'88 E30 M3 : Boulder, CO : $7250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '88 E30 M3 : Boulder, CO : $7250

Not affiliated but maybe worth checking out...

http://boulder.craigslist.org/cto/2442325282.html

'88 DS M3, $7250

already removed.
    95 540i M-Sport Alpine/black 56k miles
    01 M3 Imola/black 37k miles
    99 M3 Cosmos/black 63k miles For Sale
    98 911 C4S Polar silver/black 56k miles SOLD
    99 M3 Cosmos/Mulberry 40k miles For Sale
    08 M3 Silverstone/silver 13k miles
    89 M3 Lachssilber/black 76k miles
    95 540i M-Sport Cosmos/black 160k miles
    98 M3 Arctic silver 40k miles SOLD
    91 M5 Silver SOLD
    99 M3 Fern SOLD
    06 M3 ZCP S3R Alpine SOLD
    99 M3 Cosmos SOLD
    04 M3 Vert Tiag SOLD
    03 M3 Carbon SOLD
    02 M3 Imola SOLD
    88 M3 Alpine/black SOLD

Comment

That was fast! Here is the original ad:

Diamondschwartz with gray interior. Runs strong, but needs some attention, hence the price. Approximately 157K miles, but the odometer reads 6.5K. Purchased in October 2010 on a whim, but haven't been driving the car. Unfortunately, service records were not provided as verbally represented. I am the third owner. The previous owners were husband who purchased the car when new and then transferred the title into his wife's name in April of 2000. Appreciate it for what it is, or develop it into a track car. Clean, clear Colorado title in my name.

Local, cash transaction. If out of state, please arrange for someone local to conduct the transaction, and have that person facilitate the transportation of the car.

I'm not interested in trades or financing your purchase. I'll only reply to inquiries that include your telephone number. If you have a non-local number, please identify your time zone. My schedule is such that I will only be able to reply during the evening, or possibly lunch.
      (If you have previously inquired about the car, but did not receive a response, you needn't try again.)

Comment

That ad was up for a while. I emailed him about a month ago and never heard back.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
        85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
        91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

x2

Comment

Red flag just from the ad wording.
            At the least d-bag seller for sure.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E30 325is / E30 318i / E36 ti / Alfa Romeo

Comment

I spoke to the seller. Had some rust but what really scared me was that half the vin tag on the dash "fell off".

Comment

Sale is pending.

infanterene: I never said the VIN plate on the dash "fell off". I did state that it was missing and that I found a portion of it in the glove box. When applying for a title in Colorado for a vehicle titled in another state, a VIN verification is required, which was performed when obtaining title in my name. During our conversation, you stated that the car would receive a salvage title in Florida because of the missing VIN plate. I doubt the veracity of that statement. I have been told that other states require a verification of the VIN number in at least two locations, one perhaps being the VIN stamped on the firewall. I have been able to locate eight matching VIN numbers (one being the VIN stamped on the firewall), and possibly a ninth (on the left quarter panel, which I cannot easily read). As I told you and others, the right quarter panel and right door had been repainted and were missing the VIN stickers. I have read conflicting information whether there is a VIN sticker on the engine block, or whether that it is an engine code number (between the number four cylinder and firewall). I have not tried to verify that number.

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                  Red flag just from the ad wording.
                  At the least d-bag seller for sure.
                  Teaguer, do find offensive that I would want the buyer to inspect the car in person, or have someone on their behalf inspect the car (and conduct the transaction in person and facilitate transportation)? Perhaps, that I do not want to accept a trade or finance the transaction?

Comment

"If you have previously inquired about the car, but did not receive a response, you needn't try again."

Hmmm I guess I would fall into this category. I didn't get a response so I assumed it was spam or something. Now that I find that its real, I'm a little disappointed as I have family in Boulder/Littleton and could have made it happen months ago.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
                    85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
                    91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

does anyone have pictures of the car, so we all know what we are talking about?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Palos View Post

. I have read conflicting information whether there is a VIN sticker on the engine block
                        yes the engine does have a vin number as well as the transmission.
                        Tom D

77 E21-M42
                        84 R100RT
                        88 E30M3
                        02 R1150RS
                        04 330I Dinan3

Comment

I made a cash offer and spoke to the seller...he wouldn't sell it to me? But the seller s nice... Now I am still looking.. The car was as described and the seller was knowledgeable.. I don't like him bc he wouldn't sell it to me :peekaboo: but he was a nice guy....jon, if it doesn't sell please email me akl email...but this is legit and the seller seems very honest and open..

Comment

I dont remember saying that the missing vin would cause a salvage title in Florida. I was scared off because police here regularly check for altered vins at car show, races etc. When they find a car with an altered vin they sieze the car.

Originally posted by Palos View Post
                            Sale is pending.

infanterene: I never said the VIN plate on the dash "fell off". I did state that it was missing and that I found a portion of it in the glove box. When applying for a title in Colorado for a vehicle titled in another state, a VIN verification is required, which was performed when obtaining title in my name. During our conversation, you stated that the car would receive a salvage title in Florida because of the missing VIN plate. I doubt the veracity of that statement. I have been told that other states require a verification of the VIN number in at least two locations, one perhaps being the VIN stamped on the firewall. I have been able to locate eight matching VIN numbers (one being the VIN stamped on the firewall), and possibly a ninth (on the left quarter panel, which I cannot easily read). As I told you and others, the right quarter panel and right door had been repainted and were missing the VIN stickers. I have read conflicting information whether there is a VIN sticker on the engine block, or whether that it is an engine code number (between the number four cylinder and firewall). I have not tried to verify that number.
                            Last edited by infanterene; 06-26-2011, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oliwer78 View Post
                              does anyone have pictures of the car, so we all know what we are talking about?
                              I ended up buying it, so here's a picture... or four :p:

Btw, Jon was an amazing guy to deal with through a difficult transaction across several states, with hectic work schedules, difficult communication, etc. Thanks Jon!
                              Last edited by VadGTI; 08-30-2011, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X