90 Alpine White 40k -One owner car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 Alpine White 40k -One owner car

This is a car a local owner has for sale. He tells me he purchached the car new and has all paperwork and documentation. Alpine White w/ black interior, zero mods( all original) 40K original miles. Front seats seem a little worn but the rest of the car looks pretty minty.

Lookin for $

sigpic

damn.. never thought there is a such great car in new york area.. but the price is a little bit scary..

Comment

I agree...scary for sure. Low mileage "alone" does not make for a "mint" asking price! I'm not saying it's not a worthwhile car, but everyone is simply asking too much for these cars! I'm looking, so I can say that. :-)

Owners obviously like to see the prices going up all the time....I don't happen to sign on to that reasoning. If these M3's go the way of American muscle cars, none of us will be able to afford them any longer.

For $30k the car better be damn near perfect....and if the leather is that well-worn, as far as I'm concerned it ain't "mint"....that's an indication the car hasn't been well-maintained.

Originally posted by jhl771029 View Post
      damn.. never thought there is a such great car in new york area.. but the price is a little bit scary..
      Last edited by 02fanatic; 12-10-2008, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 02fanatic View Post

For $30k the car better be damn near perfect....and if the leather is that well-worn, as far as I'm concerned it ain't "mint"....that's an indication the car hasn't been well-maintained.
        I agree. Seats are a VERY good indication of the rest of the car and the upholstery to fix them isn't cheap. I reupholstered my car not so much because it needed it as much as I am an anal retentive bastid. It's the little details that tell you how a car was maintained. I'd be very curious to see a compression test and oil analysis...

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mflossin View Post
          I agree. Seats are a VERY good indication of the rest of the car and the upholstery to fix them isn't cheap. I reupholstered my car not so much because it needed it as much as I am an anal retentive bastid. It's the little details that tell you how a car was maintained. I'd be very curious to see a compression test and oil analysis...

Maybe the owner is fat?:lostme:

Comment

Hey Mike has this car been to any of the meets?

Maybe the seats aren't original! In the past 20 years maybe the seats were stolen. I know many s2000 owners can attest to waking up and seeing nothing but carpet when they open the door! :sosad:

Comment

Originally posted by MTree View Post

Maybe the seats aren't original! In the past 20 years maybe the seats were stolen. I know many s2000 owners can attest to waking up and seeing nothing but carpet when they open the door! :sosad:
              And replace it with worn seats?

Then again, worse have been done...E30 M3 with the standard E30 fenders.:chaired:

Comment

Oh God say it isn't so! That's gotta be some beancounter insurance company move..
                :sosad:

Originally posted by chutrain View Post
                And replace it with worn seats?

Then again, worse have been done...E30 M3 with the standard E30 fenders.:chaired:

Comment

Originally posted by MTree View Post

As a former S2000 owner, I couldn't begin to tell you how many "seats stolen" threads there are over at S2ki.com... Luckily my seats were never stolen in all the time I had the car. Someone on the forums created seat locks, (the same principal as wheel locks) to help the problem.

In this case, maybe the car was used as a daily and accumulated most of its miles early on in its life. Then sitting around for the next 18 years may have added some more wear to the seats.... I agree with Chutrain, its hard to believe an owner with a mint M3 would use "not so mint" seats as a replacement.
                  What sets the e30 apart is that it set the precedent, the benchmark, for every "M" car since... - Top Gear

Comment

Maybe the guy is a contractor and he always had sandpaper in his pockets?

Comment

Originally posted by BingM3 View Post
                      Maybe the guy is a contractor and he always had sandpaper in his pockets?
                      HAHAH Now that's detective work!! We can check inner funder wells for concrete and dirt resin.

Comment

M

[quote=MTree;328786]Hey Mike has this car been to any of the meets?

Maybe the seats aren't original!
                        At first glance and after seeing so many examples here on the east coast i would say the seats were switched out. My 83K car has seats that are pretty damn mint compared to his. Any way it was great seeing another M3 on the road with such low mileage.
                        sigpic

Comment

Do you have pictures of said seats?
                          Terrance

Comment

Ask him...maybe he has the original seats at home on storage and put these ones?

Comment

Originally posted by jhl771029 View Post
                              damn.. never thought there is a such great car in new york area..
                              It shouldn't be a shock. NY and NJ have the most cars in all of the US (both known and hidden). Stick with "Lock," he's probably found more of these gems then anyone else.

Cheers

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Working...
                              X