X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS 1988 M3 Alpine White

POSTING FOR A FRIEND

Up for sale is my 1988 BMW M3 WBSAK0305J2196199 I purchased this in 1999 with approx 123,000 miles on it. I purchased the car from a technician at Concours BMW in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Now Umanksy BMW) who got the car after it was left at the dealer for unknown reason. The car was originally purchased through Concours and looks to have been a European delivery. The car has always been garage kept and never has seen snow during my ownership. The car appears to have spent time in Florida and Wisconsin with the original owner. I beileve I am the third owner of the car.

The vehicle was dealer maintained up to my ownership. I resprayed the left side of the car and rear wing in 2000, as well as adjusted the left front fender to match the body lines. The right side of the car still wears its original alpine white finish. During that time I replaced the muffler, clutch and Bilstein Sport sport shocks with all associated mounts and hardware. Preventively in 2003, I had the S14 rebuilt by Jenn Morgan at The Little Car Shop in Milwaukee Wisconsin. The rebuild included rings, rod bearings, timing chains and guides and tensioners with the oil pump chain. The head was pressure tested and checked and no valves were needed and were within spec. Also replaced all hoses and belts, starter, radiator thermostat and rebuilt injectors. That same year, I preventively had the rear differential rebuilt and replaced the driveshaft. In 2005-06, I resprayed the rear bumper and mirrors. Radiator in 2009 and both fuel pumps in 2011 by Kummrow Automotive in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The interior was redone in 2017. I have receipts for all work performed on the vehicle since 1999. Most recent work includes A/C repair and adjustment of the parking brake cables.

The car comes on stock wheels and a set of Racing Dynamics 17" wheels wearing Yokohama S Drive Tires. Also Included is the original exhaust center section with the catalytic converters. The only non-stock mods performed on the car are Autothority short shift kit, Turner Conforti chip, Evo lower air box, brake ducts, stainless brake lines, and a six disc CD changer. All parts added were bolt on as I tried to keep the car as stock as possible without making any permanent or irreversible modifications.

The car is in overall great shape and is currently showing 164K on a working odometer. This M3 has been well maintained its entire life. The only sign of rust is on the driverside wheel well behind the jack (pics in link). I first drove an M3 in 1988 at a Skip Barber School, RA. I said to myself I would own one someday, love at first sight. I took me until 1999 to buy one. I’ve owned and enjoyed this car ever since, its time for someone to enjoy it for another 20 years.

Asking $54,000 Located in Milwaukee Wisconsin

NO TRADES

https://photos.app.goo.gl/J6KyU2AC8ANYZatD6

Contact me with any questions at [email protected]

Nice looking ride and story. GLWS

Originally posted by eurojunk138 View Post
    POSTING FOR A FRIEND

Up for sale is my 1988 BMW M3 WBSAK0305J2196199 I purchased this in 1999 with approx 123,000 miles on it. I purchased the car from a technician at Concours BMW in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Now Umanksy BMW) who got the car after it was left at the dealer for unknown reason. The car was originally purchased through Concours and looks to have been a European delivery. The car has always been garage kept and never has seen snow during my ownership. The car appears to have spent time in Florida and Wisconsin with the original owner. I beileve I am the third owner of the car.

The vehicle was dealer maintained up to my ownership. I resprayed the left side of the car and rear wing in 2000, as well as adjusted the left front fender to match the body lines. The right side of the car still wears its original alpine white finish. During that time I replaced the muffler, clutch and Bilstein Sport sport shocks with all associated mounts and hardware. Preventively in 2003, I had the S14 rebuilt by Jenn Morgan at The Little Car Shop in Milwaukee Wisconsin. The rebuild included rings, rod bearings, timing chains and guides and tensioners with the oil pump chain. The head was pressure tested and checked and no valves were needed and were within spec. Also replaced all hoses and belts, starter, radiator thermostat and rebuilt injectors. That same year, I preventively had the rear differential rebuilt and replaced the driveshaft. In 2005-06, I resprayed the rear bumper and mirrors. Radiator in 2009 and both fuel pumps in 2011 by Kummrow Automotive in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The interior was redone in 2017. I have receipts for all work performed on the vehicle since 1999. Most recent work includes A/C repair and adjustment of the parking brake cables.

The car comes on stock wheels and a set of Racing Dynamics 17" wheels wearing Yokohama S Drive Tires. Also Included is the original exhaust center section with the catalytic converters. The only non-stock mods performed on the car are Autothority short shift kit, Turner Conforti chip, Evo lower air box, brake ducts, stainless brake lines, and a six disc CD changer. All parts added were bolt on as I tried to keep the car as stock as possible without making any permanent or irreversible modifications.

The car is in overall great shape and is currently showing 164K on a working odometer. This M3 has been well maintained its entire life. The only sign of rust is on the driverside wheel well behind the jack (pics in link). I first drove an M3 in 1988 at a Skip Barber School, RA. I said to myself I would own one someday, love at first sight. I took me until 1999 to buy one. I’ve owned and enjoyed this car ever since, its time for someone to enjoy it for another 20 years.

Asking $54,000 Located in Milwaukee Wisconsin

NO TRADES

https://photos.app.goo.gl/J6KyU2AC8ANYZatD6

Contact me with any questions at [email protected]

81 Ur Quattro
    87 911 M491 Cab
    89 M3
    89 944 T

What can I say,
    I love wide fenders!

Comment

Topic closed by request of OP
      1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
      1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
      1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

Working...
      X