it is currently mounted on.

The car has been fantastic to own and drive. This is the 4th e30 M3 that I have had the pleasure of driving and it is by far the best driving and handling of the group. The car includes service records back to new including bill of sales or title transfers. There is also an entire binder of receipts and service records which outline the extensive work performed by the previous owner over the course of the last 5,000 miles which I have also summarized below. From a motor and chassis standpoint, this is practically a brand new car and drives like one as well. The only reason I am thinking of selling is because I travel heavily for work and just do not have the time to drive the car as much as it deserves. I am asking $45,000 Firm for the car.
    1. My Ownership
      • Under my 3 years of ownership, the car was serviced meticulously at Evan’s Auto Care in Blue Ash, OH. I have all my service records and the original vehicle inspection from purchase. I purchased the car with 98,285 miles and have put only 600 miles on the car.Items replaced under my ownership include the following:
        1. Brand new Yokohama S Drive Tires 205/55R15 installed at 98,828 miles
        2. Differential flush with fresh gaskets
        3. Coolant system flush
        4. Standard Oil Changes and tire rotations
      • Interior
        1. The interior of this car is practically flawless.I would give it a 9.5/10. The only issue at all is a 1” small tear in the vinyl pillar located directly behind the driver’s side seat belt. The leather has worn beautifully on the seats and has been treated twice a year under my ownership. I have swapped the original wheel for an Italvolanti Formel, but will include the original wheel with the car.
      • Exterior
        1. I believe that the car may have been repainted at some point, but I have no way of telling for sure. The paint and body is nice driver quality with normal chips on the front for the mileage. The plastic covers on the front cover are missing, but I have new OEM BMW replacements with the install clips that I will include with the purchase. There is one ding in the passenger side door and a couple small dings on the driver’s side rear quarter. I have taken pictures of these as well. Paint overall looks great for the age, but there is a little bit of clear coat peel around the license plate. I have also taken pictures of the VIN tags that I could remember the location.

Service History (All of the below items were installed within the last 5,000 miles by the previous owner. Everything replaced is OEM BMW unless otherwise specified. Virtually all hardware for these items were replaced with OEM BMW at the time of install. This can be seen in the printed service manual where every piece of hardware replaced has been highlighted.)
    • Engine – the previous owner spun the #3 rod bearing on the original motor early in his ownership.He decided to procure a second motor and sent it off to Metric Mechanic to receive the full 2500 Rally Package. The original VIN matching motor was removed and placed on an engine stand and is included with the car.

1. Metric Mechanic 2.5L - 2500 Rally Motor
      • The new motor was installed in 2008 when the chassis had 94,049 miles on it.Oil analysis was performed throughout the break in period by Blackstone Laboratories to ensure everything was wearing properly.
      • H beam rods
      • Rally cams
      • Ported and polished heads
      • Oil pan baffle
    2. RC engineering flow tested and cleaned injectors
    3. New spark plugs
    4. New rotor cap and cap
    5. Engine Bay
      1. Aluminum radiator
      2. Samco silicon hoses (Blue) with heater hose recall fix
      3. Stainless steel hose clamps
      4. Polyurethane alternator bushings
      5. New BMW thermostat
      6. Korman heavy duty Plunem bushing
      7. Setrab oil cooler
      8. Braided nylon hose oil cooler lines with AN fittings
      9. Magnecor ignition wires
      10. GSP low cross fire ignition wire bracket
      11. Wiring harness re-enforced with self-adhesive silicon tape
      12. New BMW motor mounts
      13. New heat shield
      14. New crank sensors
      15. Subframe reinforcements performed
    6. Drive Train
      1. Rogue engineering shifter
      2. Rogue carbon fiber shift knob
      3. Rogue weighted selector rod
      4. JB racing light weight flywheel
      5. Street clutch with un-sprung hub
      6. Rebuilt drive shaft (Driveline of Atlanta)
    7. Front Suspension
      1. Treehouse Racing control arm brackets/ bushings
      2. New steel control arms (no aluminum is not necessarily better)
      3. New tie rods
      4. Stock struts assemblies blasted and powder coated (gloss black)
        • Sway bar reinforcements performed
        • New upper strut bearings
        • New upper plates
        • New spring pads upper and lower (thicker pads used to reduce drop for better clearance on street)
        • New wheel bearings with ABS rings
        • New cup, collar nut, and cap
        • New dust covers
        • New HW
      5. Tie rod arms blasted and powdered coated to match struts
      6. Koni - TC Kline valved externally adjustable (12mm shafts) inserts
      7. Ireland Engineering race springs (spring rates similar to H&R, aggressive street not true race)
      8. Ireland Engineering fixed camber plates (adds 1.25 degree negative camber)
    8. Rear Suspension
      1. Koni - TC Kline valved externally adjustable (12mm shafts) shocks
      2. Ireland Engineering race springs
      3. New spring pads
      4. TC Kline rear shock mounts
    9. Interior
      1. Nakamichi CD-45z radio
      2. AIM MyCron3 XG Log data acquisition system (wired to ignition, professional install)
      3. Ram mounted display to windshield (removable with no assault to interior)
      4. Eyebolts in transmission tunnel for harnesses
    10. Exhaust
      1. Supersprint muffler welded to stock mid-pipe with cats
      2. Stock header
      3. Stage 8 locking hardware (better than stock copper nuts)
      4. A little bit of clear coat peel around the rear license plate
    11. Other Issues
      1. Slight chassis vibration on deceleration while in gear.Sounds like the muffler is vibrating on the apron.I am planning to take the car into the shop to get this fixed and the cruise control connected (Item 2) on my first appointment for the year, the third week of May
      2. Cruise control cable is disconnected.
      3. Windshield washers are not hooked up.Everything is there under the hood
      4. A/C is not hooked.All lines are there, compressor wasn’t re-installed when the motor was installed.
      5. Right Rear brake sensor is missing.As a result, the Brake lining light is on.
      6. Front brakes squeal.Pads are virtually new with 10MM left, but the shop said there is a light rust ring on the edge of the front rotors which is causing the squeal.
      7. A couple small dents on the body and some clear coat peel around the rear license plate.
    12. Additional Items Included with Car.
      • Parts
        1. Original 2.3 liter motor with spun rod bearings and the engine stand
        2. Original Stock Exhuast (mid-pipes)
        3. Original underbody metal shields
        4. Original plastic trim from the engine bay
        5. Original Steering Wheel
        6. OEM replacement bumper covers/inserts and hardware.
        7. Miscellaneous extra OEM hardware
        8. Original Caps for the wheels
    • Documentation
      1. Binder 1
        • printed torque values from the TIS system (used during assembly)
        • parts break down sheets with highlights of the replaced parts (replaced during assembly)
        • printed procedures of performed repairs
      2. Binder 2
        • Receipts substantiating the exhaustive dealer parts replaced
        • Receipts of aftermarket parts
        • Manuals or related documentation for aftermarket parts
        • Blackstone Laboratories oil analysis reports during break in of motor
      3. Folder with receipts of previous work done back to original owner
      4. Original AIM MyCron3 box and documentation/CD
      5. Original manual for radio
      6. Original Owner’s Handbook
      7. Original Supplementary Owner’s Handbook
      8. Printed Electrical Troubleshooting Manual
      9. BMW TIS system CD
      10. Koala Motorsport E30 M3 Repair Manual CD

