Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silver E30 M3 on Craiglist ` - No relation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Silver E30 M3 on Craiglist ` - No relation

    https://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/c...736059878.html
    sigpic

  • #2
    Is it because of poor lighting or the passenger door and right rear quarter panel look pushed in?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SlideM3 View Post
      Is it because of poor lighting or the passenger door and right rear quarter panel look pushed in?
      Def looks like damage that wasn't fixed properly on both panels.
      Ron ///Man

      • '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
      • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
      • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
      • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
      • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
      • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
      • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
      • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
      • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
      • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm


      Comment


      • #4
        It seems it doesn't have a passenger side lock either.
        Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

        Comment


        • #5
          Shoddy bodywork or shoddy photoshop work, one or the other.

          Price is "low" for the stated condition and mileage, there must be more to the story.
          1988 Lachs
          1988 DS - sold
          Bay Area M3 FB group

          Comment


          • #6
            WBSAK0309J2198036

            This seemed to sell on eBay last week for $55k but read the buyer's feedback about condition. Google shows this was a Guam and/or HI car at one point so it would be hard to put lots of miles on. It was shipped and listed as an Evo - could that be right?

            https://www.zauba.com/USA-import-i+b...y-GU-data.html

            Then there was a rolling shell project with no drivetrain that just went for $27k on eBay.

            Comment


            • #7
              Nice digging. Here are some relevant items from that VIN. not in the M3 registry, unfortunately.

              Post on S14 from a previous owner ('Jay,' or 'autoxer') interested in Alpha-N: link
              eBay auction where it 'sold' for 55: link
              re-listed auction claiming first buyer didn't pay, and ended by seller at 10: link
              eBay seller's feedback: link

              Second auction includes slightly more information from seller. Says that the car was in Idaho and Texas, and is now in Florida. However, the first 55k auction had the item location as Corpus Cristi, TX. And now it's on Craigslist in NYC. So... what's the deal?
              1988 Lachs
              1988 DS - sold
              Bay Area M3 FB group

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks, those links help. So the seller's negative feedback was actually for a Mercedes Benz they also 'sold'. This M3 has a U.S. sticker and it's definitely not an Evo - according to BMW Registry the Evo I's had vins from 2190283 through 2190787. Recovered seats for a 30 year old car could be fine but at the stated mileage it raises more questions. Cruise control is missing - was it optional? Fuel return hose from the FPR is not factory and looks kinked. Might be a nice car, just overpriced with the wear and tear IMO.

                Comment


                • #9
                  car is a scam with odo change and major damage stay away
                  95' Avus Blue M3

                  06' Black Cayman S

                  07' Raven Black Escalade

                  Member of the Amber Corner Club

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ethirtym View Post
                    WBSAK0309J2198036


                    Then there was a rolling shell project with no drivetrain that just went for $27k on eBay.
                    If you're referring to the white car that was in pieces, the car sold outside of ebay via a CL ad and the auction was run up and the "winning bid" canceled. It did not sell for $27k.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sgtskid View Post

                      If you're referring to the white car that was in pieces, the car sold outside of ebay via a CL ad and the auction was run up and the "winning bid" canceled. It did not sell for $27k.
                      I have my doubts it get completed and crazy price. EBay does allow cancelling of auto auctions due to local sale.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ethirtym View Post

                        I have my doubts it get completed and crazy price. EBay does allow cancelling of auto auctions due to local sale.
                        Well that sucks, I bid until 27k and someone I figured needed that car more than me (bid closed at 27.1k). I personally suspect I was "bidding against" another party that wanted a higher price. So any idea how much it "sold" for on craigslist? Sounds like owner wanted to see how much he could fetch?
                        1976 s50 2002 Inka
                        1991 M3 s54 6spd (numbers s14 & tranny in timeout)
                        1991 325i 54k orig miles
                        1991 325ix s50 6spd
                        2000 MCoupe' Estriol
                        2007 530xi 6 spd

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sassen View Post

                          Well that sucks, I bid until 27k and someone I figured needed that car more than me (bid closed at 27.1k). I personally suspect I was "bidding against" another party that wanted a higher price. So any idea how much it "sold" for on craigslist? Sounds like owner wanted to see how much he could fetch?

                          Notice the date of the post. The auction ended on the 28th.
                          The new owner wouldn't tell me how much he paid but he did say it was less than the ebay auction.
                          I have a feeling once the car sold off CL someone bid the car up way high to make sure no one else would win and then the seller just canceled the bid after the auction closed. No proof but a strong feeling.

                          I also bid on this car and was in communication with the seller. Shortly before the post was made in R3V the seller stopped responding. The same seller has an s14 listed in Chicago CL.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by sgtskid View Post


                            Notice the date of the post. The auction ended on the 28th.
                            The new owner wouldn't tell me how much he paid but he did say it was less than the ebay auction.
                            I have a feeling once the car sold off CL someone bid the car up way high to make sure no one else would win and then the seller just canceled the bid after the auction closed. No proof but a strong feeling.

                            I also bid on this car and was in communication with the seller. Shortly before the post was made in R3V the seller stopped responding. The same seller has an s14 listed in Chicago CL.
                            Wow, just wow, I don't even know what to say, I had my suspicion. OMG so we were bidding on a car that long left the scene, too funny. Thanks for this info, its great closure so to speak.
                            1976 s50 2002 Inka
                            1991 M3 s54 6spd (numbers s14 & tranny in timeout)
                            1991 325i 54k orig miles
                            1991 325ix s50 6spd
                            2000 MCoupe' Estriol
                            2007 530xi 6 spd

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I stopped bidding at $16500 and was waiting closer to the end of the auction to bid again. Then I saw the post.

                              I'm all for being out bid or a seller having the right to do what they want. At the end of the day it's their car but, at least don't be shady about it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X