Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

WTB: M3 on East Coast (NY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: M3 on East Coast (NY)

Lookin to pick up a clean e30 M3 on the east coast, everything seems to be west coast cars, and its just way to much of a hassle.

Color: Doesnt matter as long as theres no rust/Clear problems
    Mileage: Whatever works :-)
    Interior: Doesnt matter good condition bad condition, whatever...

Im not concerned about work it may need as long as it doesnt serious paintwork.

Thanks for the help

My current car...Its going to a good home

Have a look on craigs list. GL

Comment

Thanks ive been searching the entire east coast, just figured i might get a jump if anyone knew someone through word of mouth.

Comment

There is a red one on there in queens for $12k?

Comment

Its shot, rust and horrific paint, he said it looked great when i emailed him, and i went to see it and i was not impressed with the condition to say the least. He "myspaced" the pics.

Comment

Ya i think someone on here said he got it for $6k and trying to unload it ?

Comment

Are you serious!? Most of the cars being on the West Coast? You do realize we (NY/NJ)
              have the highest concentration of E30 M3s than any of the other states.

VOXX82 has his for sale. Zinno on black. Mild 2.5L build running 215rwhp. Send him
              a PM. If he doesn't respond, let me know and I can give you his cell number.

Comment

If that's the car I'm thinking of it has a kick-ass paint job...gorgeous car...am I thinking of the right car?

John

[/quote]VOXX82 has his for sale. Zinno on black. Mild 2.5L build running 215rwhp. Send him
                a PM. If he doesn't respond, let me know and I can give you his cell number.[/quote]
                Last edited by 02fanatic; 03-26-2009, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 02fanatic View Post
                  If that's the car I'm thinking of it has a kick-ass paint job...gorgeous car...am I thinking of the right car?

John
                  VOXX82 has his for sale. Zinno on black. Mild 2.5L build running 215rwhp. Send him
                  a PM. If he doesn't respond, let me know and I can give you his cell number.[/quote][/QUOTE]

I doubt it. I don't believe you have met him before.

Comment

I have some pics of the car I am thinking of...it's in CT. But, I can't load the pics here. I saw this car when I was looking. Maybe it's a different car. VOXX82 sounded familiar.

John

Originally posted by chutrain View Post
                    a PM. If he doesn't respond, let me know and I can give you his cell number.
                    [/quote]

I doubt it. I don't believe you have met him before.[/quote]

Comment

pm sent.

Comment

Matty et al.

While I consistently share Chu's opinions on many things ... and having grown up in New England and working in Manhattan for 10 years, living there in to my early 30's ... I must ask the obvious stupid question.

Other than the hassle of having to fly out to inspect the "car of your dreams" ... and then ship it back to the east Coast ... what are the cataclysmic prohibitions of buying a Cali or Western US E30 M????

If they truly have been cared for in CA, NV, NM for the better part of their existence, you can usually be assured they have been spared the dreaded Northern Hemisphere winters and the associated corrosive we know as 'road salt'.

MA, CT, NJ shorelines also have the lovely sea breezes during the summer ... delightful for beach goers ... BUT, a salinity content not very favorable for paint finishes on a year-in-year-out basis.

I have purchased BMW E30 M's all over the world ... in many cases sight unseen ... having been the beneficiary of online databases, BMW AG authentications, fellow enthusiasts whom would rather give their left nut than be considered a bad seller in the community (I count myself as one of those .... even for parts), members on this and other forums who gladly offer their services to view a local car, and what has become a VERY reliable set of PPI service providers that dig deep on behalf of their customers.

Former fellow Easterners .... do not neglect the abundant offerings in the West ... or the midwest for that matter in terms of certain E30 M dealers there .... he'll go unmentioned ... ;-)) ... though it seems he's drastically reduced his inventories.

In the search of the holy grail, no opportunity should go dismissed out of hand.

And, I'll walk the talk ... if any of you guys would like me to do an initial (and, in full disclosure, NOT a ceritified PPI) here in the NorCal area ... just ask. With a digital camera, and a knowledge of what to look for in terms of panel VINs's, typical corrosion spots, etc ... you can get a first blush opinion for free ....

BTW ... I don't do compression or leak-down tests .......... ;-)))))))

Mr. Hayes
                        Last edited by hayesMpower; 03-27-2009, 06:47 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Mr. Hayes, I am not saying that he should rule out any cars that may be outside
                          of the East Coast states. I'm just saying that he should check out the cars that
                          are closest to him first and then move westward. If there is a deal to be had in
                          California, then he should jump on it.

In terms of the sea water, winters, and what not, most E30 M3 owners put away
                          their cars for the winter. Most have been cleaned up and saved from being rust
                          buckets. Those that have encountered rust have most likely been dealt with. These
                          cars have become collector status cars, so most have been either taken care of all
                          their lives, or will be from now on. At SIGFest this past year, it was a tough decision
                          on determining the best STOCK Car. The reason being there are so few left in
                          unmolested form. Even the most stock car had an aftermarket headunit.

In terms of a certain someone liquidating their collection, I know he was definitely
                          hurting due to the economy. Once so insistent that his cars were worth the price
                          and not budge even a penny, has dropped the prices on his cars by a few thousand.
                          Many owners have done the same with selling. Prices have dropped considerably
                          since two years ago. I think we're at the point where people should keep their cars
                          and not depend on it to make ends meet. Selling one right now is almost a shame.
                          A car that could have sold for $18k easily two years ago, is now having so much
                          trouble getting $16k.

Deals can still be had with these cars. You just need to be persistent with searches
                          and have the basics down on where to look. If the OP is really interested, I am
                          more than willing to help set up something with my buddy in CT.
                          Last edited by chutrain; 03-27-2009, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys, and i fully understand what both of you are saying, it would just be so much easyier for me to find something on the east coast, mainly tri-state area, just because i can go see the car in one day, drop the cash and come home with it...

Im more of an impulse buyer, i love instant gratification, and i would get cold feet having to wait to go to the west coast and set up a sale.... I would consider cars around the chicago/iowa area, as my sister goes to the UNIV of IOWA and i could potentially pay for the car and have it dropped off there untill i can get it back to the east coast.

Like i said in my origional post, im not looking for the perfect car, i love working on cars, Im not afraid to have to open the engine or anything like that, as i work at a machine shop, as well do some motor building in my bosses other shop, i have access to everything i could ever need, My limit would be paint, i would have to send it out, and everyone knows someone else isnt gonna put the same effort into a job as you would if its your own car.

So all in all i guess i would be looking for a fixer upper. And the car in Queens would be a good candidate if it didnt need all the body work, but if i got it for the right price, i wouldnt say no :-)

Comment

I can tell you from my experience that there are good cars out there on "both" coasts (and in Canada), but I tend to agree that long distance purchases are more trouble...it all depends if you find that "right" car for you or not. You just need to evaluate everything and look "big picture".

Good Luck,

John
                              Last edited by 02fanatic; 03-28-2009, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X