Clear All

• BNewt02
    replied
    Sold. Please close post. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• BNewt02
    started a topic FS - 1988 M3 - Zinnoberrot/Tan - 94,600 miles

FS - 1988 M3 - Zinnoberrot/Tan - 94,600 miles

I definitely hate to get rid of this car as it has been an absolute joy to own, but the time has come to pass on it to another owner. For sale is a stock M3 with the following details. Please reach out to me with any questions.

Basics:

·1988 BMW M3
    ·Zinnoberrot/Tan interior
    ·VIN# WBSAK03042197800
    ·94,600 miles
    ·Purchased in June 2007 with 88,000 miles. I am the 3rd owner of the vehicle.

Price: $65,000

Condition:

·Exterior:
    o Clean exterior with no rust
    o Paint re-touched on front/rear bumper and side runners (to correct some sun discoloration and dings in the plastic from use) and right rear window sill (small scratch from previous ownership developed into a pen cap sized surface rust spot).
    ·Interior:
    o Clean interior with some use evident in the front leather seats (BMW seat covers used for the duration of my ownership)
    § Modifications from stock:
    ·Replaced pedal covers
    ·Replaced shift knob boot
    ·Radio: The stock radio head unit died, so I replaced the system with a Pioneer head unit, Pioneer speakers (same size as stock to maintain stock look) and MTX amp in the trunk. I’ll admit that the replacement was wholly unnecessary as I’d generally rather listen to the s14.

Operation and Storage:

·Used for occasional weekend driving throughout my ownership and has never been tracked.
    ·Garaged for entirety of my ownership and is currently located in Milan, Indiana.
    ·Note that after shipping to Indiana in 2010, I allowed the New York State registration to lapse as the car has been stored at a storage facility near my father's home (I moved to NYC, and this car has no place in the city).

Maintenance:

·Maintenance records available
    ·Maintenance during my ownership:
    ·94,600 miles: Valve adjustment and general inspection by Don Fields at MrMCar
    ·Self-performed maintenance:
    o Fluid replacement
    § Differential fluid -> Royal Purple
    § Transmission fluid -> Redline MT-90
    § Power Steering fluid -> Royal Purple
    § Oil -> Redline 10W-30
    o Brake system maintenance
    § Brake fluid flush
    § Brake rotors/pad replacement
    § Brake fluid secondary reservoir replacement (correct leak)
    o Front shock replacement (Bilstein B4 OE)

Notes:

·Air conditioning system is intact, but has not been operated (ie. AC belt not installed) since before the previous owner purchased the vehicle. I cannot attest to the operability of the system, but my assumption is that the first owner removed the belt for performance purposes.
Working...
X