Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any thoughts on this NC car posted on roadfly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any thoughts on this NC car posted on roadfly?

I was thinking about doing a roadtrip to NC to see this M3 and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or opinions to share:

http://www.roadfly.com/bmw/classifie...2&sortby=&dir=

Thanks,

S

SPreston,

The car your asking about was Ebay'd twice in June '06 & July '06.

At that time, the car had 191,954 miles on it.

The Ebay description read: :ebay:

Full Repaint, Oil baffle pan, Bilstein, H&R, Behr Heater Core, Sachs Clutch, Ireland Sway bar, Reinforced Sway bar mounts, Urethane Bushings, Ireland Adjustable Endlinks, Ireland Shock Tower Reinforcements, Steel Strut Bar, UUC short Shift kit, Evo 3 Rotars, E28 Transmission mounts, E34 M5 Throttle Body gaskets, Dinan chip, SS brake lines, Evo 3 airbox, Lots of new parts, and old parts

I'd suggest you invest in carfax since ALOT of these E30 M3s have issues with either the titles or mileage. :2c: It will save you some time in your search - you'll know which cars not to waste your time on. Or if you decide to pursue such a car, you'll have an understanding of its history
    1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
    1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
    1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

LJames is our very own E30 M3 database! This should save people a lot of time and headaches.

Comment

Originally posted by chutrain View Post
        LJames is our very own E30 M3 database! This should save people a lot of time and headaches.
        That is the Truth!!!
        Specializing in late model M-Cars
        Visit us at: www.EnthusiastAuto.com

Comment

Thanks L James (again)

Thanks for the intelligence L James; you have saved me, and others from the board, from wasting a lot of time and effort on scams.

After over a year of researching these cars, I continue to be flabbergasted by the sheer quantity of sellers trying to deceive with "adjusted" odometers, untold accidental histories and shady titles.

The strange thing is that I have encountered a lot of scammers who initially appear to be credible sellers, seemingly knowledgeable and passionate about their E30s based on email and long phone discussions.

Thanks to s14 searches and inquiries, carfax and simple visual/driving impressions, the lemons tend to become obvious, but the process as you know can be painful and time-consuming. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
          X