No announcement yet.

Silver E30 M3 on Craiglist ` - No relation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes the best deals are the ones you don't make. Even if they just painted that car white and undercoated it there's a good amount of rust on the unpainted parts and you're putting faith in that seller's work. A non-running but complete one owner car, together with drivetrain may have sold here today for less so keep looking and good luck!

Comment

• Sassen
      Sassen commented
      Editing a comment
      And the fact that the car was painted is what I was mainly going for. True story< bought one car once with a great paint job, boy did I have to undo and correctly repair the car. Lol, wonder what happened to the silver one in LA was listed for 22K and then 18.5k, I went to see that one personally too, boy the rust, omg, sellers should be straight up about their cars. I told him the should take the first 10K he gets. Bondo everywhere, rust to the firewall, rad support mangled, previous damage obvious, obviously raced, and no drive train, I told him I knew it's an M3, but there are limits for heavens sakes.

I drove this car earlier in the summer and walked away at $20k this summer from the guy who brought it back from Guam (not the ebay seller). Rust, rear seat/trunk metal is all cut out, mileage unknown, tracked for years in Guam... NO its not an EVO, the sunroof was welded in. The hack partial respray was done in a lighter silver. It was tempting as a track rat but as a perfectionist, I knew I'd be in for an extreme restoration on a crazy history car that would never never be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by fronton View Post
      I drove this car earlier in the summer and walked away at $20k this summer from the guy who brought it back from Guam (not the ebay seller). Rust, rear seat/trunk metal is all cut out, mileage unknown, tracked for years in Guam... NO its not an EVO, the sunroof was welded in. The hack partial respray was done in a lighter silver. It was tempting as a track rat but as a perfectionist, I knew I'd be in for an extreme restoration on a crazy history car that would never never be worth it.
      Good feedback, thanks for sharing. You walked away at $20k and this person is asking $54,900?! I don't even know what to say anymore with the prices of these cars.
      1988 Lachs - sold
      1988 DS - sold
      Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

I contacted the seller on ebay, he claim it's a original non-sunroof car?
        strange, personally I have never seen a us spec e30 m3 with no sunroof,
        when you see the car, how was the headliner look?
        thanks in advance.

Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by ae86itb View Post
          I contacted the seller on ebay, he claim it's a original non-sunroof car?
          strange, personally I have never seen a us spec e30 m3 with no sunroof,
          when you see the car, how was the headliner look?
          thanks in advance.

Jimmy

Ha. There was no US spec without a sunroof, only the 1991 318is (I have one). Headliner appears to have been replaced or reused, have him send you a pic if you are serious about purchase. Then image search the pic you get to see if he stole the pic from another car.

Comment

Ha, it's been for sale in three corners of the states in 30 days! Interior was NOT redone a year ago, two months ago it was trashed tan. This is the most deceitful flip I've seen since vintage Vlad.

Comment

Craziness, it currently sits at $38,300 with 4 bidders above $38k.

Comment

thanks, that's what I thought.
                btw I have a 1991 318is with slicktop too.

Ha. There was no US spec without a sunroof, only the 1991 318is (I have one). Headliner appears to have been replaced or reused, have him send you a pic if you are serious about purchase. Then image search the pic you get to see if he stole the pic from another car.

Comment

Working...
                X