Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: 1988 E30 M3 Zinno/ Black Only 79k. One Owner. Recent Respray.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 1988 E30 M3 Zinno/ Black Only 79k. One Owner. Recent Respray.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...3M?usp=sharing

This 1988 model, reads 79,221 miles, was originally purchased in Madison Wisconsin by a Dentist brand new. It came to Pennsylvania 6 Years ago where it was fully repainted in its original color, Zinno Berrot Red. The straight body retains its factory panels with all vin tags intact. This E30 M3 comes with its factory wheels and tires as well as springs. This rare car has been freshly serviced, PA inspected and is well sorted. The car currently sits in H&R Race Springs and New Bilstein Shocks. The control arms have recently been replaced as well as sway bar end links. I have the car serviced at the BMW dealer every year but I haven't been driving the car and its time to add it to another collection.

Price $72k

Please call me at 814-574-1594. I have a Carfax Report and receipts available upon request.
    :

So your second owner?

Comment

I am the second owner, but the car was always in my dealerships name so the vehicle has only been titled once. The next owner will be legal second owner on paper.
      :

Comment

Price is also OBO
        :

Comment

Car is Gorgeous!! Does have the incorrect windshield gasket though, not sure if that could be a potential issue. GLWS
          sigpic

Comment

I believe all the glass is original from BMW
            :

Comment

The car goes to a collector car auction next week. What do you guys think my reserve should be? I wanted to offer the car here first. Let me know what your guys think
              :

Comment

Reserve pricing is a personal preference. At what point will it not make sense for you to sell the car. Only you can answer this question. Don't have overblown hopes by looking at cars listed on enthusiast auto... Classic car market is softening. Also, bringatrailer.com at the moment seems like a good place to sell cars like this one. Just wait a bit because there is one listed there now ending in a day.

If I was buying this car, I think 55K would be my max. Don't let me though sway you from your numbers.. I am just one data point.

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

Thank you very much for your help.

--Colin
                  :

Comment

Price drop to $62k
                    :

Comment

How were all the VIN tags preserved if the car was repainted? An 80k mile original car might fetch in the $50s, so I don't think your ~$70k price is realistic after a respray. Was this a bare shell respray, or an Earl Scheib half-assed masking tape on the windows and around the trim and 30-grit sandpaper job?

Wrong window gasket, wrong spark plug tool, damaged dash, minus $20k.
                      Last edited by Brandon; 07-11-2017, 02:34 AM.
                      Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton
                      1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
                      2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

Register your E30 M3!
                      http://www.bmwmregistry.com

Comment

The price to paint the car was $10k. The car shows well, it was not a bare shell respray because I wanted to preserve the vins and didn't want to damage trim that could not be replaced. I appreciate the input and the car has be dropped to $62k. I don't think a window gasket dash and a spark plug tool mean $20k less.I have a dash that is in beautiful condition that I can include with the car.
                        :

Comment

An original paint 98k mile red car recently listed and sold in the lower $50's range. It was a former EAG car in good shape overall with light mods. Original paint still carries a premium. Based on this I would think your valuation is too high even with the lower mileage. There is a 43k mile original Henna which has sat just above $70k for months. The bottom of the market seems ok but the middle / top is tough to get a handle on.

Comment

That was a pretty clean car, I guess I just always wonder if people would rather have new paint and no replacement panels or a car with a Dot R fender. I wouldn't call that no paint work car then because they had to blend the fender some how.
                            :

Comment

Originally posted by Csmitho777 View Post
                              The price to paint the car was $10k. The car shows well, it was not a bare shell respray because I wanted to preserve the vins and didn't want to damage trim that could not be replaced. I appreciate the input and the car has be dropped to $62k. I don't think a window gasket dash and a spark plug tool mean $20k less.I have a dash that is in beautiful condition that I can include with the car.
                              Unless we're talking a classic Ferrari, what it cost to paint/restore is nearly meaningless because that's a sunk cost. You can spend $100k on the perfect restoration of a $30k car and never get more than $30k for it if that's where the market is on that particular car.

Folks look at things like an incorrect windshield gasket and wonder what else was half-assed. The wrong gasket on an M3 is pretty impossible to do for any mechanic with more than 1 synapse firing in his head. A basic minimum amount of research will tell anyone which spark plug tool is correct. That's another red flag that tells potential buyers the car hasn't been paid the proper attention. For a beater, these items don't really mean anything, but if you have the balls to ask a premium for a car far above the current market, it had better be 110% clean and proper. That's the only way EAG gets away with that they do. Their cars are squared away to justify their premium to the top of the market buyers.
                              Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton
                              1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
                              2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

Register your E30 M3!
                              http://www.bmwmregistry.com

Comment

Working...
                              X