This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 AW/Blk 2.5L, 134k mi ex cond - CA

Well I have had a good run over the past 10+ years, but its time for me to put my M3 up for sale. It’s a wonderful drivers car and I still truly love E30 m3’s, but it just doesn’t fit into our lifestyle anymore. I really wish I had more time to devote to the car but its just not going to happen any time soon. I have owned the car since the summer of 99 and it was been very well cared for and maintained. Mechanically the car is in excellent condition and the interior is as close to perfect as you can get without buying a brand new car. (details of the restoration are below). The body has a few blemishes, but nothing that stops me from getting tons of compliments where ever I go. The few people I have consulted with about the sale of the car think I am crazy to sell such a nice example, but its time. Below I have listed out the major work and items that have been replaced on the car. It pulls very strong and handles great. It has a current Smog for CA buyers and had a PPI done two weeks ago for a buyer who couldn’t put together the financing. (I offered it up off list to a few people before posting) I fixed the two minor mechanical issues (t-sat seep and bad coolant hose) the shop found. The motor came back at 215,220,215,215 for compression and 0% leak down. The shop noted a very minor oil seep at the timing cover. The chassis has 134k miles and the motor was built at 102k miles in 2000. I have all the records of the work I have done and couple from the previous owner. All the Vin numbers on the car match with the exception of the drivers door. I had a minor accident in October 2001 and the door was replaced and paint was blended onto the fenders and side skirt. No other body work has been done while I have owned the car. The shop that did the PPI said it looked like there may have been some minor paint work done on the passenger side at one point as well. I never noticed and still have a tough time seeing what they saw. As far as other body parts go, the front bumper has chips and what not as expected from a 20 year old car, but by no means looks bad. Also the roof has some tiny door ding size dents in it from a tree branch that fell on it when the previous owner had the car. Its one of those things I always meant to get fixed but never did. The drivers door has a small scratch in it from me accidentally hitting it with the jack handle. There is no rust on the car. The car is always garaged and hooked up to a battery tender when not driven.

I feel like I could write a 10 page essay on all I have been through and done with this car. I really would like it to go to a good home (enthusiast) and hopefully be driven a bit more than I can. I am asking $16.5k for the car as seen in the pictures below. I also have a set of near new 17” BBS RK’s with RE01’s that could be worked in too if desired. Please PM me your contact info if you are interested and we can talk/answer questions.

Engine:
    • Tuner 2.5L bottom end with BMW Evo 3 crank and Weisco 11.25:1 pistons
    • Turner oil pan Baffle
    • New parts with rebuild: oil pump, oil pump chain, water pump, timing chain, timing rails, all seals and gaskets, misc hoses, belts, etc.
    • Replaced intake gaskets and upgraded to Korman Plenum support
    • Genuine Evo 3 and Evo 2 intake/exhaust cams
    • Genuine Evo AFM, Evo injectors
    • Iigo chip for CA 91 2.5L with cams, evo AFM and evo injectors. (also have Turner 2.5L chip)
    • E36 timing chain tensioner
    • Rebuilt head with ARP head bolt studs, TMS header studs, Genuine Evo 3 motorsport valve springs
    • Custom 2.5” exhaust: Burns Stainless Y pipe, Magna-flow cat and muffler (Gustave copy)
    • Evo lower air box and Evo snorkel/foam spacer
    • New throttle cables
    • New radiator, coolant expansion tank, thermostat: Only used BMW coolant 50/50 with distilled water
    • New alternator w/ Bosch white bushings and all new bolts/bracket
    • No A/C. All components removed
    • Spal Puller fan wired to separate circuit with manual control switch
    • New coolant expansion tank/cap
    • Turner “coolest $10 part” crank nut for Fan Clutch removal
    • Recent major tune up of: spark plugs, Moroso plug wires, updated version of cap and rotor, ignition coil, both coolant temp sensors, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, air filter, oil/filter change, base idle reset, and throttle body synch
    • Mobil 1 15/50 every 3k miles or 9-12 mo.

Suspension:
    • Bilstein sport shocks
    • H&R race springs
    • Ground control rear shock mounts with upper reinforcement plates
    • Sparco front and rear stress bars
    • Aluminum control arms
    • New OE offset control arm bushings
    • New tie rods, front sway bar links, sway bar bushings, and front upper strut bearings
    • All new Rubber spring pads front and rear, upper and lower
    • 16” E28 M5 wheels with Yoko ES100 225/45

Brakes:
    • Hawk HP+ pads front and rear
    • OE rotors (Evo)
    • Goodrich Stainless lines
    • BimmerWorld Brass bushings
    • BimmerWorld Ducting kit (have fog lights on car now but will include them and an undertray)
    • 25mm master cylinder
    • ATE Super Blue brake fluid, flushed frequently.

