WBSAK030XJ2197784 10Brooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBSAK030XJ2197784 10Brooks

Hey guys a few people found 10brooks being flipped for over 16,000 profit. I was asked to place this on the forum. I haven’t had direct contact with the seller, but have seen emails and such.

the car holds great sentimental value to most here. Our friend Richard John’s owned this car and was sold about a month ago for 52,500 and a new seller is trying to flip the car. The seller is claiming to have done work which was already done my the previous owner and changed the wheels and taillights. He is asking 68,000 and trying to flip the car. I have one friend who has tried to buy the car back for a decent offer 61k and another friend who was Told by the seller to buy it for 62k then told him it was sold. The seller is still actively marketing the car and trying to sell for 65-68 with zero regard for the promise he made to original seller. The promised to contact him prior to selling, which he agreed to.

I don’t mind a person trying to make a buck, but in this case this is the wrong car to do it with

WBSAK030XJ2197784

10brooks

At the end of the day it’s his car, he can sell it for a million if he wants…point you’re making makes no sense. Who are you to dictate what price someone should sell THEIR car for?

Comment

I agree. Shit happens, and you may find yourself in a situation which requires you regain the $ that you spent on a toy. At the end of the day, it ultimately his car, and if there’s someone else willing to pay him the $ that he wants/needs, so be it.

Comment

I am not trying to dictate anything. Just that a car that has such wonderful history should be preserved. That’s all. I have watched people buy and sell cars all day. This one is just different.

Comment

If you want to preserve its history then buy it yourself and preserve it. Posting here and on s14 face group shitting on someone’s for sale ad is a dick move. It’s his car and he can do whatever he wants with it, even burn it if he wants. Buy it and preserve it otherwise stay out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Genius View Post
            If you want to preserve its history then buy it yourself and preserve it. Posting here and on s14 face group shitting on someone’s for sale ad is a dick move. It’s his car and he can do whatever he wants with it, even burn it if he wants. Buy it and preserve it otherwise stay out of it.
            edited. I am not going to argue with someone who clearly doesn’t get it. Good luck to you genius.

Comment

Some context might help. I don't know anything about this car and I'm trying to understand why you assume we all would.
              What is the backstory? Why is it called 10Brooks? Why does it have such sentimental value? What was this promise the buyer made?....

Comment

Here’s the story:

https://badgerbimmers.org/the-story-of-10-brooks/

Comment

With due respect to the OP, that reads like a very ordinary M3 purchase story. I still don't understand what makes this car special. I'm genuinely curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                    With due respect to the OP, that reads like a very ordinary M3 purchase story. I still don't understand what makes this car special. I'm genuinely curious.
                    This may help . . .

https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...-car-10-brooks
                    1990 M3

Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your M3

Comment

Agreed. My E30 is also very special for me, but that doesn’t add any special value for someone else. We measure the value of a car with dollars, and every car out there has a price, no matter how special. Ultimately, every car is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it, no matter how “special”. Also, if someone is willing to buy the car, the history of the car just continues, it doesn’t suddenly lose its “special quality”

Comment

This whole post makes no sense whatsoever, sentimental values are personal, and once you sell the car your sentimental value are gone and became $$ sign for the buyer.

Comment

I shouldn’t have posted and just moved on, I agree. Mods please delete my rant. Thanks

Comment

Nothing wrong with the rant. I’d be irritated too. If nothing else you’re giving the buyer another potential data point prior to handing over any money.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                              Hey Mick,
                              The biggest part of the story that seems to not be making it to the surface is 10Brooks was Richard John's car (one of his 2 E30M3s).
                              You may remember Richard from the SIG.
                              He was genuinely loved by everyone he came in contact with. I shamelessly can say I loved him. I carry a small piece of the "do rag" that he wore under his helmet in each of my E30M3s hidden under the seat upholstery.
                              He passed away after a very courageous battle with cancer. Many of us were gutted. Honestly I can say that there isnt a track day that I slide into my car that I dont think of Richard or Geoff Atkinson.
                              Many people who knew and loved Richard hold a very high (and somewhat irrationally emotional) regard for that car, mainly as its a sentimental link to Richard.
                              Unless you knew him personally, were instructed by him, instructed along side him and / or drove with him on track none of this story of this particular car would or should mean anything to anyone. I'm sure the current owner (seller) didnt know Richard, nor care about the car's past. Its just a car he's flipping.

I"m still kind of surprised it actually ever sold outside the Tarheel circle, I always expected it to stay inside that circle of people.
                              Once out in the open, past the geographic area where Richards close friends were it became just any other nice, well cared for Lachsilber E30M3 to be flipped for profit.
                              Last edited by jimmy p.; 10-03-2021, 04:51 PM.
                              jimmy p.
                              87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                              88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
                              88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
                              92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
                              98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
                              04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Working...
                              X