Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 M3 - Sport Evolution Tribute - $40,000 OBO - Delaware

Good Afternoon !

After many years it's time to part company with a spectacular example of an M3. I invite you to look at the two links below for greater details.

The M3 registry link shows some of the history of the M3 with it's prior owner. Shortly after shipping the M3 from Washington to Delaware the motor developed a leaking head gasket. Investigation showed the head bolts had tri-radial cracks and a new Evo III block was sourced from Jack Money at Elephant Motorsports. Selected photos of the rebuild by European Motorsports in Wilmington are shown at the bottom of the Google Photos link..

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=365

The first three images are a flyer that gives a recent summary of the car. I need to update it to reflect a few changes. In particular the front splitter is cracked but will be repaired prior to sale. The reset of the photos detail the condition of the car. As you can see, the paint is in remarkable condition in part due to a high quality respray in 2003 by the PO.

It has ~145K miles and about ~5K on the engine rebuild.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pbbsZs9agxmptA4E3

Further history of this M3 can be found by searching this forum for DonPippins.

If you want to talk about this in more detail you can reach me at Don@Pippins.Info. I'll watch the site for feedback but the best way to contact me will be by e-mail.

Best Regards,
    Don

Wow, that car looks incredible and it will find a new home very quickly at that price.

I didn't study everything you provided, but did you state the mileage?
    1988 Lachs - sold
    1988 DS - sold
    Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Very interested. Email sent!

Comment

Email sent too.

Comment

Very nice car good luck with the sale!

Comment

It's worth noting this was old S14 member Mike Swale's car.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
            85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
            91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Just an update from my original posting... The shop in Wilmington Delaware is European Performance... not European Motorsports

Comment

I'm sorry to announce to everyone that has contacted me that the M3 is sold. A local acquaintance offered me more than my asking price with few questions asked. He is familiar with the car and will give me a certified check on Tuesday. My apologies that this didn't work for those folks I spoke to.

There was much greater interest than I anticipated.!!!

Best regards,
                Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonPippins View Post
                  I'm sorry to announce to everyone that has contacted me that the M3 is sold. A local acquaintance offered me more than my asking price with few questions asked. He is familiar with the car and will give me a certified check on Tuesday. My apologies that this didn't work for those folks I spoke to.

There was much greater interest than I anticipated.!!!

Best regards,
                  Don
                  Congrats on the easy sale, please make sure he joins the forum!
                  1988 Lachs - sold
                  1988 DS - sold
                  Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

No surprise here ó excellent car with a known and searchable history of upgrades. Really nice example - I figured it would be sold in 24 hrs or less above asking price.

Comment

Originally posted by Konig View Post

Congrats on the easy sale, please make sure he joins the forum!
                      Konig,

I'm already here and can't wait to get the new girl home.

Thanks Don!

Comment

My M3 spent quite a bit of time next to this one back during Mike Swale's ownership. Beautiful car and great memories.

congrats on quick sale!

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
                        97 Porsche Carrera S
                        13 Audi S6
                        SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
                        GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

Great job Jay! Thatís a very well known and well kept M3

Comment

Congrats looks like a really nice car!

Comment

Working...
                            X