WTT: 1969 camaro for e30 m3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTT: 1969 camaro for e30 m3

hello all, the for sale forum strictly states for e30 m3 cars only so i thought this would be the next best place to post this thread, please excuse me if im wrong and kindly direct me to the correct thread.

i currently drive a 1990 325is as my daily driver and own a 1969 rs/ss camaro as my weekend car. what i want to offer is my camaro for trade for the right m3. im looking for as close to straight up as possible. In a good market i would say the value to be around 25-30k for this car but am looking more around 15-20k right now. the car still needs a bit of work to bring it to daily driving status but 6 years of hard work and restoration is done for you. electrical wiring in the dash is the biggest obstacle. drivetrain is all new and solid. interior is missing a few parts but i have a shed full of original and nos parts for this car. it has a 350 c.i small block chevy pushing 400hp ( loaded with goodies) a brand new muncie m21 4speed with hurst competition plus shifter and linkage. here is a link to more pictures of the entire build of the car and here are a few current day shots. both sets of wheels would be available.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/569319

i am looking to trade for an e30 m3, black, d.s, or silver. one with solid maintenance and clean inside and out. the more upgrades installed the better like i said my daily is an e30 and i love it more than anything, so much so im willing to say goodbye to my baby so i can put one in my garage.

heres some links to a few videos so u can hear the car and see it drive.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCK2_dLX2FE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyD5dVHvu38

if anyone is interested send a pm or email [email protected]
    thanks for looking.

nobody wants smog exempt v8 power?

Comment

You did a hell of a lot of work to that car! It turned out nice and I'm sure it hauls ass. The 2nd car I ever owned was a '69 Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by luve30 View Post
        You did a hell of a lot of work to that car! It turned out nice and I'm sure it hauls ass. The 2nd car I ever owned was a '69 Camaro.

thanks! yeah as you can see it was in rough condition when i got it. i actually traded it for an emmick racing gokart when i was in junior high haha. it needed basically every major body panel replaced due to rust cancer. both quarter panels, all floor plans and trunk pan. windshield and rear window chanels, and the ENTIRE front end is brand new Goodmark sheetmetal. over 25k was put into this car over a period of about 7 years. the paint and body work was done by absolute customs in petaluma, i worked there at the time and was able to do a lot of the work myself, side markers were shaved rear seams were smoothed over and filled. custom 2 tone viper red and black pearl metallic. door jams are also 2 tone.

Comment

Looks really mean. Are you sure you want to get rid of it? Sounds like you put your heart and soul into it.
          Oh and the correct location for a non-E30 M3 "For Sale" thread is the Off Topic section.
          Terrance

Comment

Mean looking resto-mod Camaro! You may know what an L78 Chevelle is...I bought one new back in '67....Chevelle SS396 L78 (1 of 612 made)....man, talk about value....it would be worth 6 figures today in the condition I sold it in '71 for peanuts. I'm partial to 60's Chevy's.

It's like comparing apples & oranges though. '69 Camaro & an E30 M3 are two totally different driving cars (but you knew that already).

Comment

Now thats a shift in interest! A vintage camaro for an M3 is definitely not a common switch.

Beautiful Camaro and kudos on the resto!!!!!

I'll say this though, I want a Grand National real bad, but i wouldn't sell the ///M for one. I would have to have both!

You can keep the car and take out a loan!!!
              Last edited by MTree; 03-16-2010, 05:13 PM.

Comment

im only 20 so this car was basically my first car, a 1971 nova and a 1965 malibu ss preceded it. So basically my vision was a resto-mod pro touring type camaro, ive taken the project quite far along with my father, but i figured instead of making this a touring car why not start out with one that is already the best.

plus this is a forced sale, downsizing and i cannot keep this car, i will sell this or trade and sell my 325is as well to get the m3 i want. ideally i would like to make payments so i could have money for parts.

Comment

video of a walk around and start up. was taken with my digital camera so its a tad shaky my apologies, also i have some interior pictures if anyone is interested.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGqAAlgn-m0

Comment

nobody with a lachs wants to trade? =[

Comment

wow what a car and a job well done...keep it

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
                        wow what a car and a job well done...keep it
                        sadly i dont want to keep it. id rather drive an m3 or an e9 coupe.

Comment

Kid great job on the camaro. Just find an M3 that needs cosmetic work (you may want to find one with a good engine though) and keep the camaro. If you got the skills you can fix it up slowly and end up with 2 of the best cars ever made.

Comment

trade

still want to trade?have a 1988 m3 for sale red with tan interior? or just money
                            but like the maro too. e-mail me [email protected]

Comment

nice car

Comment

Working...
                              X