This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 1989 AW/Tan M3 73k mi

It's time for me to list my '89 M3 (VIN WBSAK0302K2198641). With a track car project in progress, I just don't have the space or time to enjoy this one anymore. To be honest, the day it arrived I knew it was not going to get driven nearly enough.

Car has just under 73k on the ODO and I am the 4th owner. No accidents, original paint on all panels (front bumper cover resprayed under previous ownership), and all VIN tags. Even the engine break-in decal is still present on the original windshield. Every feature on the car works incl A/C (R134-a converted), cruise control, OBC, stereo, sunroof, etc. Stock Alpine CM5908 stereo sings - I replaced all the capacitors on the amplifier output stage and it sounds brand new again!

There are some minor filled in paint chips on the leading edge of the hood. There is also a small filled scratch on the drivers' door and a filled spot on the drivers' rear wheel well.

I've gone through and refreshed/replaced any wear & tear items, had a valve adjustment completed, and had C2 Quartz ceramic paint protectant applied after some serious cleaning by Pristine Auto Detailing. When I refreshed the brakes/suspension I realized the original pads, struts, and all suspension & steering HW were original to the car. I saved the brake pads (with M motorsport stripes) as well as rear strut tube assemblies - all will be included with the car if desired. All Febi/Bilstein/Lemfoerder and other OEM replacements used for all HW. Bilstein B6s were put on all 4 corners. All fluids (engine, trans, diff, coolant, brakes, P/S) were flushed as well. Tires are Dunlop Direzza DZ102.

Car is mechanically stock other than a Conforti chip and Alpine CD Changer in then trunk (controller mounted in place of front ashtray; Ashtray included with the sale).

More details & high-res photos to come; asking $90k.

1989 BMW M3 for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for $53,500 on April 19, 2019 (Lot #18,105) | Bring a Trailer

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Ha you beat me to it - I bought from the winner in April of 2020 then went to town on cleaning it up.

Sold on Bat 4/19/19: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-m3-37/

Comment

No one is for fair market value more than I am.

I don't care if the seller makes $20,000 in 2 days or loses $30,000 in a week. Car values are ONLY dictated by one thing..... what the seller is willing to take.

I've seen $60,000 cars sell for $25,000 because the seller didn't know or didn't care. I've seen $30,000 cars sell for $60,000.

Without diving in into the finer details of the car, on the surface anyway, this car could very well be worth the ask.

Nice job cleaning it up. That's what everyone of these cars deserve! Well cone and Good luck with the sale.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Forgot to add, an S52 timing chain tensioner was installed during the refresh. AC condenser bushings were replaced as well. OEM M3 shift knob/boot installed this week. Glovebox has working rechargeable flashlight.

I am not happy with the valve cover (flaking in some spots) and will be refinishing it soon.

More pics from today:

Comment

Great car. Great example of - take a car on BaT and do the right thing(s) to it.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-m3-120/

Will be a good comparison to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
              No one is for fair market value more than I am.

Car values are ONLY dictated by one thing..... what the seller is willing to take.

e.
              I'd say what a buyer(s) is willing to offer or pay has a pretty big effect on car values. A seller can't turn down offers they don't get.

81 Ur Quattro
              87 911 M491 Cab
              89 M3
              89 944 T

What can I say,
              I love wide fenders!

Comment

Originally posted by 1st Roundel View Post

I'd say what a buyer(s) is willing to offer or pay has a pretty big effect on car values. A seller can't turn down offers they don't get.
                True but fortunately that is not reality. Especially with the legend that is e30 m3. A seller will always get offers. The issue with most sellers is what offer do you take and when to take it. I price cars to sell in 24 hours. And they usually always do. If they don’t it’s likely I want the car more than the potential buyer and won’t go “that”’low.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

On the other hand... I priced my ltw at $180,000. With that asking price I’ll get less offers in the $80,000 range. They don’t want to embarrass anyone and appear cheap. So likely they just won’t make an offer. Is my ltw worth $180,000? Damn right it is. And when a potential buyer agrees I’ll let it go. Likely I’ll get to enjoy it for many years to come and let my estate handle the sale when I’m gone.

I was offered $100 + for my white car. Turned it down without hesiststion. My price is $150,000 for that car. Yes I want them more than you do at this point in time. All my cars are for sale. You just have to want them more than a I do.

The seller of this car is likely in this situation as he is playing in the top 5 % price wise. EAG and mint BAT territory. Is his car worth the ask? That’s 100% up to the buyer.

all good discussions and all my opinions of course. I’m not an expert and I despise experts.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
                    On the other hand... I priced my ltw at $180,000. With that asking price I’ll get less offers in the $80,000 range. They don’t want to embarrass anyone and appear cheap. So likely they just won’t make an offer. Is my ltw worth $180,000? Damn right it is. And when a potential buyer agrees I’ll let it go. Likely I’ll get to enjoy it for many years to come and let my estate handle the sale when I’m gone.

I was offered $100 + for my white car. Turned it down without hesiststion. My price is $150,000 for that car. Yes I want them more than you do at this point in time. All my cars are for sale. You just have to want them more than a I do.

The seller of this car is likely in this situation as he is playing in the top 5 % price wise. EAG and mint BAT territory. Is his car worth the ask? That’s 100% up to the buyer.

all good discussions and all my opinions of course. I’m not an expert and I despise experts.
                    Thanks for all the kind words and opinions. In the interest of garnering a little more interest, I am going to drop the price slightly to $85k OBO. My track car project is gaining some steam & having my garage bay free would be nice.

Take care everyone!

Comment

Bump, still for sale but I may just keep it a few more years. Being able to compare my 2.5L track build to this car is fun. One is raw, loud, and rattly and the other is like driving a car off the showroom floor

Comment

Originally posted by evanboyle View Post
                        Bump, still for sale but I may just keep it a few more years. Being able to compare my 2.5L track build to this car is fun. One is raw, loud, and rattly and the other is like driving a car off the showroom floor
                        lol...i have same comparison fun....my 2002 is a track build, friend has pristine 2002tii.

you have direct competition with the AW/PB on BaT right now.
                        75 M2 Zinno
                        88 M3 Henna

Comment

Posted Wrong Place

Comment

Decided to keep it. Please close thread.

Comment

Working...
                            X