FS: 1989 white m3 71k Near perfect w/mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 1989 white m3 71k Near perfect w/mods

Well, I hate to do this but I have a great opportunity to to buy a Dinan E46 S3 for a song and between that and my wife hassling me about a car that NEVER gets driven, it has come time to part with the E30 M3.

Here is a quick run down, I would be happy to email a complete list of history and parts added upon request.

EVO III splitter below the EVO II spoiler. EVO hood gaskets were installed for and aft. A brand new extra set of EVO gaskets included.
    The M3 has front and rear strut bars and Sport Springs

Brand new crossed drilled rotors, brake lines and differential cover installed…..all by South Bay Independent ( the leading West Coast M3 repair shop) We did not stop there the SBI custom short shifter was installed and just recently EVO red seatbelts and VDO gauges for Oil Pressure and Volts were added where the ashtray was formally.
    From Turner Motorsport came OEM EVO front and rear wings while getting painted I had the front bumper re-painted and a new windshield installed ( no rust anywhere on this car).
    The badges done in the mono scheme to stay in the Alpine/Grey/Black color .
    The interior is 9/10. Leather is in EXCELLENT condition (just fantastic and rare for the tan interior cars). The back seats have rear headrests and have never been sat in…the fronts are in fantastic condition. The Steering wheel is a Momo Driver and a Hamman shifter and Momo boot. I have the E30 arm rest.
    A removable subwoofer resides in the back but factory speakers and amp are in place. The factory OEM radio is included.
    17" Ronals that look great and the tires only have about 1000 miles on them.
    ECU from Turner Motorsports.
    E36 tension modification already completed.
    EVO/European doorsills that bear the M3 logo...quite pricey.

Extensive service and maintenance history.
    I should have a compression test done this week to prove how sound the motor is.

Price is $27,000 OBO

Please feel free to call or contact me with any questions.
    Travis 801-634-0273
    travmills@hotmail.com

Last edited by evo1313; 09-07-2008, 04:00 AM.

email sent

Comment

PM's replied and pics sent.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just did a compression test and all were between 160 and 165.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited by evo1313; 09-08-2008, 04:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Bump!

Comment

where are you located? and gorgeous M3
          "Hearing the metallic clatter of the valves, the wind, tire and road noise....the endless stream of morse code that comes through the seat bottom and steering wheel. It's amazing."--:OMG:S14addict:OMG:

Comment

I am in Utah.

Comment

I need to move this car to pick up the next one.
              I am open to resonable offers!

Comment

Bump - Pm's replied to.

Comment

Price lowered to $25k

Let me know if you have questions.

Comment

Its up on EBAY if anyone interested.

Comment

I love white M3s...wish mine was driving instead of sitting apart. Those are low compression numbers even though they are even across the board. I would expect all cylinders to be over 200 easily on a 71k mile car. For reference, my 200k mile, non rebuilt engine has 190 across all four cylinders. For what you are trying to get out of the car you may need to figure this out, or lower the price.
                      Charley Terhune
                      89 Zinno M3- stock 90k miles
                      89 Zinno M3- 2.5 etc. etc.

Comment

The car was at my dads house (350 miles away) when I had him take it to my mechanic to do the copression test. I called the mechanic after I was told the numbers because I questioned it a little myself. He said that the biggest thing to look for on a compression test is a small % of variance between all the cylinders. The actual LBS. is not as important and can vary quite a bit from one guage to another.

I had this mechanic inspect EVERYTHING about 6 months ago and he was amazed at the condition of all the mechanical parts. I trust this mechanic completely. He has built 4 motors for me and my dad and has done tons of work on my fathers collection of cars. With all of our cars, money is not as important as quality when it comes to service and mechanical and this mechanic knows if something is not right, we will fix it and he couldnt advise any work that the car needed.

I have driven quite a few e30 m3's and this one is by far the cleanest, most sound one I have ever driven.

Comment

i have a 73k mile car and my compresion was 200 to 205 on 4 cylinders
                          91 M3 AW 2.5 CR Dogleg
                          88 M3 AW Track Car s54
                          95 525 Touring M52 Turbo
                          04 Toyota Tundra

Comment

I will re-do the compression check myself and post the results. For as nice as this car is and as strong as it drives, I highly doubt there is problem with the motor.

Comment

Make sure the engine is warmed up, take all 4 plugs out, make sure the battery is well-charged so it cranks at the full speed, make sure you fully open the throttle while doing the test, best to pull the fuel pump relay so you don't flood it.

Comment

Working...
                              X