• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the engine was sold??

Comment

Rob -
      Check your PM.
      Note on behalf of a mutual friend for a parts request.

-C
      Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Originally posted by nickn3 View Post
        I thought the engine was sold??
        I had a firm commitment, but the buyer had to back out in the end.

However, it is now officially sold. Deposit in hand. Thanks Chad!

Sorry for any confusion. You guys are the best!

Rob
        A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do- Walter Gagehot

Comment

Rob, Is the whole car sold or just the engine? I am interested in the TCK set up if available.
          sigpic

Comment

Good luck

Rob,
            Sorry to hear that you decided to part her out. I completely understand the motivation to do so, but we'll miss having you in the GTS mix. What are your plans? Spec E30 or Spec Miata, perhaps?
            Hope everything works out for you in the end.
            Jeff

NASA GTS5 #945
            NASA GTS5 Midwest Regional Champion ('09,'11,'12 & '14)

Comment

Originally posted by sprytel View Post
              Rob,
              Sorry to hear that you decided to part her out. I completely understand the motivation to do so, but we'll miss having you in the GTS mix. What are your plans? Spec E30 or Spec Miata, perhaps?
              Hope everything works out for you in the end.
              Jeff
              Pretty sure I'm doing Spec944. Cheap racing, a big and growing field, and a good bunch of guys.

So I'll be seeing you out there (you'll just be lapping me that much faster!!).

Comment

Great news. I was parked next to a group of 944 guys a few weekends ago and they were really cool. Like you said: cheap, competitive racing. In fact one guy managed to hit a guard rail on Saturday and was racing again on Sunday. Nothing a big hammer and some spare parts couldn't fix.

NASA GTS5 #945
                NASA GTS5 Midwest Regional Champion ('09,'11,'12 & '14)

Comment

Originally posted by cactusjacks1 View Post
                  Rob, Is the whole car sold or just the engine? I am interested in the TCK set up if available.
                  Engine, TCK setup, and gauge cluster already sold. Requests are coming faster than I can respond! Here is a partial list of whats still available. It'll be awhile before I get some pics up though, and need a couple weeks to pull some of the stuff. All prices do not include shipping.

new (2 weekends on it) 4.45 race diff build by KMS, with M coupe finned cover - $2200
                  Motorsport 2 pc rally header, newly jethot powdercoated in 2005 $800
                  Custom APR CF splitter, incl. hardware - $250
                  side rear lexan windows (incl hardware) $100
                  Wiechers 3pc aluminum Strut bar - $150
                  VSR Center section and stromung muffler - $700 (2 have already expressed interest)
                  Bimmerworld brake duct cooling plates and flanges - $200
                  F/G evo 3 wing with adjustable flap, mounted on a shaved trunk/boot lid. very light setup. Needs to be pinned in (I can include hood pins). Neat paint job, but a little rough - $450
                  CF DTM replica mirrors from Markus - one is good, one is broken in half but a little glue and its as good as new! both have glass intact - $100
                  Almost brand new oil cooler and lines (2 weekends on it) - $400
                  Powersteering rack, new in 2007, pass side link bent - $400
                  Ireland eng. adj'ble sways (front pass side end link missing) incl. poly mounts front and back - $200
                  Stock brakes (calipers, rotors, couple sets of street pads) - best offer
                  Alum lower control arms - new this year. Pass side intact, uncracked but took a hard hit - $300 for the pair.
                  OEM Tranny, rebuilt in 2005 - best offer, pickup only.
                  Doors, panels, rad, rear bumper etc - best offer

2 sets of Team Dynamics 17x8, 20mm E30 M3 offset, with Hoosier R6s 225/40-17
                  -1 set is Anthracite, very good condition, and the tires have about 9 heat cycles on them. $1000
                  -1 set is black, and the tires are almost new (just one heat cycle). 2 are scuffed from the off but I can touch up. No cracks, bends etc. Need to be rebalanced though (weights came off). $800

Thats all that comes to mind right now.
                  Any requests, let me know.
                  Last edited by rscheiring; 10-24-2008, 05:33 AM.

Comment

pm sent
                    91 M3 AW 2.5 CR Dogleg
                    88 M3 AW Track Car s54
                    95 525 Touring M52 Turbo
                    04 Toyota Tundra

Comment

Mirrors, lexan side windows, brake ducts and wing SOLD. Also, Headers and IE bars spoken for.

Still available:

new (2 weekends on it) 4.45 race diff build by KMS, with M coupe finned cover - $2200
                      Custom APR CF splitter, incl. hardware - $250
                      Wiechers 3pc aluminum Strut bar - $150
                      VSR Center section and stromung muffler - $700 (2 have already expressed interest)
                      Almost brand new oil cooler and lines (2 weekends on it) - $400
                      Powersteering rack, new in 2007, pass side link bent - $400
                      Stock brakes (calipers, rotors, couple sets of street pads) - best offer
                      Alum lower control arms - new this year. Pass side intact, uncracked but took a hard hit - $300 for the pair.
                      OEM Tranny, rebuilt in 2005 - best offer, pickup only.
                      Doors, panels, rad, rear bumper etc - best offer
                      -Anthracite 17x8 TDs with R6s $1000
                      -Black 17x8 TDs (some scrapes) with R6s $800

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

FWIW, here are some pics of the splitter. It wasn't on the car at RA when I hit, so its still in excellent condition:

bumper cover not included (its toast).
                      Last edited by rscheiring; 10-24-2008, 08:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Moving the parts FS over to the right section.

Anyone want the shell (no running gear, just tub, cage, dash) - $500 picked up? I may be able to deliver to SD, MN, WI, IL, IA for about 50cents per loaded mile. Let me know.

Comment

I hit a wall doing the same stupid thing .. was having major brake fade then continued to run came to the start of a hairpin at around 160kmh went for the brake to heel toe into 3rd and the pedal went straight to the floor .. luckily i had a big run off and only tapped the wall at around 60 klms
                          86 E30 M3 stock
                          88 EvoII resto in progress
                          84 M635csi JPS replica
                          Searching for an E9 for a S38 transplant

***to be added when i can afford it***
                          M1
                          Sport Evo
                          3.0 CSL batmobile
                          and maybe an evo2 190E

Comment

Originally posted by sprytel View Post
                            Great news. I was parked next to a group of 944 guys a few weekends ago and they were really cool. Like you said: cheap, competitive racing. In fact one guy managed to hit a guard rail on Saturday and was racing again on Sunday. Nothing a big hammer and some spare parts couldn't fix.

Interesting.... All the PCA folks here in TX are converting to Spec Boxster. Lots of guys are dropping from 911 cup cars to SP Box. I have one friend that said his weekend expenses will drop from 7K in the cup car to 1100 in the Boxter... The SP box cars seem to be somewhere around JS times... maybe as fast as JP.
                            Mark Williams
                            Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
                              Interesting.... All the PCA folks here in TX are converting to Spec Boxster. Lots of guys are dropping from 911 cup cars to SP Box. I have one friend that said his weekend expenses will drop from 7K in the cup car to 1100 in the Boxter... The SP box cars seem to be somewhere around JS times... maybe as fast as JP.
                              The fastest SPBOX in May were running about 4 seconds slower than the fastest JP were a few weeks ago.

Comment

If anyone wants the tub and cage for free, let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                X