Clear All

• FS: 1988 M3 Caged Roller Shell - Clean Title

1988 BMW M3 Rolling, Caged Chassis
    WBSAK0307J2197306
    12/1987 Production E30 M3 Race Prepped
    $15,500 or Best Reasonable Offer.
    Clean Title in Hand!
    No Trades. Pick Up or Ship from Richmond, VA

Comprehensive Photo Set: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o03jz8zaj...Bx5xm91xa?dl=0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This M3 came into my possession a year ago in Sept of 2019 in this condition and was purchased by myself with the plan of putting it back to on-track condition for a client of mine. I wanted to secure a chassis for him so I acted quickly and have been sitting on it since. Once Covid hit, his plans changed and I'm left with an extra chassis that I would like to sell off AS IS or I would be happy to continue to complete it for a customer - all of this can be discussed. Either way full payment for the car itself would need to be completed before any further work takes place. At this point due to shop work load I would prefer to sell and gain the shop space back, but everything is negotiable.

I have told others that were interested that I would consider this a good donor to return to the track, but its not impossible to return it to being a street car - although of course it would take considerable reversing of its past racecar history. Depending on your access to a clean title shell it may still be worth it - but I purely bought it to update the safety aspects of the cage and make it a solid car my client could take to the track. It was most likely going to end up with a s50/52. If you're someone looking for a starting point to a track/racecar project - here you go!

Please click the link to the full photo gallery which may answer some questions that haven't been covered in the text. If you have any other questions feel free to post here or shoot me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Click image for larger version  Name:	70298076_10220284972062337_5031661402532610048_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.1 KB ID:	1293405
    Click image for larger version  Name:	70245431_10220284984422646_6277769927797506048_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.3 KB ID:	1293406

Click image for larger version  Name:	69954803_10220284976942459_7621355222631186432_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.7 KB ID:	1293407
    Click image for larger version  Name:	70090714_10220284977222466_297794581125136384_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.7 KB ID:	1293408
    Click image for larger version  Name:	70493583_10220284979342519_2163273648587145216_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.6 KB ID:	1293409

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chassis Features & Safety:

Full 10 point DTM-style cage, with many extra reinforcement parts added including:
    -Triangulation to front & rear shock towers.
    -Cross bar between reinforced rear shock towers.
    -Double redundant reinforcement (with cross mount) to front shock towers.
    -Cross dash bar with redundant tubes going behind front shock towers to
    front sub frame mount area.
    -Front downtubes are tied into A pillars.
    -Rear downtubes are tied into rear subframe mount points.
    Custom metal built in (fully enclosed) race battery box. Mounted on aft right floor.
    Wilwood top hinged pedal box with biasing cable with master cylinders.
    DTM side mirrors (passenger side missing glass)
    Fiberglass front hood with center vent
    Fiberglass deck lid, has cutouts for larger chassis-mounted wing (stock wing included)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suspension & Steering:

Front coilovers with Koni Adjustable inserts.
    Ohlin’s TT44 Rear Triple adjustable, external reservoir shocks.
    Multiple sets of extra Hyperco springs
    Z3 power steering (quicker ratio) rack.
    Quick disconnect steering hub with Momo wheel
    Genuine BMW cockpit adjustable front & rear sway bars.
    Rear trailing arms with new bushings and cross bracing.
    Aluminum rear subframe mounts.

Fuel System:

Trunk cut out for previous fuel cell
    Uninstalled ATL 22 gallon Fuel Cell in aluminum enclosure
    Hoses for ATL fuel cell, with fueling door on rear panel.

Engine Management/Electrical:

DTA Fast E48EXP standalone engine management system (Unfinished harness) Never installed or used.
    Magnecor Ignition wire set.
    E30 dash with custom switch panel
    E30 stock wiring harness

Vehicle Location: Richmond, VA
    $15,500
    No Trades, Reasonable Offers Considered.
    Clean Title in Hand!
    Comprehensive Photo Set: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o03jz8zaj...Bx5xm91xa?dl=0

Thank you,
    -Kevin
    -Kevin

Was this Andrew Taylors old shell?
    jimmy p.
    87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
    88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
    88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
    92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
    98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
    04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

If I had the space, and didn't have 1 kid in college, 1 headed to college, and 1 in diapers:/
      Dan

88 M3
      Black on Black

San Diego, CA
      USA

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post
        Unsure, I bought it from a guy named Max local to me here in Richmond, Va.
        -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by FlodaM3 View Post

Unsure, I bought it from a guy named Max local to me here in Richmond, Va.
          Yep, OK this makes sense, yes it is. I thought thats where it was. GLWS.
          A bunch of us old timers knew the guy that built the shell.
          I literally talked to him on speaker for the entire construction of this shell, seemingly every night for over a year.
          I sold the original owner the hood vent (well he never paid me for it LOL).
          Last edited by jimmy p.; 09-24-2020, 07:19 AM.
          jimmy p.
          04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

I literally talked to him on speaker for the entire construction of this shell, seemingly every night for over a year.
            Damn, small world! Thank you, hoping it goes back to someone who will put it to good use. I bought my own '88 shell (left) to build just before snagging this one (right) for my client from Max, so I would be building this one for myself if I didn't already have another sitting next to it along with my other projects!

Click image for larger version

Name:	92644324_10106851104538636_1999119229734879232_o.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	410.8 KB
ID:	1293430

Want your hood vent back? hahaha.
            Attached Files
            -Kevin

Comment

Jimmy you have too good of a memory...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K. View Post

Jimmy you have too good of a memory...
                LOL, Mike, I can't remember what I ate for lunch yesterday, but I remember arcane E30M3 trivia.
                It helped that during the entire period I was doing the rebuild on my touring car I was doing it in my garage with Andrew don speaker phone talking though his whole build with him. He was on speaker because if I had stopped what I was doing to just talk my Gruppe A car would still be in pieces.
                So I feel like i know that shell like I built it myself LOLOLOL
                jimmy p.
                04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

Andrew Taylor. JFC, there's a name from the past....

Comment

Originally posted by CCarey3 View Post
                      Sent you a PM
                      Replied.
                      -Kevin

Comment

sold.
                        -Kevin

Comment

Working...
                        X