Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop shitting in other people's fs threads!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stop shitting in other people's fs threads!!!

    Don't know if it's me but that's an awful lot of money to be asking for a car that's not in mint condition. Anyhow, good luck with the sale.

  • #2
    Originally posted by leitmg View Post
    Don't know if it's me but that's an awful lot of money to be asking for a car that's not in mint condition. Anyhow, good luck with the sale.
    +1 but beautiful car.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by leitmg View Post
      Don't know if it's me but that's an awful lot of money to be asking for a car that's not in mint condition. Anyhow, good luck with the sale.
      Hardly too much. I think it's a great starting point on a low mileage car. It's only cosmetic
      work that needs to be addressed, which I think is perfectly fine with a 25 year old car as
      a good amount on the market have had paint done at some point in its life. He can
      always start at $25k and come down. Never up.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by chutrain View Post
        Hardly too much. I think it's a great starting point on a low mileage car. It's only cosmetic
        work that needs to be addressed, which I think is perfectly fine with a 25 year old car as
        a good amount on the market have had paint done at some point in its life. He can
        always start at $25k and come down. Never up.
        I agree that it's cosmetic but when you're spending $25k why have a need to spend more to bring it to its assumed value? A new windshield and paint touches are excessive for the cost. After-all, it's a leap and skip from buying a brand-new, hassle free car. The car's quite nice but I wouldn't consider it as I'm shopping now.
        Last edited by leitmg; 11-18-2010, 05:09 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by leitmg View Post
          I agree that it's cosmetic but when you're spending $25k why have a need to spend more to bring it to its assumed value? A new windshield and paint touches are excessive for the cost. After-all, it's a leap and skip from buying a brand-new, hassle free car. The car's quite nice but I wouldn't consider it as I'm shopping now.
          I think if you are in a toss-up between this car and a hassle free brand new one then you are in the market for all the wrong reasons. You buy this car because it's nothing like generic crap seen everywhere, from purely financial point of view these cars don't make any sense. I don't necessarily disagree with you about the price, but it's only asking price for an un-abused nearly original car.



          - Tire is the other control arm bushing.

          zhpregistry.net

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by leitmg View Post
            I agree that it's cosmetic but when you're spending $25k why have a need to spend more to bring it to its assumed value? A new windshield and paint touches are excessive for the cost. After-all, it's a leap and skip from buying a brand-new, hassle free car. The car's quite nice but I wouldn't consider it as I'm shopping now.
            I agree. I have seen examples in amazing condition with low miles sell for 20k. But still this is a nice one. There was an alpine white one on ebay that sold for 18k not too long ago. In my opionion the price is steep. GLWS
            sigpic

            1989 BMW M3 ALPINE WHITE II/SRD M CLOTH
            1995 BMW M3 DAYTONA/DOVE SOLD
            1995 BMW M3 AVUS/BLACK
            1998 BMW M3 ESTORIL/DOVE SEDAN SOLD
            1999 BMW M3 TITANIUM/DOVE CONV. SOLD
            1999 BMW M3 COSMOS/SAND BEIGE SOLD
            2003 BMW M5 ALPINE WHITE/BLACK SOLD
            2004 BMW M3 SILVERGRAY/IMOLA
            2007 BMW M5 SAPPHIRE/INDY

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by noro View Post
              I think if you are in a toss-up between this car and a hassle free brand new one then you are in the market for all the wrong reasons. You buy this car because it's nothing like generic crap seen everywhere, from purely financial point of view these cars don't make any sense. I don't necessarily disagree with you about the price, but it's only asking price for an un-abused nearly original car.
              Well I don't buy brand new cars, in fact I've never bought a brand new car, so my only toss-up is how much I want to spend. I want to drive my car and not be concerned about it's original status. Accidents happen so I don't find that much value in it's "originality" status. Not to cross the seller, I'm just not seeing where the price is rational. I'll give him credit that the car has been well maintained, according to his testament.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Davidzm View Post
                I agree. I have seen examples in amazing condition with low miles sell for 20k. But still this is a nice one. There was an alpine white one on ebay that sold for 18k not too long ago. In my opionion the price is steep. GLWS
                Back when the economy started its downwards spiral and folks were all glued to their televisions hanging on tightly to their pillows awaiting a financial Armageddon, I saw a henna red E30 2.5 rebuild in outstanding condition go for 15K.

