Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evanboyle
    replied
    Wooow, I paid $36k for a complete running 2.5L MM build in Aug of last year... this is wildness

Leave a comment:

• Westopher
    replied
    Gonna go hug my car cause I'll never be able to come close to affording another one at this rate.

Leave a comment:

• Austin
    replied
    $36k. unreal

Leave a comment:

• Westopher
    replied
    LOL this goes down as the worst buy in e30 m3 history.

Leave a comment:

• bumster22
    replied
    $36k for an incomplete neglected car...

Leave a comment:

• bumster22
    replied
    Just out of control. Over $30k for a pile of incomplete junk car.

Leave a comment:

• Austin
    replied
    Originally posted by Westopher View Post
    I don't believe this isn't all shill bidding.
    hard to say, but honestly, nothing surprises me anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Westopher
    replied
    I don't believe this isn't all shill bidding.

Leave a comment:

• Austin
    replied
    listing ends soon. already at 30k.

Leave a comment:

• M-technik-3
    replied
    It's the same thing as late 60's muscle cars....people in the 45-60 range with disposable cash wanting a dream car from their youth. That is why imo.

Leave a comment:

• e30m3black
    replied
    price lol... just like stonks, low supply high demand. We control the Price of our beater. Then again had too many beers. DIAMOND HAND GUYS.. NEVER SELL!

Leave a comment:

• Westopher
    replied
    A buddy brought up a good point. Theres a market to "singer" these cars. At that point someone just needs a VIN. Whether it costs 10k or 30k to get that, SOMEONE can make it work. Also, maybe someone with the passion to make sure these don't end up in the crusher has some money to burn. Either way, I'd be happy to see it get enjoyed, although I'm sad to see negligent people cash in for doing nothing.

Leave a comment:

• jimmy p.
    replied
    Originally posted by Austin View Post
    precisely. at the end of the day, it's a beat to hell, salvage title, half of an e30m3. it's $100k away from being a $50k car.
    This needed to be quoted LOL. Flawless.

Originally posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    you guys sound like car guys are logical. We aren't. We do stupid things for stupid reasons that make zero financial sense. It's all about the passion. Live once, live with passion.
    Mike there is logical, there is passionate and then just stupid.
    I would honestly bet folding money no one has more passion for these cars than I do, but I also have at least two firing brain cells left. Might just be two but at least there are two.

​​​​​​​If someone like Max got hold of this wreck, and did something like his blue swap car, someone with the knowledge and the chops to do all the mountains and mountains of labor himself and the connections to score the right parts making it into a restomod type thing maybe it comes out OK at the end, but man its starting at the bottom of a steep hill (and no one wants to see E30M3 shells crushed less than I do).
    Last edited by jimmy p.; 04-07-2021, 02:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 168glhs1986
    replied
    you guys sound like car guys are logical. We aren't. We do stupid things for stupid reasons that make zero financial sense. It's all about the passion. Live once, live with passion.

Leave a comment:

• Austin
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post

See thats what doesnt make any sense to me, after any level of resto is done even remotely right the owner will be in it for $100K and its not a $100k car.
    If you intend to turn it into a track car there are WAY better platforms to start with way cheaper than its current price.
    I just dont see any path for this car even at its present price that makes the smallest amount of sense paying that much at the buy in, because when its all done its still fucked.
    The word upside down doesnt begin to describe it.
    It will always be that way fucked up car from the R3V thread.
    precisely. at the end of the day, it's a beat to hell, salvage title, half of an e30m3. it's $100k away from being a $50k car.

i really wanted to buy an e30m3 roller and build my own, but with what shells sell for now, it didn't even remotely make sense to not buy anything other than a complete, driver quality, driving e30m3 - so that's what i did.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X