This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeler FS: 1988 Alpine over Black <111k miles

Many on this board will probably know this car, it was previously owned by Don Fields (his wifes' car) and then sold to 1 owner before me. I have owned it since September '07.
    I have just purchased a new home and no longer have a garage, so storage is potentially a problem.

Short list of details:
    -110,xxx chassis miles, motor was rebuilt during the time the car was owned by Don, roughly 15k on it.
    -Areas of the car have been repainted, not a show car however overall it looks very good.
    -Interior is in excellent shape, no rips tears or burns.
    -Recent maintenance includes oil change and a valve adjustment that was completed by VAC. Currently the car needs nothing.

I do have 3 sets of wheels for the car-the original BBS basketweaves with snow tires, TSW hock's with near new Bridgestones and a set of fully refinished BBS RS 16X8 with brand new Hankooks.

You may search my name for threads that have pictures I have posted, when I get home from work tonight I can post some in this thread for easier viewing.

Now for the important part, PRICE!

For the car with the basketweaves and TSW's the price is firm at $13,500.
    Adding the BBS's to the mix will raise the price to $15,500, again firm.

Please note, this is not a "must sell" scenario so if you are seriously interested in owning a car like this I can PM you a phone number to call me and discuss. Anyone needing any details you may email or PM me. Thank you for your interest.

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry, I forgot to mention my location. I am in Haddon Heights NJ, about 10 minutes outside of Philadelphia.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here is a shot with the Hock's:

or with the BBS's:

Last edited by 300whpGTI; 11-18-2008, 08:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2001 530i
    1988 M3
    1973 2002

Many have inquired about the vin tags, the tags are original on the two front fenders, the drivers door/hood/rear trunklid do not have vin tags and the pass door has a non matching vin tag. I can assure you though that the title is clear and the carfax confirms one minor accident from a previous owner (I believe it was the front pass fender which has some minor filler cracking maybe 1" long)

I want to be as forthcoming as possible so that I do not waste anyone's time (including my own) ... this is a great driver that looks good too! It is not however a "show car" or one with every vin tag intact.

Brian
    2001 530i
    1988 M3
    1973 2002

Comment

Sounds like a pretty good deal...

Any chance on parting out the BBS's by themselves?

Igor
      Last edited by igor700; 11-19-2008, 09:12 AM.

Comment

good deal.. someone jump on it pls :drive:

Comment

Originally posted by igor700 View Post
          Sounds like a pretty good deal...

Any chance on parting out the BBS's by themselves?

Igor
          Not yet... :nope:

I'd rather see how this goes and hopefully sell the whole kit n kaboodle.
          2001 530i
          1988 M3
          1973 2002

Comment

Fair enough, good luck with the sale.

Igor

Comment

Thank you!

Brian
              2001 530i
              1988 M3
              1973 2002

Comment

Brian - sent you a PM. I'm just west of Philly and would like to see the car over the Turkey weekend.

Thanx -

Scott

Comment

Brian, I'm in north Jersey, can I get a look this weekend?

Bill
                  sigpic

Keeper of the Car

Comment

Replied to all PM's.
                    Sale is pending with a PPI scheduled on Friday @ VAC. If all goes well the car should be sold. I will update everyone if there is a change.

Thank you,

Brian
                    2001 530i
                    1988 M3
                    1973 2002

Comment

That was fast! The new owner should definitly look into gettting the wheels too. "Alpine and gold looks very toight" (Goldmember voice)

Comment

"Toight like Tiger!" LOL

The potential new owner is going w/o the RS's pending an acceptable PPI. (Not to worried though as the car was just at VAC ~1,000 miles ago for a valve adjustment and throttle body sync/full check over)

I'm certainly sad to see it go but the new owner seems very enthusiastic about the car and I feel will use it more than I can right now. Maybe once my wife and I are settled into our new home (and the dust settles) I can pick up another one. It's been a great car, probably my fav that I've owned. Before I bought it I wondered if all the "hype" was just over-enthusiasm but then after a couple hours of seat time I totally understood why we all go crazy over these cars. This board has been a great help too, everyone is very quick to assist.

My only regret is I was never able to attend a meet. :(

Brian
                        2001 530i
                        1988 M3
                        1973 2002

Comment

Update:
                          The potential buyer is going to think it over and get back to me. In the meantime I am open to show the car.
                          Here are some interior shots I snapped this morning.

Last edited by 300whpGTI; 11-29-2008, 12:51 AM.
                          2001 530i
                          1988 M3
                          1973 2002

Comment

Car is officially sold. Will be picked up Saturday by the new owner.

Thank you to all that were interested.
                            2001 530i
                            1988 M3
                            1973 2002

Comment

do you still have it for sale

i'm intrest on your bmw please contact me

Comment

Working...
                              X