Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: E30 M3 in so.cali area

Hello all.

Been on here a while browsing forums, soaking up all the information S14.net has to offer. Ok, maybe not ALL the information but I try. And I've finally sold my car to buy an E30, so this dream might finally become a reality.

Realistically, I'll have a budget of $9-10k and I'm looking for a reliable daily driver. Garage queens and weekend cars need not apply: I'll just de-value the car. I have no preference in colour, although at this car's age, black will probably not have aged very well so that's my least favourite.

Also looking for something fairly clean as far as mods go. The closer to stock, the better I suppose except for the E36 chain tensioner and maybe some suspension work. Along with the usuals like leaks and rust. Although is the rust problem much of an issue in southern Cali?

So that's that. Hopefully I can find one and join the brotherhood, finally. I've seen a few nice examples come through here so let's see what i can find

Thank you all in advance, Patrick.
    "Nothing in the world is accomplished
    without passion."

Realistically, you'll need about 5K more $$ to get what you're looking for. You may be able to find a beat up M3 for $10K, but you'll spend 5K on parts and maintenance needed to get it ready to be a reliable daily driver. I would suggest you save up a bit more $$ and buy one in the $13K-15K range. There's a few on Autotrader now, some on ebay, and of course keep an eye on this section. Good luck with the search
    Terrance

Comment

I have one for sale next month for $13k. Original panels, Red on Black. 168k miles. Head been rebuilt and new rod bearings, list goes on and on and on. Car is very strong. Needs nothing but paint.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I guess I could stretch another $4-5k. Contact info? I'd like to see this sometime.
        without passion."

Comment

Patrick, You'll find some in So Ca but don't limit your search. During the last 4 mos. or so, their have been @ 6-8 for sale in CA/WA/OR/NV/AZ. Watch this board closely, many change hands that are not ever "officially" for sale.

Good Luck!!

Jack
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cactusjacks1 View Post
            Patrick, You'll find some in So Ca but don't limit your search. During the last 4 mos. or so, their have been @ 6-8 for sale in CA/WA/OR/NV/AZ. Watch this board closely, many change hands that are not ever "officially" for sale.

Good Luck!!

Jack

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. Local would be better/easier. And the southern states would be preferrable. But is the rust problem only an issue in the northern areas, or are all M3s affected?
            without passion."

Comment

man my car just left socal, but im thinking about selling it. im in iraq right now, and ill be here about a year. the car is in texas though. i would let it ride for 11500, but its got 185k, clean as hell besides the fact its high mileage. cars in texas though.

Comment

Originally posted by 88M3ofDoom View Post
                man my car just left socal, but im thinking about selling it. im in iraq right now, and ill be here about a year. the car is in texas though. i would let it ride for 11500, but its got 185k, clean as hell besides the fact its high mileage. cars in texas though.
                Keeping all options open at this point. Please e-mail pics to [email protected]
                without passion."

Comment

Still searching...
                  without passion."

Comment

Originally posted by fantasticfour View Post
                    Realistically, I'll have a budget of $9-10k and I'm looking for a reliable daily driver...
                    That's exactly how I felt when I was deliverying pizzas at Domino's when I saw new E30M3s in the early 90's!

Had a used VW Scirocco 8V with leaking steering rack then... life was a lot more simple.

Comment

Sorta OT question for you folks with clean E30s. Did you buy them like that or did it take some work?

I'm considering this one right now that could use a little paint/bodywork, just not sure if I should pass or not. Otherwise, the car looks pretty good with some decent mods and drives well.
                      without passion."

Comment

Still searching, but found this on Roadfly in Seattle, just wondering why it hasn't been picked up yet. Am I missing something? cause I'd stretch my budget for something that looks pretty decent. Too many mods maybe?

http://www.roadfly.com/bmw/classifie...8&sortby=&dir=
                        without passion."

Comment

Still searching, but found this on Roadfly in Seattle, just wondering why it hasn't been picked up yet. Am I missing something? cause I'd stretch my budget for something that looks pretty decent. Too many mods maybe?

http://www.roadfly.com/bmw/classifie...8&sortby=&dir=
                          OK, I'll bite... HTH :headspin:

The car linked above from the roadly ad has this vin - WBSAK0304J2197991

It was ebay'd :ebay: in August 2007 and there were no bids at $10,900

The description reads as follows:

RD Chip, Borla, Reringed pistons, 3 Angle Valve job, all gaskets, Bilsteins, ST springs, Sparco, New Control arms, Control arm bushings, SS lines, ATE Super blue, EVO hood seals, Sparco Torino 2 Seals, Momo Steering Wheel

1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
                          1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
                          1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

Gotcha. So, this is NOT worth $10, much less the $15k asking price. Someone clue in a noob here; what does a $10k E30 look like and what does a $15K E30 look like? Lol!
                            without passion."

Comment

Gotcha. So, this is NOT worth $10, much less the $15k asking price. Someone clue in a noob here; what does a $10k E30 look like and what does a $15K E30 look like? Lol!
                              No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm only providing what information I have regarding any history I have regarding the vin via Ebay or Roundel classifieds history.

It is up to you to decide what any car is worth. It's only worth what you think it's worth. :chug:

In fact, I just overpaid - IMO - for a car last Friday. But I was chasing that color for the last 7 years! The car is not MINT, but there's nothing that I can't fix or have fixed :mat: More on that one later :gotcha:
                              1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
                              1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
                              1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

Working...
                              X