Clear All

• 1991 M3 S14 Powertrain

Package Includes:

-Engine
    -Stock ECU
    -Clutch
    -Tranny
    -SWAP ready package

This is a stout racing engine...that being said still a completely bone stock runner at 200HP. Powertrain has been very well maintained and updated accordingly. It has run nothing but Amsoil/BMW synthetic fluids run through it that have been changed every other race weekend.

Engine was completely rebuilt and prepared for racing 2 1/2 years ago with a complete new car build by a very well respected race engine builder that charges big $$$. At the end of the season when we replaced the tranny and clutch we had the engine gone through completely and completely tuned and tightnened...and it was found to be perfect. Clutch and tranny were replaced less than a year ago with less than 25 hours on them since, and working flawlessly today in the car.

Our other 3 cars run built E30 325 engines and we will be stocking spares accordingly, and having only one S14 just complicates things. No other reason for the sale, the engine is fresh, the tranny clutch are updated recently and the package has three championships in two years! The engine will rev like crazy, but rarely, if ever gets within 1000 rpm of the redline...

$6,000 OBO.

Please email or call...no PM's as I check very rarely.

Jason
    thekartshop at hotmail.com
    226-668-1170
    Jason
    226-668-1170
    thekartshop at hotmail dot com

It is $6,000 OBO...I know I wont get that proabably but I would like to eliminate some lowballers and kids that can't afford this package...MAKE A REASONABLE OFFER and w'ell see as I found what I want to buy to replace it!

I have been told my asking price is not really that far off by people who know the package.
    Jason
    226-668-1170

Comment

Swap?

I have a race exhaust that can be included as well, basically a straight loud pipe!

$5,000 OBO, everything you need to swap is included!
      Jason
      226-668-1170

Comment

$4,750 OBO, nothing wrong with this powertrain, woukd be great for a race car or daily driver...dont be afraid because it has been raced, this s14 gets new fluids every weekend and gets 10X more maintenance than any daily driver.

The ECU apparently has the Dinan flash on it, or chipped...whatever it is?

Please call with questions...226-668-1170.
        Last edited by legger; 08-26-2008, 03:55 AM.
        Jason
        226-668-1170

Comment

Where in ca are you? Nice deal!
          1991 E30 M3 Diamondschwartz S50B32
          1998 E36 M3 Turbo Sedan Six speed
          CLK63 BS

Comment

s14

Car is one hour outside Toronto...maybe closer depending on when I am swapping the 6 cylinder into the race car.

This engine is a steal for someone to SWAP...

Cell: 226-668-1170
            Last edited by legger; 08-28-2008, 04:50 AM.
            Jason
            226-668-1170

Comment

can you post specs of this motor?
              is it drysump? 2.5L?
              transmission specs? Dogleg 5-speed?
              1989 M3 cinnabar red/black
              2001 540i 6 speed titanium silver/black

Comment

Originally posted by //M-POWERD View Post
                can you post specs of this motor?
                is it drysump? 2.5L?
                transmission specs? Dogleg 5-speed?
                :huh:reading is fundamental but if i can buy a dry sump 2.5 with a dog leg please lead me there id like to buy a few haha
                Originally posted by legger View Post
                Package Includes:

-Engine
                -Stock ECU
                -Clutch
                -Tranny
                -SWAP ready package

This is a stout racing engine...that being said still a completely bone stock runner at 200HP. Powertrain has been very well maintained and updated accordingly. It has run nothing but Amsoil/BMW synthetic fluids run through it that have been changed every other race weekend.

Engine was completely rebuilt and prepared for racing 2 1/2 years ago with a complete new car build by a very well respected race engine builder that charges big $$$. At the end of the season when we replaced the tranny and clutch we had the engine gone through completely and completely tuned and tightnened...and it was found to be perfect. Clutch and tranny were replaced less than a year ago with less than 25 hours on them since, and working flawlessly today in the car.

Our other 3 cars run built E30 325 engines and we will be stocking spares accordingly, and having only one S14 just complicates things. No other reason for the sale, the engine is fresh, the tranny clutch are updated recently and the package has three championships in two years! The engine will rev like crazy, but rarely, if ever gets within 1000 rpm of the redline...

$6,000 OBO.

Please email or call...no PM's as I check very rarely.

Jason
                thekartshop at hotmail.com
                226-668-1170
                I have negative feedback on several forums, DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH ME!!!

Comment

some people are just very humble.
                  It could be a stock spec 2.5...
                  one time I was in an instructors e36 m3 that must have had 290whp
                  and he said its all stock!
                  1989 M3 cinnabar red/black
                  2001 540i 6 speed titanium silver/black

Comment

Originally posted by //M-POWERD View Post
                    some people are just very humble.
                    It could be a stock spec 2.5...
                    one time I was in an instructors e36 m3 that must have had 290whp
                    and he said its all stock!
                    well it says stock and the price id say its a stock displacement 2.3.Also I highly doubt his car had 290 n/a rwhp.best of luck on your search though
                    Last edited by 1fastcosmo; 08-28-2008, 06:29 PM.
                    I have negative feedback on several forums, DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH ME!!!

Comment

It is stock, 2.3L, it has a Dianan chip and a race exhaust, no cats or mufflers.

The tranny is stock, Getrag 265 I think?... with a stock type clutch.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Potential Pending Part out...

I could potentially have interest in seperating the tranny,clutch, and harness if there is sufficient interest...I may have a party interested in just the longblock and ECU.

Let me know ASAP.
                      Last edited by legger; 09-03-2008, 07:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      Jason
                      226-668-1170

Comment

Updated Description...

Full package would include:

-Engine
                        -Stock ECU with Dinan
                        -Newer Clutch and Lightened Flywheel
                        -5 Spd Tranny
                        -SWAP ready package with harness
                        -Real loud race exhaust (and ugly)

To those that wonderred...shift lights are set at 6500 for green, and 6700 for yellow, and 7000 for redline. (at Mosport where it races mostly it never needs to get close to the redline...)

$4,750 OBO.
                        Last edited by legger; 09-15-2008, 04:37 AM.
                        Jason
                        226-668-1170

Comment

Considerring a part out as well...let me know.
                          Jason
                          226-668-1170

Comment

Throttle bodies

Let me know if you want to sell the throttle bodies.

Comment

still available?

Real M3s have 4 Cylinders

Comment

Working...
                              X