This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up for quick sale 88 DS (houston)

yeah yeah... its been up and down for sale and i plan on swapping an s52 in it but i found another car i think would be better for the swap... so im looking for a quick sell for mine... 9000
    yeah its down alot from the old price but its what ever. only live once
    heres pictures:
    http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x15/zep0606/88%20m3/

about the car
    1988 M3 approx 187k on the clock. all original for the most part, few aftermarket changes were made, such as shocks, chip, a few appearance pieces here and there.

Drivetrain:

Maintnance history was not kept very well with previous owners as far as regular tune ups and what not, but given how the car runs for its mileage, its clear is was taken care of. there are a handful of reciepts in the glove box. In the last year the car has got a new water pump, e36 tensioner, and new chain. fluids where changed last year before 1500 miles ago before i drove the car to texas. I have not done any tests, such as leak down or compression test. simply because i did not care, i had plans of rebuilding the car. i did however have the car looked over by Frank Fahey in socal (the name may mean nothing in texas) but as far as the usual wear and tear there was nothing out of the ordinary.

Body

Car is from North Cal which is wear i bought it. no rust is visible anywhere on the car. It was repainted in its original diamond schwarz color last year. windows were pulled, and it was done right. also the wheels on the car now are black DSI's from a 95 m3. not the gawdy bbs reps that are shown. if you really want the wheels in the pictures, my friend has them, and will trade you for them back. tread is good on all 4 wheels.

interior

id give it a 8.5 out of 10. no tears in seats, just the usual signs of leather getting old. steering wheel is an mtech 2, in great shape, probably the most sought after bmw wheel. the cd player in it now is a brand new alpine deck, box and reciept in car still. rear speakers arent hooked up though. dash is perfect.

Electrical

all the power options work on the car, minus a/c. all the parts are there, its just inop, pretty sure its due to the compressor. lights and lenses are all good. fogs look brand new.

Suspension

it has bilstein shocks all the way around, unknown mileage, but they look decently new. there is a noise in the front end you can hear occaisionally when you pull out of a raised drive way, or something like that. i believe it is a ball joint. lower controls arms have been replaced. they are the steel ones like off a reg 3 series, not aluminum like the m3's came with.

the bad. i have recently learned the car was hit on the front drivers side prior to me buying it. a guy ran a carfax and sent it to me. i called the previous owner and figured out what had happened, what he didnt tell me. therefore the drivers fender is not original. i felt like quite in jackass advertising this car and having that come back to me when i wasnt advertising it. i assure you the car handles very straight and there was no major damage done. i know this hurts the value of the car, but the fact remains that it is a real e30 m3, one of a constantly shrinkng amount in the u.s. so please dont insult me with a low offer. if you wish to check the car out feel free to do so. im open to you having the car looked over by a mech before you buy it, but you will have to bring your own. simply because there arent any euro shops where the car is.

$9,000.00

Originally posted by 88M3ofDoom View Post
    the bad. i have recently learned the car was hit on the front drivers side prior to me buying it. a guy ran a carfax and sent it to me. i called the previous owner and figured out what had happened, what he didnt tell me. therefore the drivers fender is not original. i felt like quite in jackass advertising this car and having that come back to me when i wasnt advertising it. i assure you the car handles very straight and there was no major damage done. i know this hurts the value of the car, but the fact remains that it is a real e30 m3, one of a constantly shrinkng amount in the u.s. so please dont insult me with a low offer. if you wish to check the car out feel free to do so. im open to you having the car looked over by a mech before you buy it, but you will have to bring your own. simply because there arent any euro shops where the car is.

$9,000.00
    Does that mean salvage title?
    Terrance

Comment

No, title is CLEAR

Comment

Good price...shouldn't last for long!

BUMP
        If looks could kill...
        ///freshM3 piff :rastajake:

Comment

well if it doesnt sell at that price im gonna trade. it will be a partial trade.. kinda but its fair in the end.
          the car i will be getting is more suitable for the s52 swap i think.

Comment

if i live in los angeles, do you think the car could make the trip or should it be shipped
            "Hearing the metallic clatter of the valves, the wind, tire and road noise....the endless stream of morse code that comes through the seat bottom and steering wheel. It's amazing."--:OMG:S14addict:OMG:

Comment

car made the trip from san diego to houston in january, so i dont see why it wouldnt now
              -Matt

Comment

just a quick note. . 1988 M3 came with steel control arms, aluminum was introduced in '89 . Good luck with sale.

Comment

well then in that case its stock!

Comment

PM sent
                    Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
                    • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
                    • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
                    • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
                    • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
                    • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
                    • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
                    • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
                    • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
                    • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

Bumpty Bump... anybody heard from the Doomster??? Sent a PM, no reply....
                      Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
                      • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
                      • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
                      • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
                      • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
                      • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
                      • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
                      • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
                      • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
                      • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

sorry i was gone on some "business" for a few days. back now!

Comment

Guys I should have this car here tomorrow,after it arrives ill take pics and post it up.I'll be selling this to find me a cheap lifted land rover discovery!Ill post up pics and more details after it arrives.theres two i know of in chicago/ky if anyone wants to buy them and trade me plus cash
                          Last edited by 1fastcosmo; 10-14-2008, 06:56 PM.
                          I have negative feedback on several forums, DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH ME!!!

Comment

You should drive it to Chicago, and I'll meet you!

Comment

No thanks.ill snap some pics later today and update people later
                              I have negative feedback on several forums, DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X