Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: SoCal e30 M3

Hi s14 friends!

This is my first post on the forum, but I’ve been a r3vlimited member since ‘09. In the past I’ve had three 1991 318iS models in the arsenal, my current garage consists of a 1987 m-tech 1 variant and a 1991 325i.

Over the past decade I’ve been hoarding a ton of parts in preparation for my dream car, the e30 m3 (God’s Chariot);

NOS Hella Smoked Smilies, Smoked Startec taillights, glass moonroof, 370 mm m-tech I wheel, houndstooth sport seats, etc... anywho, not trying to boast however would like to give an idea of how motivated I’ve been to obtain an e30 m3 to complete my vision.

If anyone has one they’re willing to part with or has a lead, I’d be grateful for the opportunity to see what’s out there. My name is Michael & can be reached via text or phone call at 949-510-369four.

Welcome Michael! Anyone with your resolve will certainly fit right in with this crowd! We'll keep our eyes and ears open and let you know if anything pops up. You might also join the facebook groups S14.Net Officialest and the E30 M3/Group/Chat/Classifieds. It would help if you posted up your color preferences and what sort of mileage and condition you're after and if you want a pure stocker, modded street worrier, one for street / track or a pure track / race car. I presume not the latter two since you have houndstooth seats etc queued up for it.
    Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
    • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
    • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
    • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
    • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
    • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
    • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
    • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
    • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
    • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

I am in S. CA and will keep an eye out in case I hear word of mouth. It would be good to know what you are looking for and budget.
      Dan

88 M3
      Black on Black

San Diego, CA
      USA

Comment

Thank you for the replies!

My preferences on color would be schwarz or Dschwarz. Mileage/mods, etc... don’t bother me, at the end of the day I’d be modifying/upgrading/fixing the car to my liking.

My budget is flexible, just depends on the overall condition and how much extra $ I’d have to throw at it.

I had/have an offer to buy an ‘89 with a salvage title. Comes with a Cecotto 2.3L S-14, dogleg transmission, NOS evo II front bumper, light weight Cecotto trunk lid, authentic black leather mtech interior (no rips, original condition), m3 dead pedal, 370mm mtech I wheel, etc. all for $24k (yes I know that’s an insanely good deal).

However, the problem with that deal is that I have no clue where I’d be able to store it/build it. It’s literally in pieces and time is a commodity I currently don’t have. I work in the mortgage industry, when this boom is over I’d probably quit and dedicate a year (day in and day out) to build it. But again, the issue is where do I store a project of that magnitude? I have no garage room whatsoever to reassemble a car. Also, I’m more than likely going to be busy writing mortgages for at least another year before I can take on a project like that.

Comment

• 99M3Riverside
          99M3Riverside commented
          Editing a comment
          I would be curious a little more on the salvage title but it didn't take much to salvage these for the longest time. I would go rent a storage at Public Storage or someplace until you figure out a place. $24K for all that seems to good to be true but you never know.

Yeah it does seem too good to be true, however I personally know this guy. He’s offering me a screaming deal because he wants me to build it as opposed to him parting everything out.

There’s an m3 on BAT that I have my eye on right now..

Comment

• 99M3Riverside
          99M3Riverside commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I saw the one on BAT. Timing is everything, not sure if there is a reserve on the car. If time is your biggest issue than paying more might be best bet. If you can swing both and maybe turn the other car into a track toy that might be fun.

I just bought Todd’s M3 on BaT. I’m a bit nervous spending that kind of cash on a car sight unseen, but the color combo is exactly what I wanted and already has some “upgrades” that I would’ve considered.

Comment

Originally posted by e30Lamour View Post
          I just bought Todd’s M3 on BaT. I’m a bit nervous spending that kind of cash on a car sight unseen, but the color combo is exactly what I wanted and already has some “upgrades” that I would’ve considered.
          That looks like a solid car. Congratulations and welcome to the club.
          1990 M3

Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your M3

Comment

Yes, congratulations on your purchase, I think you got yourself a solid car. I was watching that one as well as the 33K miles one from Calgary to see how the Canadian cars do on BAT.

Looks like you bought the older brother of mine as the VINs are 112 apart!

