FS - Listed a 1988 low miles but rusty M3 on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS - Listed a 1988 low miles but rusty M3 on eBay

I have no idea what the value is given the restoration needed but it is complete- so it is an auction.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/265302278248

Your car?

Comment

It's a mile roll back car.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
        It's a mile roll back car.
        There's an explanation that it may not be the case when you see the whole history. It went up 40k in a year then back down to match the rest of the history. I've had milage entry issues in both of my m3 ownerships, during my ownerships. I've got no skin in the game here, but quite honestly Carfax/autochecks are only valuable in the sense that they make you look into the history deeper, without always telling you the real story.

Comment

It's mine, I've known the car since 2001 and have many service records going back to the original sale - All the mileage records are consecutive except for the 12/01/2000 emission's inspection in Illinois- which is suspect because it is an even 78000 ( what are the odds of that?)- it was serviced at Patrick BMW in Schaumburg, IL Jan. 2000 and recorded as 36695 mi. and then again July 2001 with 39341 miles. There is bad rust in some areas but not throughout.

Comment

Yes autocheck and carfax miles are often reported wrong and easy to fix with proof.

In any case, I'm glad it sold and I hope the new owner enjoys it.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Car was a good deal for someone that was going to paint it anyway

Comment

Working...
              X