WTB: E30 M3 in NY - Tristate area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: E30 M3 in NY - Tristate area

Im looking for a BMW E30 M3 in good condition. Looking for a local buy in NY or the surrounding TriState Area.
    PeTe
    Currently looking for and wanting to learn about the BMW E30 M3

I'll respond to your post in the Maxx NY/NJ tune thread here since it's more relevant. There is not a clear mileage to price correlation in these cars like that is in newer cars. It's more about the overall condition of the car, it's records, history, paint, VIN #s, mods, etc. 9k for a 12x,000 mile car is probably resonable. That is considered low mileage for a 17-18 year old car and you probably won't need a rebuild. A total rebuild will cost lots of $, more than you want to spend (~15k). From what I've seen, most bottom ends will last until a rod is spun at the track. I honestly can't remember an engine that has has spun a bearing or broken a timing chain or thrown a rod or lost compression when driven on the street, though I'm sure it's happened. Usually the head gets worn around 150-180k and will benefit from a rebuild. Good luck with the sale and PM any questions you want.

EDIT: I didn't put that smiley in the header and can't get rid of it
    Last edited by AlpineRunner; 01-11-2006, 04:40 PM.
    "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

mine is up for sale 88 white/black 83k miles. you can contact me at popiojesus@aol.com for info.
      -drew
      When life passes you by...just downshift.

Comment

Working...
      X