Don

Don
            1973 - 2002
            1988 - iX
            1988 - M3

Comment

I posted in the thread as well on BAT. Todd's car is great. Funny I'm just talking to my wife about it right now. You are going to be happy with the car. Like I said over there, I would have bought it a couple years ago if my financial stars aligned, but alas, they didn't. If you ever feel like you'd rather have an alpine white one let me know! Lol.
              Congrats! As soon as it rolls off the truck, make sure to post up some pics.

Comment

congratulations on grabbing my old car! It’s heading back to where it came from!

I really loved that car and poured a lot of time and money (don’t tell my wife) into it. It’s unfortunate that one of the two owners between me and you sold off a couple of bits, but at least the most recent appeared to have painted it back to stock colour. (It was Jet Black when I owned it) From what I have heard it was owned by a guy who owned a body shop, so I suspect the paint is done well.

I was looking back through the hundreds of photos I have of the car, and I found pictures of rebuilt injectors I installed, and a new FPR as well. Surprise!

like I said on BAT, it looks like something was done to the rear diff between my ownership and this sale. It needed bearings, so hopefully that was done. Also comparing my engine pics to BAT, that alternator is new! BONUS!

it does look like someone decided to keep the s14 spark plug tool and replaced it with a standard e30 one, and the custom M3 trunk mat that matched the floor mats.

First thing to do is get in contact with Markus and get the EVO III undertray and splitter back on that car, and a rear trunk badge!

Again congratulations on the purchase, and if I can help with any info/history let me know..

Comment

So, if you get it in time there are going to be a few of us going to the track on Jan 9th @ Buttonwillow Raceway. You should bring the car out.
                  Dan

88 M3
                  Black on Black

San Diego, CA
                  USA

Comment

Thank you for the replies everyone!

I’m getting the compression/leak down results later today. As long as it gets a clean bill of health, the next step is to arrange transport down here to Aliso Viejo, CA after the wire transfer.

The plans are to get the under-tray/splitter back on, M3 badge, install either my 370mm Mtech I wheel or the Italvolanti wheel, my smoked version of the StarTecs, source an original OBC (I think these cars only came with the 13 button?). The car already has Smoked Hellas, so I guess I can put my set up for sale!

I’m indifferent about the M badges on the seats, I’m curious to see if the leather was punctured to install them.

The Kopi gauge is cool, I’ll consider keeping it, I’ll just need to learn how to read it.

I’ll keep you guys posted with updates in this thread. As long as everything goes to plan I’ll make a separate thread once the car is in my possession. Todd, you’ve been very informative (especially on BaT), you inspired confidence and I thank you for that.

Comment

Shopped around with quite a few transporters/brokers. Found one that I liked; $2,000.00 door to door + has a broker that will help with customs. $200 broker fee to help with all the paper work, plus there’s a 4% fee at the border based off of the sales price (so BaT’s 5% commission + 4% at the border, ouch).

I won’t ask the seller to “fudge” the numbers on the Bill of Sale, even if he would be willing to I don’t want the car to get seized.

Just waiting to hear back on the PPI.

Comment

Thank you for the replies everyone!

I’m getting the compression/leak down results later today. As long as it gets a clean bill of health, the next step is to arrange transport down here to Aliso Viejo, CA after the wire transfer.

The plans are to get the under-tray/splitter back on, M3 badge, install either my 370mm Mtech I wheel or the Italvolanti wheel, my smoked version of the StarTecs, source an original OBC (I think these cars only came with the 13 button?). The car already has Smoked Hellas, so I guess I can put my set up for sale!

I’m indifferent about the M badges on the seats, I’m curious to see if the leather was punctured to install them.

The Kopi gauge is cool, I’ll consider keeping it, I’ll just need to learn how to read it.

I’ll keep you guys posted with updates in this thread. As long as everything goes to plan I’ll make a separate thread once the car is in my possession. Todd, you’ve been very informative (especially on BaT), you inspired confidence and I thank you for that.
                        glad to help.

The seat pins are from the e28 M5, and they do puncture the leather, so if you remove them there will be holes.

Comment

Bummer on the holes, I’ll live with it.

Compression came back at 210 psi on all 4 cylinders, leak down was within 0-5% on all 4. Kind of too good to be true?

Water pump is leaking, it could just be the gasket.

Comment

Working...
                          X