greatly appreciated

Originally posted by poofyo101 View Post
    anyone run one on
    WBSAK030XJ2197963

thanks
    greatly appreciated

Car was salvaged in Hawaii in 1997.

Comment

Thanks anything else to be wary of on the report?

Comment

Originally posted by poofyo101 View Post
        Thanks anything else to be wary of on the report?

Other than "non-rebuildable", salvage is as bad as it gets. But that car has been driven and registered almost every year since 1997, and it has to have at least 100,000 miles.

Salvage means bad damage, but without seeing pics or the car to judge for yourself... hard to gauge how bad it really could have been.

Comment

I bought that car. All VIN#'s match up on every panel except the drivers side front fender. Salvage issued in 1994.
          sigpic

Comment

are you sure you can register a salvage car in BC? in Ontario it was imposible...i tried to import a NSX and i could not, i had to return it to the US....

Comment

Originally posted by camiloaa View Post
              are you sure you can register a salvage car in BC? in Ontario it was imposible...i tried to import a NSX and i could not, i had to return it to the US....
              In BC you can,was your NSX "rebuilt" or "Salvage" status, Im pretty sure they are different because the issue it "rebuilt" when it has gone through and passed a very detailed inspection. I read up on it alot before buying it and I also heard that you cannot import into ontario for some reason. I starting to think that it was probally stolen thats why it has a "rebuilt" status because all panels,hood,trunk.engine etc have matching vin number except for the drivers fender. you would think if it was in a major collision more panels would have been replaced, I have taken apart the whole car, taken off both fenders and looked for signs of repair and everything looks normal (unless they fixed it really well). It also has Black e36 m3 interior, maybe interior got stripped and they replaced it with the e36 front and rear seats?? who knows?
              Last edited by RXPX; 12-14-2010, 05:47 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Salvage Title doesn't mean a car can't be "salvaged".....depends on the buyer and his "desire" to save a car "and" the car, if it's "desirable" enough to save. I have a '72tii that most people would have given up on....salvage title...rebuilt it to specs better than factory...how is that possible?...It "is"....but, overall value may be compromised due to the "salvage title" stigma...not always justly applied....all I am sayin!

One thing is certain, a salvaged title car needs to be investigated fully before purchase. Apparently, this car has been passed around alot...this is not a good indication. But, if only one VIN tag is missing, makes me wonder if it's really worthy of a salvage title.

Some of the most famous collector cars in the world have had major structural/body repairs at some point...would be considered "salvaged" (actually "rebuilt" is a better term), but they are too old to registered as normal cars. And, due to rarity, who cares anyway as long as they are "restored".

I think we all know how many insurance companies "rush to judgement" to total a car rather than pony up the cash to "fix it proper"....this example may be the unfortunate victim of such activities in its past.

Originally posted by ARDD12 View Post
                Other than "non-rebuildable", salvage is as bad as it gets. But that car has been driven and registered almost every year since 1997, and it has to have at least 100,000 miles.

Salvage means bad damage, but without seeing pics or the car to judge for yourself... hard to gauge how bad it really could have been.
                Last edited by 02fanatic; 12-15-2010, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X