Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!! Excellent 1988 M3 SoCal Zin over Black !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !! Excellent 1988 M3 SoCal Zin over Black !!

For Sale:

Adult enthusiast owned Numbers matching 1998 BMW M3 (E30) - 111,695 miles

The car is truly in Excellent condition. VIN: WBSAK0301J2196345

As you probably know this is the most victorious of any saloon car built. Only 5000 of these were imported to the USA during its production run.
    These cars were built to meet homologation rules regarding DTM (German Touring Car races) and BMW therefore had to produce 5000 of these per year.

I really thought it would be the car that I would have kept for the rest of my life. Much like my beloved E36. However, health issues over the past 3 years have been mortally expensive and am therefore forced to sell.

After purchasing it 18 months ago I had a full Inspection II service performed by our BMW dealer.
    I had the windscreen replaced with BMW Sekurit glass and at the same time BMW replaced the HT leads.
    The car passed CA smog easily.

I keep the car like new (as I do with both of my Ms). I wash with the two bucket method. I use MF cloths, NXT, Zymol, Klasse, and Souveran. Outside of regular washing, I wash and clay bar the car, clean the paint, reseal, and then put on a coat of carnuba wax every six months. The paint feels like butter. The car is garage kept and I only drive it about once a month when it's sunny.

The M3 is Zinnober red over Black leather.

The front seats have been re-upholstered and last year I replaced all the seat shocks in the driver's seat.

Original Radio (with code and fully functional)
    AC (blows cold)
    OBC (fully functional)
    Check lights above rear view mirror (all functional)
    Rear view mirror navigation lights (functional)
    Electronic Rear View Mirrors (functional)
    7 way adjustable front seats (functional)

I have two binders will all of the service records and the original books/manuals too.

The car drives phenomenally well. It is very precise and the bilstein shocks are great.

This is your chance at owning one the very best homologation special cars ever produced by BMW.

It really is that good.

Clean Carfax and I am willing to take it for a PPI (BMW dealer or reputable indy shop) but the requesting party will have to incur the cost.

Price $24000 - will consider reasonable offers. Please: Serious buyers only. I have the title in hand.

Call Keith @ 805-987-4022 (between 9 AM and 5 PM only)

And now the photographs (please excuse my old camera and lack of skills):

Thank you!

Well put together! Car looks gorgeous....I love that color combo. I love a well presented Zinno M3!

One thing I noticed in your very nice pics is the black door cards (they look like '90/'91 style)....the car is an '88 yet the door cards indicate no emergency crank plugs (std on '88 & '89's). Were they replaced or was the interior originally another color? Not intended to be a negative in any way...merely a casual observation.

Hate to see you have to sell it, and I wish you well.

John
    Last edited by 02fanatic; 12-02-2009, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Well put together! Car looks gorgeous....I love that color combo. I love a well presented Zinno M3!

One thing I noticed in your very nice pics is the black door cards (they look like '90/'91 style)....the car is an '88 yet the door cards indicate no emergency crank plugs (std on '88 & '89's). Were they replaced or was the interior originally another color? Not intended to be a negative in any way...merely a casual observation.

John
      I have always wondered about that, but my car is a late 88 build, thus an 89 and it didn't have the crank plugs.

Nice car BTW, gotta love taking a clean zinno into the sun for a drive... GLWS

Comment

Very nice! Good luck with the sale.

Comment

sweeeeet!!!

Comment

That's interesting....maybe they switched over late in the run on '88's, and maybe this '88 is late in the run....looks like more trivia research is in order. :-)

Originally posted by Shaun View Post
            I have always wondered about that, but my car is a late 88 build, thus an 89 and it didn't have the crank plugs.

Comment

Sweet ride...