Drive Train:

• UUC short shifter with all new OEM clips and what not (no buzz)
    • Rebuilt drive shaft from Portland Driveline Specialties
    • M Coupe finned differential cover (all new diff seals at the same time of installation)
    • RedLine MTL in trans. and 75/90 in differential

Interior restoration:

• New Recaro seats in Black Avus cloth
    • Wedge Engineering brackets with Recaro height adjustable sliders
    • OEM grey carpet set from a low mileage wrecked car (very nice)
    • New Evo shift boot and e brake boot
    • Custom sewn back seat cover made from Recaro Avus cloth and sewn to match factory stitching
    • Excellent condition black door, kick, and rear panels
    • New factory floor mats
    • Replaced bulbs behind havac/dash controls
    • New heater core and valve
    • New gas pedal
    • Momo Champion steering wheel (aluminum spokes) with Smart Racing spacer
    • Momo aluminum Shift knob
    • Nakamichi CD player, Precision Power 50x4, 200x1 Amp, JL Audio 10” sub
    • Polk 5 Ό components all custom fit into factory locations

Misc upgrades:

• OE Euro Smiley lights with city lights wired to separate circuit
    • Evo undertray (have separate US spec one with holes cut for brake duct kit)
    • Replica Evo splitter with Carbon fiber lip from John (JEDM3 on s14.net)
    • Euro Front grills
    • Evo Hood seals
    • Evo Door sills
    • Evo front bumper covers (tow hook/intake)
    • Clear front turn signal lenses
    • All new side marker lights
    • Interstate battery

Pics:

Beautiful car. I love the rear seat, and plan on doing the same with mine, to match the SRD's.
    Good luck with the sale.

Dan
    Dan

12/87 Zinnoberrot
    3/87 Henna

Comment

Wow....$16.5k? Really? A steal for such a clean well sorted out car.
      What's up with everyone dumping their M3's for little money?

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. I think the car is really nice too. But I also think it’s a fair an honest price given some other sales I have watched on here. Plus I hope to not have a long drawn out process.

Comment

Don't do it. $16.5K isn't worth the emptiness you will feel in the coming years. Sell the 4 door...

If you sell it and I get my car done, you can come drive it. Keep in touch.

Comment

this wont last long GLWS
            91 M3 AW 2.5 CR Dogleg
            88 M3 AW Track Car s54
            95 525 Touring M52 Turbo
            04 Toyota Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by cbrick View Post
              Don't do it. $16.5K isn't worth the emptiness you will feel in the coming years. Sell the 4 door...

If you sell it and I get my car done, you can come drive it. Keep in touch.
              thanks! I appreciate the support and the offer to drive yours. Unfortunately the 4 door is a must right now and for the foreseeable future. And honestly an E90 335 is not a terrible car to “have” to drive around.

Comment

Sorry to hear its time to move on..

I have seen this car at meets in the past and I would buy this if I did not have one. This won't last long!

This car will sell to the first person that sees it.

If anyone wants a zinno 2.5L, I would sell you mine and get this one or straight trade!

elefantsupply.com

Comment

old pic of it.

elefantsupply.com

Comment

Originally posted by S14E30 View Post
                    Sorry to hear its time to move on..

I have seen this car at meets in the past and I would buy this if I did not have one. This won't last long!

This car will sell to the first person that sees it.

If anyone wants a zinno 2.5L, I would sell you mine and get this one or straight trade!
                    Wow thanks! I appreciate the support. This really is a great group of people that I surely will miss along with the car. Funny you mention the Zinno.... if (errr when) i come back to an E30 M3 ~8-10 years from now, I hope its in a Zinno.

Comment

Very nice! I love all the improvements. Definitely one of the nicer sorted cars on here lately.

Comment

Oh no!...

... have you ever had a feeling that you wanted to go, but still had a feeling that you wanted to say?....

Hope you come back to the E30 at some point. And you are right N54 based 3ers are pretty nice cars too.

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

What a wonderful, fantastic opportunity for someone to pick this up!

Comment

Wow, thats extremely cheap for such a great car.

Comment

Originally posted by igor700 View Post
                              What a wonderful, fantastic opportunity for someone to pick this up!
                              +1 Very clean and very tastefull mods done, someone here will no doubt pick this up shortly.

Best of luck with the sale.

L.

Comment

Working...
                              X