'90 White/Natur 2.3L---the weekend
      '14 GT-R Red/Black ohhh..yeah!!!
      '09 E82 135i Crimson Red/ Black w/M-Tech goodies--sold
      '94 11/93 AW III 525i M50/S50 cams/5 speed swap--sold
      '11 Nissan Rogue White/Gray
      '89 Wrangler 4.2L 4x4 5 speed
      '66 VW Beetle

Comment

Anyone know the deal with this car? Weird swap. I'm tempted to go look at it, but it's a bit far away...

Comment

Look for Alpina B6 3.5s
          Alpina claim 254hp with that motor.
          I believe that only 62 units were made

http://home.online.no/~krimp/sweb/ph...nabB6_3_5s.htm

http://www.alpina-archive.com/?page_id=53
          '88 Sep 03,87 Zinno/Natur 2.5L--the queen
          '90 White/Natur 2.3L---the weekend
          '14 GT-R Red/Black ohhh..yeah!!!
          '09 E82 135i Crimson Red/ Black w/M-Tech goodies--sold
          '94 11/93 AW III 525i M50/S50 cams/5 speed swap--sold
          '11 Nissan Rogue White/Gray
          '89 Wrangler 4.2L 4x4 5 speed
          '66 VW Beetle

Comment

I messaged him since im not to far to check it out, no response yet.

Comment

Woww Nicee price!

Comment

Its was listed on Craigslist 2 weeks ago and just re-listed again.

F

Comment

Stories aplenty with this one. Been following it for awhile - finally found a time to hook up. Apologies in advance if I sound a little pissed: it took forever to meet and in the meantime I passed on a sweet S52 E30 to deal with this guy.

The main thing is that it is neither an Alpina car nor Alpina motor. Wrong VIN for Alpina chassis. Tricky to sort out swapped engine possibility but eventually did and it has the wrong M30 block codes too. As was explained later to me, Alpina motors are like gold - they do not end up in random cars.

Bigtime underside rust - not mentioned in CL ad I saw. Maybe it was mentioned later (probably because I bitched about it). This one really got me.

Half-assed swap - no a/c, no heat, weird vibrations, cluster inop...

None of which compared with my favorite, the true WTF moment:

Not his car. Car's Owner is "unavailable" or "on a trip" or something...

All righty then...

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! As they say, if it's too good to be true....

Comment

No heater?!?!?!
                      Alex
                      '89 M3 Diamantschwarz metallic/black
                      '90 M3 Diamantschwarz metallic/gray
                      '03 M5 Jet Black/black

Comment

Well even the cragslist ad suggests that the seller is a bone head.

"here come buy my item, but I don't have time to talk.. tata"

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

Originally posted by MDrei View Post
                          Stories aplenty with this one. Been following it for awhile - finally found a time to hook up. Apologies in advance if I sound a little pissed: it took forever to meet and in the meantime I passed on a sweet S52 E30 to deal with this guy.

The main thing is that it is neither an Alpina car nor Alpina motor. Wrong VIN for Alpina chassis. Tricky to sort out swapped engine possibility but eventually did and it has the wrong M30 block codes too. As was explained later to me, Alpina motors are like gold - they do not end up in random cars.

Bigtime underside rust - not mentioned in CL ad I saw. Maybe it was mentioned later (probably because I bitched about it). This one really got me.

Half-assed swap - no a/c, no heat, weird vibrations, cluster inop...

None of which compared with my favorite, the true WTF moment:

Not his car. Car's Owner is "unavailable" or "on a trip" or something...

All righty then...
                          Spot on, I spoke to the guy this evening to try and set a time up to see the car and see if it was a hack job, he wasnt trying to really work anything out, the owner IS out of contact even when I told him I had cash on hand. He also confirmed it was NOT an Alpina engine.

Spoke to a friend of mine earlier tonight and come to find out it was his friends old car, said its a "piece of crap". LoL

Comment

A clean e30 m3 with a s14 or a swapped motor is gonna cost way more than 15k.. People who work on these will tell you that its not cheap or easy to make an e30 m3 in excellent condition.. My Blk e30 m3 with the swapped euro has costed m3 around 27k so far and not counting full price on my labor..

Comment

as soon as I saw the add I thought - yeah, good luck buddy, great attitude and awesome post, your car will sell soon :hee: yeah, right

Comment

Working...
                              X