This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 AW/Natur M3 $35k

1989 AW/Natur 189k miles. Mostly original paint in decent condition. I bought it off Jay Rouse on here. He’s owned quite a few of these over quite a few years. He was under the impression it was all original paint, as was turner motorsports who did a ppi for him in 2016 at 177k miles. I now know that at least the front bumper has been painted (dot-r), every other original vin number is present. I also think the passenger side quarter panel could have been resprayed at some point. No accidents on carfax, and it’s very hard to tell if it has been.

Documented $20k in improvements in the last 25k miles including a full Turner 2.5 rebuild done by Turner. Timing components, oil pump, clutch and Evo flywheel were part of the rebuild. All wear items under the hood were replaced at the same time. Radiator, hoses, thermostat, fan clutch, etc.

Suspension done with H+R Sport Springs and Billie Sports. ST suspension 22mm+19mm sway bars with reinforcements.

All bushings have been replaced. Brakes are done with stock rotors and Metal Master Street pads. Front seats redone with German vinyl in stock color, rear seats is fine with no split seams.

The car is a great driver quality car with original paint but has some under body rust penetration from being in the midwest part of it's life. I purchased it in 2017 and have enjoyed it the last 3 summers, putting on almost 12,000 miles. My idea was to enjoy it as-is and handle the rust properly one day when I was ready to paint the whole car.

PPI done by Turner in 2016 at 177k miles is available and can be shared. Also open to new PPI at buyers expense.

Compression and leakdown at the time were:

Cyl 1- 250psi 6%

Cyl 2- 251psi 5%

Cyl 3- 250psi 5%

Cyl 4- 250psi 5%

Issues found were:

P/S hoses seeping. I've never added fluid and haven't noticed any drips from it in my garage.

A/C compressor bushings worn

Brake fluid 4% H2O

Light seepage from rear tranny seals. I do notice a few drips from this.

Rear alignment likely toe'd out. - this was thought due to wear on tires, since putting on new wheels/tires I don’t notice any uneven wear. There were originally used wheels/tires off an e34 on it when I bought it.

Paint on rear spoiler craked.

Paint damage to RR quarter in front of wheelwell.

Surface rust at base of windshield.

Small rust penetration on floor.

I’ve mainly just had to do oil changes during my ownership (motul 300v), changed the voltage regulator, refinished a set of stock wheels and put those on with new Dunlop direzza tires. Probably a couple of other little things. I also swapped the exhaust which was leaking with a different used one. The piping is in good shape the whole way back, but for whatever reason started to rust where it goes into the muffler and sounds like it’s leaking there. If I were to keep it, changing the muffler would be on my list. The windshield also had a chip in it, that I stupidly pressed on and caused a small crack. I have a brand new OEM windshield with all gaskets/rubber trim necessary to go with the car for the next owner. I never installed it as I wasn’t ready to address the rust. I pulled out the A/C compressor as I was going to have it rebuilt and get the system charged up. Supposedly it was working and never recharged after the engine was rebuilt. All components are there. I also coated the rust underneath with por-15. I’ve saved all my receipts, but haven’t put everything in a fancy spreadsheet like I was thinking of doing. Just took some pictures the other night, exactly how it sits. If it doesn’t sell I’ll probably clean it up in the spring and do a real photoshoot. I have no problem holding on to it, but I’m looking into buying a house and could use some extra cash.

you can reach me on here or [email protected]. I can also forward more pictures, ppi, maintenance records, etc.

thanks,
    Jason

Some recent pictures

Comment

Trying that again
      Attached Files

Comment

Well I have a bunch more that I can’t seem to attach... probably best to email me

Comment

car is also on facebook marketplace. lots of pics there.
          75 M2 Zinno
          88 M3 Henna

Comment

Great well preserved M3 for someone who wants to buy an E30M3 to drive.
            Lots of life and fun left in that car.
            Good luck with your sale.
            jimmy p.
            87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
            88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
            88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
            92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
            98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
            04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Sent you an email. Hope this is still available.

Comment

Car was sold. Guess I never updated this. I was wondering why I started getting emails about it again over the last couple days.

Comment

Working...
                X