X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 1988 e30 M3 Show / Track Car

BMW 1988 e30 M3
    WBSAK0306J2196244

For sale, or trade, is a 1988 e30 M3 Show / Track car. The car is prepared for the track but is streetable and I have an Illinois license plate for the street. It also has an SCCA Vehicle Logbook (Identity Number 96-1366) for Vintage Racing.

The car was built in North Carolina in the late 2000s, ran for a while in NC, then went to the Pacific Northwest, and then to a collector in Southern California. Mike Wah purchased it in 2016 from the collector, and I bought it from Mike in the summer of 2020. During Mike’s ownership, he maintained it with Don Fields. While in California, the car was maintained by Marc Norris. The car was featured in Bring a Trailer in 2013. Link can be found here.

https://bringatrailer.com/2013/08/06/bat-exclusive-ridiculously-clean-1988-bmw-e30-m3/

The car is running a 2.5 liter, 10.2:1 compression ratio, Schrick 284/276, steel retainers, slotted cam gear, Supertech valve springs, carbon airbox, MAXX Alpha-N. Don Fields did significant maintenance to the motor in 2017 including new exhaust cam, new retainers, new springs, main and connecting rod bearings, rebuilt the oil pump. All of this was preventative in nature, there was nothing wrong with the motor. Don replaced many other maintenance items as well. It has a lightweight flywheel, the stock USA transmission, and a stock differential. It has a EVO Rally Exhaust manifold (this might be a VSR item) and no CAT. The car runs very well, idles smoothly, and pulls hard.

The suspension is an Advanced Design Ground Control coilover and camber plate setup. Currently running 17-inch APEX wheels and brand new Toyo tires. Larger Brembo brakes are installed on all four wheels.

The interior is gutted and caged with Sparco racing seats and brand new Sabelt four-point harnesses. The attention to detail is outstanding and the interior is very clean. I pulled the old steel brackets installed VAC floor mounts, a slider on the driver seat, and VAC side mounts. There is a complete fire suppression system and a hand-held fire extinguisher. There is also a Fuel Safe fuel cell.

Cosmetically, the car is very clean with no rust. Mike applied ceramic coat, the stripes are painted on, and I have applied various logos. Those are in vinyl and easily removed if one desires.

Overall, the car is a very well done show / track car. It can be run in vintage racing, used for driver education, and taken to Sunday Cars & Coffee. I am only selling because I am fifty and, while I thought that I wanted a stripped car, I just simply do not. Price is $58,000 and I m open to reasonable offers. I am also open to trades. Shoot me an email, [email protected] , or a text (309-256-7972) for pics and more information. Thanks. -Sean

That would be a load of fun at auto-x or track events. Very cool.
    GLWS!
    1984 E30 323i Euro (sold)
    1985 E30 325e (sold)
    1988 E30 Henna/Black 2.5L
    1988 E30 Macao Evo2 #330
    2014 F31 328i Sportswagon
    2017 F80 M3

Comment

My old car. She is a solid performer. Buy with confidance

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Price drop. $49,000.