                The point I am making is, these cars are hard to come by and the final price is really up to the seller, most of whom don't really "have to" sell these cars. You are going to snatch a great deal only from those sellers that are strapped for cash, a lot of which already have relinquished their cars.



                - Tire is the other control arm bushing.

                zhpregistry.net

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by noro View Post
                  I think if you are in a toss-up between this car and a hassle free brand new one then you are in the market for all the wrong reasons. You buy this car because it's nothing like generic crap seen everywhere, from purely financial point of view these cars don't make any sense. I don't necessarily disagree with you about the price, but it's only asking price for an un-abused nearly original car.
                  Like I mentioned before it's only an asking price. The comments before are obviously an
                  attempt to drive down the price. If there are better cars for less money, they would
                  have already bought the cars. Just saying....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by leitmg View Post
                    Well I don't buy brand new cars, in fact I've never bought a brand new car, so my only toss-up is how much I want to spend. I want to drive my car and not be concerned about it's original status. Accidents happen so I don't find that much value in it's "originality" status. Not to cross the seller, I'm just not seeing where the price is rational. I'll give him credit that the car has been well maintained, according to his testament.
                    If that's the case, I highly recommend you reconsider buying this car. It probably has one of the highest maintenance to original cost indexes. You are much better off getting an E46 M3 and driving that one 50K miles before you need to do anything considerable to it.



                    - Tire is the other control arm bushing.

                    zhpregistry.net

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      One of the biggest costs of owning one of these vehicles is staying on top of the
                      maintenance. A car that was poorly maintained, you can expect to spend a couple of
                      grand taking care of those items. I think most of the asking price is due to the low
                      mileage. These days, anything under 100k is considered low mileage so in relation this
                      is a very low mileage car. I agree with noro, you may want to reassess your priorities
                      and if the E30 M3 fits those priorities.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by noro View Post
                        If that's the case, I highly recommend you reconsider buying this car. It probably has one of the highest maintenance to original cost indexes. You are much better off getting an E46 M3 and driving that one 50K miles before you need to do anything considerable to it.

                        Yeah I've got an 02 E46 M3 with 48k miles but I'm now ready for an E30 M3 so the search continues. I'm certain you all have been through it so I'll use some patients. There may not be loads of E30 M3s on the market but they do pop up regularly.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by leitmg View Post
                          Yeah I've got an 02 E46 M3 with 48k miles but I'm now ready for an E30 M3 so the search continues. I'm certain you all have been through it so I'll use some patients. There may not be loads of E30 M3s on the market but they do pop up regularly.
                          Yes, these cars do pop up time to time, but finding a well maintained car with a good
                          price these days are really rare. They either command a premium or scooped up before
                          they even hit the market.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by chutrain View Post
                            One of the biggest costs of owning one of these vehicles is staying on top of the
                            maintenance. A car that was poorly maintained, you can expect to spend a couple of
                            grand taking care of those items. I think most of the asking price is due to the low
                            mileage. These days, anything under 100k is considered low mileage so in relation this
                            is a very low mileage car. I agree with noro, you may want to reassess your priorities
                            and if the E30 M3 fits those priorities.
                            To be honest, mileage really isn't as key as you may think. A car with little mileage can have a major breakdown just as a car with high mileage. Things to consider is the environment in which the car has been kept, how long it's been sitting, who and when has the maintenance been performed, how has it been driven, etc. My car has low mileage for it's age because it's in storage as I live in Europe but I know my car. I don't necessarily know anyone else's.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by leitmg View Post
                              Yeah I've got an 02 E46 M3 with 48k miles but I'm now ready for an E30 M3 so the search continues. I'm certain you all have been through it so I'll use some patients. There may not be loads of E30 M3s on the market but they do pop up regularly.
                              I looked for mine for 2 years... five years ago! But for me price wasn't as much of a deciding factor (later) as condition/color/mileage etc.

                              The point I am trying to make is if you come across something you really like be careful not to pass up the opportunity because of 2-3K, I missed out on a really nice black E30 back then simply because it was 2K over my superficially set price limit, which I later raised and luckily got a car in similar condition.



                              - Tire is the other control arm bushing.

                              zhpregistry.net

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X