X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fs: 1990 e30 m3

Greetings,

Looking to sell my 1990 M3 that has been sitting in my garage for the last 10 years with a blown head gasket.

My plan was to pull the motor and have it rebuilt (by a shop in Livermore who quoted me $11-12K) most ppl know who I'm referring to (locals anyway).

I still might go that route but and leaning toward just selling it outright as is.

Its Brilliant Red and pretty much bone stock.

Only mods are Dick Chiang chip, Eibach springs, Z4 Finned Diff cover and Gustave's ignition wire set.

I'll attach 2 pics of the last time I drove the car and will take more pics soon.

The car has 233K miles and it was my daily driver before the head gasket blew (do to the foolish action of me removing the manual fan and letting my wife drive the car and when the aux fan failed she did not notice the eng temps)

I've been looking at the selling price of project cars and other cars in rusty condition sell between $25-35K.

So at this time I'm considering the top end of that range atm since the chassis is solid/straight and has zero rust (CA Car)

Car is located in Alameda CA.. so if you are local and interested come on by !
    Thanks for listening!

Robert

Oh, and i was originally on this board with the username rhobando but that old ID was associated with an old email address I not longer have access to.

Click image for larger version  Name:	m3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	335.4 KB ID:	1298179

Click image for larger version  Name:	s14.jpg Views:	0 Size:	160.9 KB ID:	1298180

Looks like a worthy car to restore and bring back to the streets! I cross-posted this to our Bay Area M3 owner's group on Facebook, maybe someone local will be in touch.

If you're on FB and not in our group, click the link in my sig and request membership!
    1989 Lachs
    1988 Lachs - sold
    1988 DS - sold
    Car blog
    Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Originally posted by Konig View Post
      Looks like a worthy car to restore and bring back to the streets! I cross-posted this to our Bay Area M3 owner's group on Facebook, maybe someone local will be in touch.

If you're on FB and not in our group, click the link in my sig and request membership!

I know, I have not seen a e30M3 in the Bay area for the last 7-10 years. I remember in the 90's and early 2000's I would see at least one a month.

Kinda Tempted to have Terry Tinney rebuild the motor since I really don't need the money and I know this beast will always appreciate in value. Decisions, Decisions

Thanks for the headsup on the FB group. The Pic I posted was a BAM event in Tiburon.. Bill Arnold and Tammi Hull plus other were there.. kinda miss the group, great times.

I did talk to Bill a couple of years ago...

Comment

PM sent - very interested.

Comment

To everyone that is interested I'll be dusting off the car this weekend and will be taking more pics of the car to post. As most people know from selling/buying cars, this car is NOT a garage queen. The potential new owner would probably have it re-painted, have the front bumper cover re-aligned (I hit a car in front of me in bumper to bumper traffic) and some interior issues addressed (back seat is from a grey interior, my original back seat stitching was coming apart so instead of re-stitching, another club owner had a grey back seat I just replaced it with. Having said that it does have a custom interior that I've never seen in an M3 before so it could be a factory option but not really sure (the pics will show what I'm referring to when I post this weekend).

Comment

Originally posted by irho View Post

I know, I have not seen a e30M3 in the Bay area for the last 7-10 years. I remember in the 90's and early 2000's I would see at least one a month.

Kinda Tempted to have Terry Tinney rebuild the motor since I really don't need the money and I know this beast will always appreciate in value. Decisions, Decisions

Thanks for the headsup on the FB group. The Pic I posted was a BAM event in Tiburon.. Bill Arnold and Tammi Hull plus other were there.. kinda miss the group, great times.

I did talk to Bill a couple of years ago...
            Bill and Tammy are both in the group!
            1989 Lachs
            1988 Lachs - sold
            1988 DS - sold
            Car blog
            Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Originally posted by Konig View Post

Bill and Tammy are both in the group!
              Unfortunately the last time I saw them was right before they had their first child. Been too long.

Comment

Ok, I finally got off my lazy a$$ and took pics of the interior... as I mentioned to some who PM'd me the back seat was replaced due to the fact my original one was worn out from 2 children and other elements of destruction...

And as mentioned I 'think' the interior is either a custom BMW option or was custom made by the PO.

Comment

definitely done by a stereo shop, it was pretty common practice in the 90s.

best of luck finding a home for the old girl!
                  Portland, Oregon
                  '88 M5 | '88 330is | '89 M3

Comment

Man that is some period correct interior decor.
                    Have you searched to see if there are any hidden drug compartments in that anywhere?
                    Thats got pimpy drug dealer owner written all over it. Was there a pink izod shirt with the collar ironed up in the trunk?
                    I love period leftover stuff like that. Its like finding a time capsule.

Also wishing you well with finding it a good home (or if you decide to keep it and fix it, thats an even better plan).
                    Last edited by jimmy p.; 02-10-2021, 12:02 PM.
                    jimmy p.
                    87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                    88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
                    88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
                    92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
                    98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
                    04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Door panels and rear deck cover are very easy to bring back to stock. No big deal! car seems very clean even with the high miles. GL with sale!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post
                        Man that is some period correct interior decor.
                        Have you searched to see if there are any hidden drug compartments in that anywhere?
                        Thats got pimpy drug dealer owner written all over it. Was there a pink izod shirt with the collar ironed up in the trunk?
                        I love period leftover stuff like that. Its like finding a time capsule.

Also wishing you well with finding it a good home (or if you decide to keep it and fix it, thats an even better plan).
                        I found a Members Only Jacket in the trunk!

Comment

LOL! hope that goes with the sale!

only thing missing is the period car phone mounted on center console!

despite the ribbing about the interior, the sound system must be nice....when not listening to the S14!
                          75 M2 Zinno
                          88 M3 Henna

Comment

Please tell me you are kidding LOL. I hope you are not but you gotta be. If you really did must post picture.
                            jimmy p.
                            87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                            88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
                            88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
                            92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
                            98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
                            04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Originally posted by mlytle View Post

LOL! hope that goes with the sale!

only thing missing is the period car phone mounted on center console!

despite the ribbing about the interior, the sound system must be nice....when not listening to the S14!
                              The 6 spot cassette holder is kinda retro.. I mean.. look at the resurgence of Vinyl records!

Comment

Working...
                              X