1. HISTORY (From previous owner when I purchased it in late 2014)
      • The only modifications on the car when I bought it were a Bonneville Motorsport ECU chip, aluminum control arms, and an oil pan baffle.I spun the number 3 rod bearing years ago, procured a second motor and had it rebuilt as a 2.5 liter conversion.During the installation of the motor, hardware, bushings, hoses, and other rubber or plastic items were all replaced with dealer parts.Some modifications like flywheel, oil cooler, and shift kit were conveniently done while putting the car back together.I used a printed factory manual, a CD of the BMW TIS system, and Koala Motorsport E30 M3 Repair Manual for procedures and tightening torques.

Please message me if you are interested. My schedule is a hectic with traveling, but I will get back with you. I tried to be completely transparent with this write-up as I am a long time enthusiast. If there is any other information/pictures/questions that you have, please let me know.

• Zwaylo
    replied
    Sold!!

Leave a comment:

• Zwaylo
    replied
    Sale Pending

Leave a comment:

• Dussen
    replied
    To me it seems like you are priced to sell fast, especially with a MM 2500 engine build and the original engine included (even with a spun bearing).

GLWS!!

Leave a comment:

• Zwaylo
    replied
    Update. Just got the car back from the shop. The cruise control has been re-connected and the chassis noise is fixed (items 1 and 2 listed in my write-up). The muffler was contacting the apron as suspected. It has been adjusted and properly clearanced. I would update the original post, but I am not sure how to using my phone.

Leave a comment:

• Zwaylo
    replied
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. It will be sad to see it go for sure. As far as the value of an S14 these days, I could not say. I appreciate the interest in the wheel, but the Italvalonti will go with the car. It just suites it really well.

Leave a comment:

• kubatron
    replied
    Hello. Want to ask: what's an estimated value of that motor?

Leave a comment:

• 99M3Riverside
    replied
    Nice car, great add. GLWS

Leave a comment:

• 168glhs1986
    replied
    Great ad and GLWS. I would like to trade you steering wheels....my Mtech 2 brand new steering wheel + $300 cash.

MIke

Leave a comment:

• jimmy p.
    replied
    Great Ad.
    Nice car.
    GLWS.
    From the looks of everything someone will be getting a great car.

Leave a comment:

• nickn3
    replied
    Originally posted by Konig View Post
    First time in a while I've seen an M3 at a price that seemed rational. Looks like a great car for someone, good luck!
    Liking the price with the original motor, agree that this will make a great car for someone. Presented well, good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Konig
    replied
    First time in a while I've seen an M3 at a price that seemed rational. Looks like a great car for someone, good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Crank
    replied
    Great ad, and a nice M3. Good luck with the sale, I'm sure you will miss the car!

Leave a comment:

• Zwaylo
    replied
    More Pictures

Leave a comment:

Working...
X