X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 diamond schwartz m3 140k miles, all stock, Queens NY, $9950

Here's the ad:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMESELX%3AIT

I have been lurking for sometime now as I search for a m3. I am an old BMW guy for 25 years, but I have always wanted an e30. I was wondering if anyone knows about this car? thanks for any information.

Ron Sattele
    Atlanta, GA
    My current car is a 1974 3.0 cs

Comment

Eddie what happened ? did you pull the auction or has it sold? Thanks Bert

Comment

Hey

Hi Ron,

Congrats on your new car. Bart said get yourself a real sports car... Mustang... is the way to go.

Comment

I road race the Mustang in SCCA for it is much less expensive to run. I do have a problem with sports cars. My old 3.0 cs BMW has been fun over the past 15 or so years I'm just ready for a new car. I have a SVT Ford Focus also. It is fun, but, it is a little to "boy racer"
          This one is going to need some work, but for what I have in it, I'll have fun. I have a couple of things going my way. I can do most anything rebuilding wise myself. I have a close friend in Atlanta with an independent BMW shop who I can call for guidance when needed. I will however need some help in picking specific parts during the rebuild. Stuff like the best exhaust (not too loud), and suspension that is firm but not teeth chattering. ( I have a race car, I don't need another one)
          I have been shopping for a while and even though there were several great cars that were "done" in the 18 to 22k range. There was always a few things I felt I did not like. So, I will spend the same money, but end up with what I would like.

Ron

Comment

Hi Ron,

There are a lot of guys on here that know so much about this cars, they'll be able to provided lots of information to you for your future projects. I was just kidding on the previous post. It's such a small world, when Bart came in and was telling me about you and your new purchase i was wondering who's car you had purchased. I came on the site to try to figure out which car it was and we found it. Any way welcome to the site and enjoy your car, they are just so much fun to drive and they look great.

Comment

you were dead on about a real sports car. The mustang is a pig of a car compared to the BMW but it is fun to drive.

Comment

My neighbor has a Mustang and that thing is obnoxiously "loud"....5.0L Mustangs all sound alike...aweful! It's "all" muffler sound. Not my thing. This doesn't mean I don't like Mustangs...there have been some some cool ones over the years, but that stock 5.0L is just obnoxiously loud! Saw a Saleen Mustang the other day, and other than those gawdy chrome wheels, that thing was cool! What is it about Americans who aren't Europeanized that just love huge chrome wheels!? :-)

Originally posted by Ron S View Post
                you were dead on about a real sports car. The mustang is a pig of a car compared to the BMW but it is fun to drive.

Comment

Working...
                X