Sorry about the sale, but goo luck with it.
              '88 Sep 03,87 Zinno/Natur 2.5L--the queen
              '90 White/Natur 2.3L---the weekend
              '14 GT-R Red/Black ohhh..yeah!!!
              '09 E82 135i Crimson Red/ Black w/M-Tech goodies--sold
              '94 11/93 AW III 525i M50/S50 cams/5 speed swap--sold
              '11 Nissan Rogue White/Gray
              '89 Wrangler 4.2L 4x4 5 speed
              '66 VW Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by 02fanatic View Post

John
                I feel like such a noob but whats a crank plug?
                Nothing like an M car

Comment

Wish I had a pic of a door card handy, but it's an approx 1" dia. upholstery plug the same color as the door card that is about mid-way up the card maybe a little over 1/2 way toward the front of the card that can be removed if the electric motor for the window ever seizes. The tool is in the trunk tool kit that can be used to manually operate cranking the window. I think it's neat German Engineering feature on these cars, but for some reason it was eliminated in later models.

If anyone has a pic that'd help you see my attempted description that would help...don't want to hijack this thread though...not my intention to detract from the sale of a very nice car.

I hope this helps,

John

Originally posted by RadRyan View Post
                  I feel like such a noob but whats a crank plug?

Comment

'88 Sep 03,87 Zinno/Natur 2.5L--the queen
                    '90 White/Natur 2.3L---the weekend
                    '14 GT-R Red/Black ohhh..yeah!!!
                    '09 E82 135i Crimson Red/ Black w/M-Tech goodies--sold
                    '94 11/93 AW III 525i M50/S50 cams/5 speed swap--sold
                    '11 Nissan Rogue White/Gray
                    '89 Wrangler 4.2L 4x4 5 speed
                    '66 VW Beetle

Comment

John
                      Hi John, I really do not know if the interior was replaced but I have no documentation of it being done so perhaps the door cards were installed when the previous owner had the seats re-upholstered. Thanks for bringing it up because I never knew that the early years had the cutout for access.

I imagine though that somebody with access to BMW VIN registry could print out the original equipment and specs on the vehicle. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who can perform this.

Originally posted by Shaun View Post

Thanks.

Originally posted by luve30 View Post
                      Very nice! Good luck with the sale.
                      Thank you.

Originally posted by MTree View Post
                      sweeeeet!!!

Originally posted by bmws14m3 View Post
                      Sweet ride...

Sorry about the sale, but goo luck with it.
                      Thanks.

Wish I had a pic of a door card handy, but it's an approx 1" dia. upholstery plug the same color as the door card that is about mid-way up the card maybe a little over 1/2 way toward the front of the card that can be removed if the electric motor for the window ever seizes. The tool is in the trunk tool kit that can be used to manually operate cranking the window. I think it's neat German Engineering feature on these cars, but for some reason it was eliminated in later models.

If anyone has a pic that'd help you see my attempted description that would help...don't want to hijack this thread though...not my intention to detract from the sale of a very nice car.

I hope this helps,

John
                      Thanks John, being educated always helps.

Comment

I was just going some records and I cannot believe that I purchased the car in March of 2007. It feels like yesterday hence my mistake with date. I've owned the car for nearly 3 years...... wow.

Comment

A couple of people have asked for more engine bay pictures so I took some... here you are. After a quick dust with Aerospace protectant.

Comment

DuctApe66,
                            My Zinno was built just a month or 2 after yours and I have a VDO instrument cluster... Interesting yours says Motometer! My '91 318is had a Motometer instrument cluster. Does anyone know if the two were used in parallel or if they switched from one to the other? Just curious!

Your radio also looks different and you have 2 AC snowflake buttons!?

BTW, I love Zinno & Henna cars -can't beat them with the proper lighting! GLWS! Wish I had the cash!
                            Last edited by Narayan3; 12-03-2009, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by e30s4evr View Post
                              DuctApe66,
                              My Zinno was built just a month or 2 after yours and I have a VDO instrument cluster... Interesting yours says Motometer! My '91 318is had a Motometer instrument cluster. Does anyone know if the two were used in parallel or if they switched from one to the other? Just curious!

Your radio also looks different and you have 2 AC snowflake buttons!?

BTW, I love Zinno & Henna cars -can't beat them with the proper lighting! GLWS! Wish I had the cash!
                              I have no idea regarding the instrument cluster but I have the BMW radio codes that came together with the user/owner manuals. The radio is the same radio that was in my E30 323i back in 1989 - although that was a South African market car.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X