Wtb E30 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtb E30 M3

Hi all, I just signed up to S14, so I don't own an M3 yet, but am looking. I am looking for any E30 M3 so (1988-1991) in any color, and any mileage. Preferably little or no rust, and running. My ideal price would be in the $5000-$6000 range , but it can change depending on the condition of the car (nothing over $10 000 please). I live in Calgary AB, but am coming to Dallas TX in late December, so any car around those areas would be nice(I might be able to buy from another location so don't hesitate if it's somewhere else). You can email me at sidhushaun20(at)gmail.com

Thanks in advance, and I hope to find my dream car soon!!

Shaun
    Last edited by Shaun; 11-21-2007, 12:57 PM.

Shaun... first off.. welcome to the board....

Second... come on down to TX.... we have a great group of owners in Dallas!

Third... send me PM so you can join our local DFW yahoo group.

Fourth... we have an owner in the DFW area with a Diamantschwartz car, but it needs some work on the motor.. possibly could be an issue with the rings.. he's been on the fence about selling the car.... but would be under 10K ....
    Mark Williams
    Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

Hi all! I was just wondering do you think my price is set right for the condition of car I am trying to buy? (and I thought it would bump my post at the same time)

Thanks in advance
      Shaun

Comment

Welcome,
        Smart move to look in the US for a car cause anything around here in Canada
        is a little expensive, Im my opinion i would set between 10-14k for a decent car, But there have been a few that went way cheaper, but its your luck and timing,
        good luck on your future find.
        -Tony-
        1991 M3 10Km
        1989 M3
        BEGINS HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun View Post
          Hi all! I was just wondering do you think my price is set right for the condition of car I am trying to buy? (and I thought it would bump my post at the same time)

Thanks in advance
          Shaun
          Shaun,

Welcome!
          I think your budget is a tad low. I'd personally look more towards being ready to spend closer to your $10k top... something closer to 8-9k for what you'd like. Especially if you plan on driving the car back to AB.

I'd also caution you to not jump on the first good looking deal that comes along. It might spin around and be a worse deal than initially thought.

Cheers!
          Chris
          Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Hell I will spend 30k for the car I want but can not find it ! Good luck ! :shit:

Comment

Originally posted by ERICZ View Post
              Hell I will spend 30k for the car I want but can not find it ! Good luck ! :shit:
              Eric,

Did you ever speak to Mario about the white car?

Best,
              Chris
              Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

I did ask him for details .

Comment

Welcome my fellow Albertan...
                  like everyone said, your budget might be a tad low.
                  for that price range you might ended up spending
                  more to just get it going or meet your liking which is always
                  the case..
                  but you never know, you might find one. good luck
                  I'll keep my eyes open for you. like Tony said..
                  you're on the right track on finding one in the US.
                  Good luck bud!

ps. if you get one..stay intouch, we'll have a 2nd annual mtn. cruise
                  on summer 2008.:drive:
                  :chug:
                  Ogi
                  :burn:RED DRAGON

Comment

there's a few in here but the lowest price is 8K
                    have a look.
                    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1196302872847
                    :burn:RED DRAGON

Comment

Thanks everyone for your responses! See paint and cosmetics not a huge deal with me because I will most likely change something, but I enjoy fixing cars so a less then perfect cars is good for me, gives me a project.(Also I don't feel as bad because I am not taking a genuine M3 of the streets but putting one back) So please stay alert and notify me if you see a good deal.

Thanks again
                      Shaun

Comment

Hi everyone, I am still looking for a car, and I might have found one (key word might). I was just looking throught the car sites and came across this car on ebay. If the price stays like this for the next 3 days I might just put a bid down on it, but if anyone knows any history on the car or if someone with a carfax can run the vin (I apologize to the admins if this is againt fourm rules, and please remove this if it is) It would be very nice. Heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...em160207558632

Thanks
                        Last edited by Shaun; 02-11-2008, 05:06 PM.

Comment

The car sounds a little questionable to me. Not to mention the things that still need to be addressed. You will probably need to sink a considerable amount of money to have the car working and looking correctly. Save up your money and get the best you can afford. You may like working on your own cars, but parts for these cars are not cheap.

Comment

I found a car locally that I am going to check out. I just need some advice on it so I will give a brief description on it. The engine has 110 000 miles on it and no rebuild. The car was being prepped for paint so right now it is in primer, and the hood got stolen or something so if anyone knows how much a new one would cost please let me know. Theres no rust and mostly everything is there, and it has a clean title. The thing that concerns me slightly is the radiator support needs to be replace, and I've never done that so could someone enlighten me on the difficulty. So if I could get some feedback on price range or just comments that would be very helpful. When I go to check it out I will post some pics.

Thanks
                            Last edited by Shaun; 02-18-2008, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Couple of points;
                              1) Any ole E30 hood will work
                              2) you can use an early E30 core supt wiht a little modification, much cheaper than the M3 one. Thanks to Lee for that tip
                              3) Buying a car in primer is like buying a pig in a poke...buyer beware. Be very ware.
                              What??? an E30 M3 for sale??? I'll be right there!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X