Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e30Lamour
    replied
    The car was dropped off yesterday, very happy with the overall condition of the body/paint/interior. However there are a few things I’ll need to address that were unexpected (working on your car is half the fun, right?)

The first items I gave attention to were replacing the blacked out kidney grills back to chrome, installing the smoked StarTecs, and getting the 370mm Mtech I wheel in there.

I’ll eventually photograph more progress and update in a new thread for those that are interested.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Konig
    replied
    Originally posted by e30Lamour View Post
    Wooo, the M3 got loaded up last night. I just hope everything else is relatively straight forward from here on out.
    Sure looks shiny!

Leave a comment:

• e30Lamour
    replied
    Wooo, the M3 got loaded up last night. I just hope everything else is relatively straight forward from here on out.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kyldare
    replied
    Congrats on the new car! I just sent you a PM.

Leave a comment:

• babraham
    replied
    The anxiety of getting a car shipped about 2,000 miles is also not fun.
    I hear you there! I bought my Evo2 sight unseen from the UK a couple years ago, then imported it to the CA port.
    That was a very anxious month as it made it's way across the ocean.

Enjoy your M3!

Leave a comment:

• BeniD
    replied
    thanks guys.

Leave a comment:

• e30Lamour
    replied
    Originally posted by BeniD View Post
    I was the guy the bid on Todd’s car till the last minute I kept on bidding and was going to go all the way but, the last 30 seconds a glitch kicked my bid out. So I lost.
    Sorry Beni!

My best wishes to you on the next one. Perhaps this will give you peace of mind, but I’ll be around $50k in total on this car even at the sale price of $44k.

The anxiety of getting a car shipped about 2,000 miles is also not fun.

Leave a comment:

• CanuckM3
    replied
    Shopped around with quite a few transporters/brokers. Found one that I liked; $2,000.00 door to door + has a broker that will help with customs. $200 broker fee to help with all the paper work, plus there’s a 4% fee at the border based off of the sales price (so BaT’s 5% commission + 4% at the border, ouch).

I won’t ask the seller to “fudge” the numbers on the Bill of Sale, even if he would be willing to I don’t want the car to get seized.

Just waiting to hear back on the PPI.
    $2000 USD Plus brokerage is about the going rate. The buyer for my 68 Shelby GT350 paid about the same going near Santa Monica Beach. Had to unload
    on the beach parking lot. Very fitting.

CanuckM3

Leave a comment:

• Konig
    replied
    Originally posted by BeniD View Post
    I was the guy the bid on Todd’s car till the last minute I kept on bidding and was going to go all the way but, the last 30 seconds a glitch kicked my bid out. So I lost.
    Sorry to hear that, that’s a tough way to lose a car. The good news is that BaT features M3s regularly so you’ll have your chance again! Fingers crossed for you.

Leave a comment:

• BeniD
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dudley123
    replied
    Yea.. Let me know if you're selling or fishing like that guy

Congrats on the car btw!

Leave a comment:

• e30Lamour
    replied
    Originally posted by dudley123 View Post

Talk to me about these NOS Smoked Hellas..

Thx
    Chris
    There’s a NOS set for sale on FB for $1,400. Ouch.

Leave a comment:

• dudley123
    replied
    Thank you for the replies everyone!

I’m getting the compression/leak down results later today. As long as it gets a clean bill of health, the next step is to arrange transport down here to Aliso Viejo, CA after the wire transfer.

The plans are to get the under-tray/splitter back on, M3 badge, install either my 370mm Mtech I wheel or the Italvolanti wheel, my smoked version of the StarTecs, source an original OBC (I think these cars only came with the 13 button?). The car already has Smoked Hellas, so I guess I can put my set up for sale!

I’m indifferent about the M badges on the seats, I’m curious to see if the leather was punctured to install them.

The Kopi gauge is cool, I’ll consider keeping it, I’ll just need to learn how to read it.

I’ll keep you guys posted with updates in this thread. As long as everything goes to plan I’ll make a separate thread once the car is in my possession. Todd, you’ve been very informative (especially on BaT), you inspired confidence and I thank you for that.
    Talk to me about these NOS Smoked Hellas..

Thx
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• Austin
    replied
    Yeah I noticed the green coolant, gross. I negotiated $500 off the sale, I’ll just replace the water pump myself. I found a local bmw specific shop, guy has an M3 himself, said he’d replace it for $700 out the door if I don’t have time.
    good deal for sure, considering the pump lists at $612 as of yesterday afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• e30Lamour
    replied
    Yeah I noticed the green coolant, gross. I negotiated $500 off the sale, I’ll just replace the water pump myself. I found a local bmw specific shop, guy has an M3 himself, said he’d replace it for $700 out the door if I don’t have time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X