Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the car looks quite nice but is overpriced given that it has over 150k miles and the maintenance a new owner will face in short- to medium-term:

* Buyer will have engine work in his future, although stated compression numbers appear to be fine (maybe cylinder 4 just needs an exhaust valve adjustment)
    * The transmission needs work
    * Brake light and muffler issues may need to be addressed immediately just to pass state inspection
    * Fair paint condition in a unique color (I like color but it reduces the number of potential buyers competing for this car; i.e. lowers value)
    * Fair interior - Ok for a car with over 150k miles but the dash is cracked and the seats are well worn

Anyways, best of luck with the sale...these E30s are still selling like hotcakes!

Comment

I decided to go ahead and join in anticipation of picking it up Bill. I look forward to hearing more from you in emails. I won't be able to make it down this weekend (database work on saturday, and VIR on sunday) but if all goes to plan I should have everything needed for next saturday/sunday for pickup and payment.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by 1fastcosmo View Post
      might try ebay,i think the color change is the only reason it hasnt sold
      to me that's really the only negative, i've never been a huge fan of green, but I have been casually looking for an e30 m3 project and this one falls into my criteria.. albeit the color. I could get used to it, or possibly get it changed back eventually.

When I ran a carfax report it appears it was in a minor accident in 2003, and I can only guess the color change happened then.
      Last edited by arakele; 04-09-2008, 06:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      06 325i | 90 535iM | 90 M3

BMWCCA# 358642

Comment

That's interesting. I have an equifax report from when I bought it (the guy I bought it from said it was the same as carfax), and it shows nothing. I always wondered why the color was changed. For what it's worth, it's a nice color and it's grown on me. I've got a picture here of a Swedish hotrod m3 in the same color that I use for inspiration.

Comment

I have it as a PDF if you want it Bill, even if our deal falls through (I don't see it at this point though) you can use it for your cause.

BMWCCA# 358642

Comment

Sure, that would be great.

Comment

"Anyways, best of luck with the sale...these E30s are still selling like hotcakes!"

Agree.......
              Snooz you loose..........:ha:

Comment

hmm...andrew, did you buy this?!:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by ncbimma View Post
                  hmm...andrew, did you buy this?!:cool:
                  Bill should have the money in hand between next Wednesday to next Saturday... should give me a week to get her cleaned up for the meet..

Then it will be time to sell the e90 and hopefully the e34. (if it was nicer I may be able to talk bill into buying it.. but once he sees it I know he will pass.. :hee:

BMWCCA# 358642

Comment

SOLD!!!

Thanks Bill..

It was a nice 4 hour drive home, I adjusted the idle when I got home. No issues at all. The AC was a lot better than you thought. And other than a few odds and ends for maintenance/wear and tear items, everything should be fine!

BMWCCA# 358642

Comment

Working...
                    X