Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist SF Bay Area: NOT MINE

NOT MINE NOT MINE
    1988 E30 M3 $12500 obo - $12500 (san jose east)

Up for sale is my 1988 M3 in Lotus Chrome Orange Metallic. The paint looks stunning on the car and is great for the complement lover. The car also has a blackout grill. I've had the car for coming up on 4 months now and have put 2000 miles on it. The car runs like a champ despite the 231,883 odometer reading and has taken me from Monterey and back several times without fail. The car is on 18 inch BBS LM replicas with 215/35/18 tire size up front and 225/35/18 in the rear although I believe you can squeeze 225's in the front as well. The reason for selling this car is that I'm looking to buy a 510 for track/autocross or maybe a 2002 so this needs to go. I'm open to any offers as long as they're reasonable, please don't try and lowball me I know how much these cars are worth.
    Some more info about the car:

The Good:
    Front- Koni Adjustable Shocks (adjusting tool included)
    Rear- Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Dinan Performance Chip (Gives about 15-20 HP and a little better gas mileage)
    Both Front and Rear have drilled Brake Rotors
    Brand New Stainless Steel brake lines
    Brand New ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid
    Short Shift Kit (The car is a 5 speed manual)
    Clutch Stop (clutch is in good condition if you were wondering)
    SuperSprint Exhaust System (quiet at low rpm but screams when you really get on it)
    Sony MP3/WMA Deck with Remote
    New Radiator and hoses (done by Dinan)
    New left front wheel bearing (also by Dinan)
    Rear Tires have plenty of tread left (BF Goodrich Sport)
    No Cracks in dash
    Rust Free California Car
    Second owner
    Records dating back to the 80's
    Handles like a Go-Kart

The Bad:

Rear tires will rub fenders if there is someone in the back seat, except for children
    Water Pump could use replacing (runs fine around town/highway but you'll probably have to turn the heater on at a long red light or slow traffic.)
    Seats are starting to crack but no tears and they hold you exceptionally well under high g loads
    Front tires are pretty worn and I recommend replacing with 225 tire size (if it fits fine)
    Engine Bay could use a steam clean

The Ugly:

Paint on rear wing is starting to crack
    Front Bumper has a scrape on it (from previous owner)

Overall a very fun car, never has given me any trouble. Just needs a little TLC and it would be a perfect example of the only M car deserving of the title. I listed all I could think of at the moment if you have any more questions or want to see more pictures (or the car itself) send an email to [email protected] or call 1-408-386-6207 and ask for Arash. Again I'm open to all reasonable offers just don't waste my time tire kicking. Pictures are below: Additional and Larger photos here http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...%20For%20Sale/

what's the password to see the pics

Comment

I think (without seeing the pic's) this car was on ebay @ 4 mos ago. The color gives it away.
      sigpic

Comment

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/852851768.html

Comment

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...t=jagermeister
          I have negative feedback on several forums, DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH ME!!!

Comment

I looked at this car, back when Evan Esterman from Bimmerbrothers.net was trying to sell it. He calls me when he gets cars in sometimes, and they usually keep me pretty amused. I went to go look at it at topline automobile and drove it. Let me just say the thing is pretty beat, and the paint job is along the lines of Maaco, with nice run lines and overspray on the windshield; custom! I'll divulge more over PM if anyone is interested.

Comment

here's another one that was posted in the bay area as well: from the description looks pretty decent:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/814707015.html

1991 Black E30 BMW M3 Black Leather BBS Fast and Blast from PAST - $15000 (sf)
              Reply to: [email protected] [?]
              Date: 2008-09-21, 5:05PM PDT

Diamondschwarz with Black Leather Seats, Recent Full Exterior 2-Stage Repaint, Full Engine Rebuild 8,000 miles ago, New 2.3L Crank, Pistons, Rings, Rods, Bearings, Seals and Gaskets. New Oil Pump, Oil Cooler, New Radiator with Samco Hose Kit, Upgraded Shrick Cams: 284 Intake and 276 Exhaust, 50/50 Header, VSR Center Section and SuperSprint Muffler with DTM Tips. Custom Performance Software.

Comment

Anyone remember how much did it go for on ebay a few months back?

Comment

Working...
                X