• Show
Clear All

• FS: 1988 Bone Stock E30 M3 .... 17K miles

1988 Black on Black
    Purchased from original owner 2/14/08
    17K miles
    original bone stock right down to the tires
    cool stuff like original pink slip in records
    always a SoCal car ... no rust ... no overspray ... all original VIN body panels

Collector car ... not a driver

Looking to move so I can complete my rebuild of an original 1988 E30 M Gruppe A race car to bring back to racing form for Festorics, imported into the States this past Summer.

PM me with interest ... I'd appreciate serious inquiries only ... this is obviously not a low baller car.

Thanks in advance,

Mr. Hayes
    sigpic

a price would help avoid a bunch of pointless pms/price hunters.Also pics on the post.ill upload them if you dont have a photobucket
    I have negative feedback on several forums, DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1fastcosmo View Post
      a price would help avoid a bunch of pointless pms/price hunters.Also pics on the post.ill upload them if you dont have a photobucket
      Of course it would, but that would be like bidding against myself, wouldn't it ....:chaired::chaired::chaired:

Let the market tell me what it thinks it's worth.

Pics ... sure ...

see my thread over on M3forum.net (it also has a whole lot more information):

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=197442

Respectfully,

Mr. Hayes
      sigpic

Comment

""Let the market tell me what it thinks it's worth.""

25K to 30k TOPS if you can find a buyer willing to part with his cash as no banks are going to lend on this car in this economy . Just my 2 CENTS!

Comment

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...ght=autotrader
          this is the same one I believe. And this is when the market was pretty good.
          sigpic
          '90 M3 alpine/black
          '90 M3 sterling/grey
          '88 M5 Black/tan
          '10 GT3 meteor

Comment

Both of the pix links "no worky"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ///Msw3 View Post
              http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...ght=autotrader
              this is the same one I believe. And this is when the market was pretty good.
              yes same car .

Comment

My 2 Cents

Originally posted by ERICZ View Post
                25K to 30k TOPS if you can find a buyer willing to part with his cash as no banks are going to lend on this car in this economy . Just my 2 CENTS!
                Even when the money were cheap to borrow, you still would need at least two appraisals to get a loan for a super-collectable M3E30. The obvious reason is that this car is not catagorized (as far as I know) as a collector car.

Perhaps talk to Hagerty about their Collector Auto Financing?

Comment

that is so true. So lets start the bidding at 5k:yup::yup::yup::yup:

Comment

Do not start insulting the seller. This is a forum for people with similar interests to speak of them, not one to tear apart every low mileage example that hits the market... It looks like he isn't in a hurry to sell the car with a post like that, and also he is probably aware of some more discreet collectors that browse this website. And if you are really interested in seeing the car, then why not PM instead of pestering for pictures? Good luck with the sale, Mr. Hayes

Comment

I can vouch for Mr. Hayes as an honest, trustworthy, straight person and enthusiast that I had the pleasure to contact with.

Comment

Most people who would seriously buy this car probably don't need to borrow money, especially not $30K, which would be a steal IMO. My parents' well-to-do neighbors just bought a freakin' bench for $20,000, and all it does is sit out on the sidewalk. There is still plenty of money out there in private hands, it's just that banks aren't taking any risks.

Obviously Mr. Hayes isn't having a fire sale, and I'd be willing to bet if and when this car does move it will be over $40,000, and if the buyer took out
                        a loan I'll eat my hat.

Hayes, good luck with the sale, and DAMN that is a sweet car.
                        Last edited by E30fan; 12-19-2008, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Not intending to bash the sale and I agree there are plenty of people with money .Just seems the market on our cars is on the downside but in a good economy yes that car is an easy 35k but we as you know are not in a good place .

Comment

Good luck with the sale, patience will be key.

For some reason people always want to crap on a FS thread when it's something completely out of their reach...little do they realize they are precisely not the target audience.

Comment

Question.

Originally posted by IamTHORvikingGod View Post
                              Do not start insulting the seller.
                              Which reply above yours was taking as an insult to the seller? Did it get deleted?

Comment

Working...
                              X