X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ///Mflossin
    • 22, 9, 2004

PFS: 1988 e30 M3 2.5 Lachssilber

As mentioned previously, I regrettably am looking to part with my favorite material possession to finance a home addition. This car is well sorted if I do say so myself and here are the specifications off the top of my head...I may forget some things:
    Clean CarFax , VIN WBSAK0305J2197353 , mileage 143,XXX
    2.5 COMPLETE motor rebuild. Machinist was/is Dave from AutoMachine in So.Windsor, CT. He bored/honed the block after boiling using a street style hone (best for this application) using a VAC torque plate. The bottom end, along with many other OEM BMW parts were purchased from TMS. Dave assembled the bottom end and balanced it. It uses PAUTER MACHINE rods with wiseco pistons and all ARP fasteners. He then boiled and prepared the head with 3AVJ, seats, evo springs etc. He port matched the inlets while opening them a bit in the back....nice job, he did. I replaced every sprocket, seal, clip, ring, retainer etc. ALL new shims for the fresh 264 E2 cams.
    Markus BBS RS (Nogaro Centers)
    New Starter
    New Alternator
    New cap, rotor, plugs, wires
    new coil
    New fuel rail (custom) and Aeromotive AFPR. Black braided fuel lines etc.
    SPAL electric fan with custom brackets
    New hoses, gaskets etc.
    New ECU
    Alpha N
    VSR Center Section with Borla muffler.
    WBO2 bung installed in center section with TE unit and LA1 readout on steering column.
    Fuel pressure gauge (electrical)
    Oil pressure gauge (electrical)
    New struts, springs
    rebuilt and painter calipers X4 with all braides stainless lines, valves, caps, pads etc
    new bearings

Really just too much to list and WAY too much invested into this car if that's possbile. :ha:

I should not forget my fantastic paint job....everything but the door jambs were completed. The paint job and all of the new seals, rubber, glass, lights, lenses, stickers, clips, rivets etc ALONE cost me $14,000. I haven't counted the motor receipts but I'll be GENEROUS and say that it cost me around $8,000.

My asking price is $24K/negotiable to a prospect that I like. :wee: Please contact me at greenstargoATcomcast.net on weekends and john.greenATpw.utc.com during the week. Thanks.

Here are some pictures. Hundreds more where these came from:

• AlpineRunner
    • 6, 9, 2003

Insane, I can never get over how clean that car is!!
    "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

• needle332rur
      • 18, 10, 2005

This looks to be one of the nicest e30 m3's state side that I have ever seen!

www.Sports-car-restoration.com

Comment

• ///Mflossin
        • 22, 9, 2004

Thanks for the kind words guys. I have 2 people who really seem to be interested in the car at this point but we'll see what happens.

I just got done changing the oil in old winter beater....god am I going to hate driving that thing around for the next year or two. Transmission is going in next week. :music:

Motor is tight though and hey....where the hell am I going to find another truck for $800?

Oh well....and so the story goes. Life is full of compromise and sacrifice. :chug:

Comment

• JEDM3
          gearhead
          • 20, 12, 2002

:cry: :cry: :cry: :surprised :surprised :surprised
          I am sorry to hear that you are selling the car John. I wish you well in your addition. After all the hard work and $$$$$ to sell it now is tough. I do understand but also hope that you have another toy to let off steam with. Gotta have that with kids...
          Good luck with it,
          John
          88M3 henna

73T100C
          97 540\6-Gone
          2008 MINI Clubman S

Comment

• 88MPOWER
            Registered
            • 16, 9, 2006

wow that is amazing.

Comment

• ///Mflossin
              • 22, 9, 2004

I have been lobbying the wife for almost 2 weeks now. Hopefully I can convince her that I NEED the car. It's sort of crazy because almost everybody at work...the first thing they ask me is, "How's the car?" They know how passionate I am about it (along with the money that I have into it) and they won't believe me if I tell them it's gone. If I can convince her to let me keep it while adding to the house then it'll be a MAJOR miracle but if it happens...my next mod is a a FG airbox from JEDM3!!

Comment

• AlpineRunner
                • 6, 9, 2003

hmmm, I'm thinking that if you get to keep the car you should hold off on the mods for a while, haha
                "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

• edvaracing
                  ::member::
                  • 30, 10, 2006

I'm going to shoot myself in the head !!!! I'm selling mine too, moving back to Europe.
                  Beemer Fever :taz:

Comment

• Jake
                    Super Moderator
                    • 9, 9, 2003

Awh man. :( I would have jumped on this 3 months ago. Fak! Very nice M3 John.

Jake

Comment

• needle332rur
                      • 18, 10, 2005

Originally posted by ///Mflossin View Post
                      I have been lobbying the wife for almost 2 weeks now. Hopefully I can convince her that I NEED the car. It's sort of crazy because almost everybody at work...the first thing they ask me is, "How's the car?" They know how passionate I am about it (along with the money that I have into it) and they won't believe me if I tell them it's gone. If I can convince her to let me keep it while adding to the house then it'll be a MAJOR miracle but if it happens...my next mod is a a FG airbox from JEDM3!!
                      I have to say with the amount of work and quality of it that you should keep this car. Not to say that you other family needs are not important but its throwing a lot of money away and your not going to find a car as nice as what you have made anywhere in the future. I would talk to your wife and try to keep the car just stop putting so much money into it for a while.

just keep it!

www.Sports-car-restoration.com

Comment

• ///Mflossin
                        • 22, 9, 2004

OK....I have drawn the line and made the decision. The car IS for sale and it is for sale right NOW. The first person to bring me the check/cash gets the car. I have been trying to be as diplomatic as possible in regards to giving everybody a fair shot so, this is the starting gun. I am not going to try to fool anybody so here's the skinny on the sale. I am selling the car for $24K but will likely go down to $22K or somewhere in between. Good luck and I hope to hear from you guys soon.

P.S. Please check my gallery for some additional photos.

Comment

• Audio4u
                          Registered
                          • 3, 6, 2003

Mflossin,

Car is absolutly awesome, but money from the bank on a home remodel is so cheap. I do not know you finances but the car is to nice to sell.

Tyler
                          http://www.europeanplates.com S14.net 10% Code: s14

http://www.europeanplates.net Build and Preview plates

Comment

• ///Mflossin
                            • 22, 9, 2004

Tyler,
                            Yes...bank money is very cheap but our taste is a little high for addition. I want to do it once and right so I'm probably spending about $25K or so more than what was originally intended to do it up the way we want. I have crunched many numbers and scenario's and, unfortunately, the best one comes out with the car gone. :music:

My boss nearly fell out of his chair this a.m. when I mentioned that I was selling the car but he knows what I want to do with the house and he "sort of " understands my insanity.

Comment

• Audio4u
                              Registered
                              • 3, 6, 2003

I understand that! My budget doubled on my remodel and parts of it are still not complete. I wish I would have pulled out more money at the time. Best of luck for sure, if you need any help in the Audio/Video stuff let me know.

Tyler
                              http://www.europeanplates.com S14.net 10% Code: s14

http://www.europeanplates.net Build and Preview plates

Comment

Working...
                              X