Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

WTB: E30 m3. Something to drive. No major stipulations. Around a 40k USD budget.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: E30 m3. Something to drive. No major stipulations. Around a 40k USD budget.

Hey all,
    Looking for an e30 and getting ready to pull the trigger. I know 40(ish) isn't going to buy me something perfect or even close to it, but want something that I will be able to drive as I fix/modify things. The car will be hopefully a forever car. I'm 6.5 years into e36 m3 ownership and understand what these cars entail with the knowledge that the s14 is a totally different beast than the NA spec S52 motor. My first car was an E30 325 18 years ago, and I have driven modded/enthusiast cars since then.
    I would really prefer an s14 car but will consider s50/52 swaps as long as they are done very well, with OEM standards for finishing. Modded cars are totally fine. Rebuilt titles are considered but A) must be properly documented and/or have a clear pass on a PPI and B) can not be flood related as we are not allowed to re-register flood related salvage cars. Long term owners are held in extremely high regard to me, but I will consider any amount of owners/ ownership lengths on a car.

List of things that are important to me:
    Reliable runner
    no serious structural rust
    No stripped race/track cars that can not easily be returned to street cars (cages, fuel cells, major weight reduction, etc)
    Not worried about:
    milage
    interior condition
    minor to medium paint defects
    looming maintenance like tires, suspension, bushings, etc.
    colour combinations
    Dot-R panels
    Year of manufacture

I'm located in Vancouver, B.C. Canada, but willing to either travel or ship cars.

Thanks for reading, you can get ahold of me quickly at
    [email protected]

Chris

You should be able to find a nice drivers car for $40k. Have you seen this one in Kirkland, WA?
    https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ct...051194589.html

Comment

• Westopher
      Westopher commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the heads up! I'm contacted the seller last week about it and just waiting on some more details and underbody shots but the guy I was dealing with it is away for the week. The looking out is appreciated!

I’m selling one that’s fits most of your description.
    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/atq...057883830.html
    91 DS M3
    97 Estoril M3/4/5
    02 Japanrot 325iT

Comment

Big difference in e36 to e30, in my opinion. Did you find something?
      Have a nice day. :hi:

Comment

Have you considered the one on the island with the alpinas?

Good luck on your search and I hope another e30 m3 finds its way to BC to cruise with

Comment

Thanks guys.
          I have a deposit down on one. If anything goes sideways I'll post up in here and restart the search but seems like a done deal!
          I did consider the one on the island, but I'm coming in about 12k less than it for in my opinion what SEEMS to be better example mechanically, with all the maintenance done to it, although what I'm betting is a bit worse cosmetically.

Comment

Originally posted by Westopher View Post
            Thanks guys.
            I have a deposit down on one. If anything goes sideways I'll post up in here and restart the search but seems like a done deal!
            I did consider the one on the island, but I'm coming in about 12k less than it for in my opinion what SEEMS to be better example mechanically, with all the maintenance done to it, although what I'm betting is a bit worse cosmetically.
            Great news! What colour? If you need any help with the car in the future let me know, I'll be happy to share. I have a full set of shims to do the valve adjustment and a bunch of other stuff to help with the engine work. I'm getting Jake's timing kit too if you are wanting to time cams.

Comment

Working...
            X