X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS D-mod Race Car

Sad day but purchased another race car. Attached are the details:

1988 E30 M3 Race Car
    -Evo II 2.5 spec motor built by Korman, balanced and blueprinted (http://www.kormanfastbmw.com/e30m3eng.htm)
    -48 mm throttle bodies with larger horns
    -Custom made cold air accumulator box with K&N racing filter
    -Group A 2 piece stainless steel header
    -Custom ECU chip by Active Autowerks after extensive dyno runs
    -Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
    -Lightened Motorsport flywheel and racing clutch
    -Short Shift Kit (great shifter)
    -M5 oil cooler
    -Group N Motorsport racing suspension with custom valved Bilsteins
    -Ground Control adjustable camber plates
    -Rear subframe with new Powerflex bushings
    -Rear weld-in camber and toe adjustments (Bimmerworld kit)
    -Brake bias adjuster
    -Stainless steel brake lines
    -Carbotech pads all around with Tuner original M spec rotors
    -Custom dash with panel with oil pressure, water temp, & air/fuel gages
    -Idoit lights above dash for low fuel and oil pressure
    -Fuel safe fuel cell with twin external Holley pumps to accumulator
    -Fire suppression system with 3 heads (engine, passenger compartment, fuel cell area)
    -M vented differential cover
    -4.45 LSD rear end
    -Full custom welded cage with Nascar Bars
    -Korman brake ducts
    -Battery Kill Switch, wired for radio, hot lap timer
    -Gel sealed battery
    -Recent corner weight and race alignment
    -Best part for last - Evo 3 steering wheel

Past history - Converted to race car in 2002. In early 2000, the car was completly overhauled by Korman with receipts of over $30k. In 2002, the part time track car was converted to a full race car and only raced sparing since. I purchased in early 2006 from original owner and have had nothing but good luck with it (no DNFs). The car is meticulously maintained by professional shop. Recent compression and leakdown test performed and found no issues. Fresh redline fluid in trans & diff. Mobil 1 synthetic after every 2 races. The diamond schwartz paint in very good condition. Front fenders are fiberglass so show some stress cracks. Evo spoiler needs to be repainted. Prior to purchase, the hood will be replaced with replacement hood painted diamond schwartz (existing painted graphics). For a race car, the paint looks very good. Have title in hand. Comes with (2) sets of wheels and used Hoosiers (15" x 8" - Kosei and Revolution). Looking for $22.5k for turn key race car (current BMW logbook, 2004 SCCA logbook, 2007 NASA logbook).

Hopefully picture link will work. Please give me a call at 336-340-1355 if there are any questions.

http://www.ritzpix.com/net/Albums/Li...1438C1A33B6D16

How did you do in class (sounds like you ran NASA GTS also)? Any track times at CMP or VIR? What is the weight of the car? Which cams are you running 284/276 or 292/284? When was the car ran last? Which shop maintained the car?
    Thanks.
    NASA GTS4/BMWCCA CM #312
    Originally a 318, but looks a lot like an M3 now - can I be included? :Jake:

Comment

I did not run GTS. Never run with NASA beside comp license races. It think it would be fairly competitve in GT2. Track time without stickered Hoosiers and average driver - VIR in April BMW CCA club race - 2:18.2 for full course - Ended up second in DM in the enduro. CMP CCA club race in February - 1:49.9 or so. At Roebling, 1:22.9 and Road Atlanta at 1:44.5. The weight is 2530 pounds with full tank. Running Evo 2 cams (264 duration). LMA in Frankville did chassis setup in April (www.lnaenterprises.com) and Murray Imports in Greensboro takes care of the rest.

Comment

2.18 is a little slow for VIR in DM, leaders were running sub 2:10s at the last race. Were you not pushing the car?
        NASA GTS4/BMWCCA CM #312

Comment

Originally posted by ukrbmw View Post
          2.18 is a little slow for VIR in DM, leaders were running sub 2:10s at the last race. Were you not pushing the car?
          them's fightin words... [yeahok]

the seller indicated average driver... which indicates he does not consider himself a top racer... not to mention there are TONS of things the car lacks that other cars could be using.. consider the car " D-Mod lite.. "

CF intake
          Aftermarket EMS
          cams - competitors could be using motorsport cams or anyhting up to Schrick 320/308
          CR gearbox or Grp A gearbox
          owner may not be running on the fastest tires
          car have full lexan
          other lighweight body panels - hood

I am sure there is more I left out... :blah:
          Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 06-03-2008, 09:49 AM.
          Mark Williams
          Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

I like to take it easy on my fellow BMW CCA club racers. I am out there just to make them feel better about themselves. LOL!

ukrbmw - What is your best time at VIR full (make and model please)?

M3 Adjuster - You are right. There is a bunch of more stuff that can be done to get up front in D-Mod (cams, EFI, CR gearbox, stickered Hoosiers, weight reduction, etc.). Money equals speed. Because a lot of D-mods are so tightly tuned, there is a lot of attrition. Tortoise and the hair.

Anyhow, it is a very safe and reasonably fast racecar. The best part is the reliability. I still have a 944 turbo and run it occassionaly. This is a lot better car in handling, power, etc. and has a lot less issues. Made for racing.

Comment

LOL, BTF... I've spent plenty of times trading laps with 944 and 951 variants in my own D-Mod lite car... .. Fun! I've never had my car completely stripped interior wise so have been pulled on the straights but have definitely had an advantage in the corners to allow me to get by! :-)

Urk... key thing is this looks to be a great head start on club racing.. turn key as it were... Already has a log book and all the safety equipment installed so car is ready to go.... one could spend several thousand just getting a lesser car race ready! If you are a better driver than BTF, then you might be a front runner out of the box.. if not, then the car is reasonably sorted, ready to run NOW, and any number of things can be done to pick up that couple of seconds.. Certainly a serious set of cams (check what pistons are in the engine) or a gearbox upgrade would be what I would do.
              Mark Williams
              Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

I know and I wasn't trying to insult the owner, it was a completely honest question. I run 2.21s around VIR in a SPEC E30, that weighs 2854 and has about a 100 hp less than this car.

I'm looking to move up, hence my question to the seller.
                NASA GTS4/BMWCCA CM #312

Comment

Is this still for sale?

Comment

Still for sale. Just repainted the front fenders, spoiler, and EVO 2 lip. The car looks great! Also just replaced the water pump. Please give me a call or send a PM if you would like further details/pictures.

Comment

The car is sold. Thanks Don.

Comment

Working...
                      X