• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Konig
    replied
    Originally posted by robjet320 View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys

I’m only advertising on here at the moment, because I want the car to go to someone who knows what it is, and will appreciate it.

Pricewise I have pitched it at the top of what I have seen them sell for, granted this car is a lot higher mileage. However everything has been renewed, it’s too much to list on here which is why I invite any prospective buyers to reach out and I’ll send over the complete list of work and photographic evidence.

Because the the car is in the UK I’m a bit unsure about BAT. Does the buyer have to arrange collection and shipping or is the onus on you the seller? What kind of fees are involved for the seller? Lastly, how bouyant is the E30 M3 market in the USA at the moment?!

Thanks

Rob
    Seller pays a whopping $99 on BaT, that’s it. Buyer pays 5% to BaT (up to a maximum of $5k) and is responsible for collecting the car themselves.

I’m not sure what is meant by buoyant? Evo cars are rare here, so you would be selling to a collector. Prices for original, collector-grade cars seem robustly high.

Leave a comment:

• robjet320
    replied
    Thanks for the responses guys

I’m only advertising on here at the moment, because I want the car to go to someone who knows what it is, and will appreciate it.

Pricewise I have pitched it at the top of what I have seen them sell for, granted this car is a lot higher mileage. However everything has been renewed, it’s too much to list on here which is why I invite any prospective buyers to reach out and I’ll send over the complete list of work and photographic evidence.

Because the the car is in the UK I’m a bit unsure about BAT. Does the buyer have to arrange collection and shipping or is the onus on you the seller? What kind of fees are involved for the seller? Lastly, how bouyant is the E30 M3 market in the USA at the moment?!

Thanks

Rob

Leave a comment:

• babraham
    replied
    Originally posted by robjet320 View Post
    Bumping this up

I’ve had no offers or interest, so looking for feedback...

Is it too expensive or not desireable or wrong location?

Rob
    First off, absolutely beautiful car. I also followed the resto and would trust your claim about its condition and drive-ability.

As a comparison, I recently (about 4 months ago) purchased an Evo 2 from the UK and had it shipped to the US.
    It has 35k miles, records going back to 1992, manuals/receipts/etc.
    My all-in purchase price (car, ocean freight, taxes, duty, brokerage fees, etc) was about $20k below your current asking.
    That said, I think I got a good deal on the car price (at least that is what I tell myself! )...there are a couple Evo 2 for sale here in the US that are equal or higher than your current ask. Stable LTD has a 73k mile one for sale at $129k. And EAG has sold 1 or 2 of them at prices higher than your price as well.

I agree about putting it on BAT, I'd be interested to see where it would go in an auction format.
    Good luck with your sale!

Leave a comment:

• Konig
    replied
    Have you advertised it elsewhere, or just here on the forum?

If it's just here on the forum, some factors that may be at play:
    - (in my observation) most of the active members here are US-based
    - many of the active members here already have their cars, and have had them since before the price run-up, so the current market is out of reach
    - active members are more of the DIY / modification crowd, so a car whose value is based in its originality and cleanliness is appreciated but perhaps not of interest for purchase here
    - the forum simply isn't that active anymore. Much of the action has migrated to Facebook, particularly the "S14.net Officialest" page

I am US-based myself, so for full disclosure I have no idea what the current market is for Evo and the cool variant cars. Your price seems "premium" for the mileage, and at that asking price, if I were a potential buyer, I'd want to see a thorough write-up of all information and a huge suite of photos to prove the quality of the refurb and current condition.

In theory you are collecting, documenting, and photographing all of that information anyway to share with the buyers who reach out to you - I am of the mind to simply share it in the initial post, unless you have a specific privacy concern. I believe it would drive more interest and leads.

Hopefully this feedback is helpful - coming from someone who is not a potential buyer - and only because you asked!

Leave a comment:

• LboogieG12
    replied
    Beautiful car. I would say, try BaT. You will definitely get top dollar for it. GLWS!

Leave a comment:

• robjet320
    replied
    Bumping this up

I’ve had no offers or interest, so looking for feedback...

Is it too expensive or not desireable or wrong location?

Rob

Leave a comment:

• robjet320
    replied
    Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the kind words, it will be a wrench to let it go.

I think it’s the best (driveable) Evo 2 in the world, a big claim, but there is nothing on this car that hasn’t been refurbished or replaced.

So I’m asking top money for the car. Any inspection welcome, happy to organise in the UK for a foreign buyer.

I also travel to NYC regularly so could meet a prospective buyer in person there.

There is is a detailed build guide in the project cars section of s14power.com but I think you need to be a member to view the forum.

Leave a comment:

• jimmy p.
    replied
    This is my favorite E30M3 variant ever. My grail car (well other than a Gruppe A version).
    I wish you best of luck with the sale. I remember following your resto which was fantastic.
    Its got to be hard to part with this.

Leave a comment:

• robjet320
    replied

Leave a comment:

• robjet320
    started a topic Evo 2

Evo 2

Evo 2 number 190/500

Misano Red
    5 owners
    210,000 kms with history
    Original Euro spec, no modifications
    All manuals and invoices
    Total documented restoration between 2012-2016
    $40000 in itemised receipts
    Sport Evo parts, 2 spare wheels, brand new spare exhaust back box, cover craft indoor cover, original Evo sales brochure etc. all included.

Car is located in England near London

$130,000 firm

Contact me for more details and photos
Working...
X